10 NIGHTS AT THE GRAMERCY NYC FEB 2023 (NOW with COMPLETE residency tally at post one!)

Pretty self-explanatory
And No Coffee Table

Re: 10 NIGHTS AT THE GRAMERCY NYC FEB 2023

Post by And No Coffee Table »

tkoegel wrote:Were there/are there 10-night passes with seats in the main section?
The initial presale offered the 10-night pass for either the VIP deck or the first two rows.
gramercy.jpg
gramercy.jpg (136.86 KiB) Viewed 47471 times
Charles

Post by Charles »

tkoegel wrote:
cfm123 wrote:I spoke with someone at the venue and they told me that the VIP Deck is limited to like 20 people who purchased the 10 night pass, but the seats are on a first come, first served basis each night. From the looks of it, from previous shows, it’s not a bad place to be and it’s off to the side of the venue seating. Not quite to the side of the stage. The resale prices are absolutely insane. Good luck!
Thanks, cfm123. Were there/are there 10-night passes with seats in the main section? I have to say the descriptions of these ticket offerings are cryptic to say the least? And agree that the prices are pretty astonishing. I think some 10-night pass (not sure which one) was about $2K originally?
Yes, all of the original prices for these packages were right around 2K and only $27.00 total for fees. Someone is selling a seat right next to me in the front row for $7700.00. That’s obscene.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

cfm123 wrote:Someone is selling a seat right next to me in the front row for $7700.00. That’s obscene.
I'm sorry but I hope this person / business has NO TAKERS and has to sell at a loss. The scenario you have described really gets my goat, touts really are t***s.

Best wishes from Jealous Boots on the other side of the Pond.
tkoegel

Post by tkoegel »

Thanks to you all for your tips. I am terribly disappointed that I missed out on the presale. I had all kinds of news alerts set after Elvis made the announcement on Colbert. But did not pick up the news until later in the day after the initial Citi presale opened, at which point the 10-day passes were all gone. I guess I'll have to see what shows up on the secondary market.
Charles

Post by Charles »

tkoegel wrote:Thanks to you all for your tips. I am terribly disappointed that I missed out on the presale. I had all kinds of news alerts set after Elvis made the announcement on Colbert. But did not pick up the news until later in the day after the initial Citi presale opened, at which point the 10-day passes were all gone. I guess I'll have to see what shows up on the secondary market.
One more tip is to never give up. They don't release all of the tickets on day 1 of any presale. I was able to get my front row 10 night pass on day 3 of the sales. Good luck!
Charles

Post by Charles »

Let the countdown begin…
Attachments
CCE07FDF-A48A-4D91-B144-EE7C716CFC0E.jpeg
CCE07FDF-A48A-4D91-B144-EE7C716CFC0E.jpeg (193.19 KiB) Viewed 46398 times
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Counting the days myself.

I'm trying not to get too over excited, and I'll admit to some minor anxiety what if he does that voice-lag, way behind the beat too much stuff. I'm sure it will be splendid though.
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

I'll be taking depositions by day and seeing EC by night for many of these dates, so you might see me there in a suit and tie! :lol:
Charles

Post by Charles »

I'm looking forward to partaking in copious amounts of NYC pizza, meeting up with old friends, and seeing EC tear up the Tri-State area…
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Charles

Post by Charles »

It now officially begins, next week!!!
rockcat

Post by rockcat »

My friend has an extra VIP ticket for each of the 10 shows. He bought a pair for each show and I was supposed to accompany him, but my work schedule changed and now I'm unable to attend any of the shows. His tickets are available at face value (plus the usual TM fees). If you're interested, or if you know someone who's interested, contact me privately and I'll put you in touch with him.
whiteknux

Post by whiteknux »

Really hope people on this message board can take advantage of that offer from rockcat's friend. So sorry you can't make the shows!

I thought this might be the most suitable thread to pose this question, since it concerns all 10 nights. The original press release says EC won't repeat any song from the 100 listed in the printed program but that we should expect to hear some familiar favorites in the encore section. This makes total sense (this whole run is not just a gift to those of us fortunate to attend these shows but also a testament to the depth and breadth of this man's catalog) and why would we expect any different given the undertaking? You certainly couldn't fault him if we played the same 3 songs as an encore for every show considering. It's a *lot* of material.

The printed program, however, has a lot of songs one would think would be slotted into the familiar favorites section of the setlist. "Alison" is being played on the first night- I've never seen an EC show where it wasn't played- has there ever been a 9-show stretch since it was written where it wasn't performed? Pretty impressive.

Perennial setlist standards are also accounted for across the 10 nights- WTD, AWH, RR, (TAWWM)RS, IWY, EIWTB and "Veronica" all in the printed program (I don't necessarily think of "Veronica" as a warhorse in the same league as the others, but it's been played more than 500 times and is his biggest US hit) so my question after this long-winded post is: What similar songs do you think we'll hear across multiple nights? I guess PLU (lot of acronyms, sorry, it's late) hase to be there and probably Chelsea, I guess? But if Elvis wants to send us out into the evening with "Uncomplicated", "Other End of the Telescope" and "Blame it on Cain" I guess we'll just have to accept it waka waka waka.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Don’t think about it and expect the unexpected! :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Elvis talks about rehearsing with Steve: https://www.billboard.com/video/elvis-c ... mmys-2023/
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sweetest punch wrote:Elvis talks about rehearsing with Steve: https://www.billboard.com/video/elvis-c ... mmys-2023/
Well...two things about this little interview. Firstly you ten nighters may rest easily as he clearly announced now semi officially at least, NO REPEATS in the ten nights! Impressive, as always our guy, huh? And I must hand it to the young lady for knowing what she needed to and pacing the short talk nicely.
Charles

Post by Charles »

sweetest punch wrote:Elvis talks about rehearsing with Steve: https://www.billboard.com/video/elvis-c ... mmys-2023/
“Myself, I’m rooting for Ozzy”!
Not only is he so gracious, he also nailed that prediction.
jmm

Post by jmm »

Has got me wondering how many of the 200 will be covers??

Should be FUN in whatever form it takes!
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
Charles

Post by Charles »

jmm wrote:Has got me wondering how many of the 200 will be covers??

I’m hoping for a bunch of covers! Yes, FUN it is!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

I agree. Whatever he wants works for me. Will I see you opening night?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Let's make a related poll...see my new thread. Not covers exclusively...how about this one: HOW MANY DEBUTS WILL 23RD STREET GET IN FEBRUARY?
jeanlass

Post by jeanlass »

rockcat wrote:My friend has an extra VIP ticket for each of the 10 shows. He bought a pair for each show and I was supposed to accompany him, but my work schedule changed and now I'm unable to attend any of the shows. His tickets are available at face value (plus the usual TM fees). If you're interested, or if you know someone who's interested, contact me privately and I'll put you in touch with him.
Hi, Rockcat, I tried to contact you but I don't believe it was successful- if your friend's tickets are still available, could you send me a message? Thanks! Hi, everybody else, sorry for the spam.
vertigoman

Post by vertigoman »

Long time listener, first time caller :)

I’m so excited for these upcoming shows! I missed the initial onsale last fall - my whole household had covid when they made the announcement and I was too busy hiding under my blankets to check email. I have managed to scrounge up single tickets to the 2/11 and 2/19 shows, so if nothing else, I get to see one solo show and one EC & SN show and that’s pretty awesome. I saw Costello & Nieve with the Brodsky Quartet in Boston back in 2004 and I remember it like it was yesterday - one of the greatest shows of my life - so to get this kind of scaled back performance again feels like a gift.

I have what is probably a dumb question that I’m hoping someone might have an answer for. I’d still like to find tickets for a couple more of the nights, but I’m also the primary caretaker for my young children so going to more shows is dependent on childcare arrangements, and the timing is real tight for that.

So my big question is: do we know what time these shows start? My ticket says “7pm” but I don’t know what that means exactly - is it doors at 7, show at 8? Is there an opening act? Or is it Elvis at precisely 7? (The later it is the better my chances of being able to go to more!) There doesn’t seem to be any further info on the venue’s websites or social media pages.

Many thanks! Looking forward to these shows!!
Charles

Post by Charles »

vertigoman wrote:Long time listener, first time caller :)

I’m so excited for these upcoming shows! I missed the initial onsale last fall - my whole household had covid when they made the announcement and I was too busy hiding under my blankets to check email. I have managed to scrounge up single tickets to the 2/11 and 2/19 shows, so if nothing else, I get to see one solo show and one EC & SN show and that’s pretty awesome. I saw Costello & Nieve with the Brodsky Quartet in Boston back in 2004 and I remember it like it was yesterday - one of the greatest shows of my life - so to get this kind of scaled back performance again feels like a gift.

I have what is probably a dumb question that I’m hoping someone might have an answer for. I’d still like to find tickets for a couple more of the nights, but I’m also the primary caretaker for my young children so going to more shows is dependent on childcare arrangements, and the timing is real tight for that.

So my big question is: do we know what time these shows start? My ticket says “7pm” but I don’t know what that means exactly - is it doors at 7, show at 8? Is there an opening act? Or is it Elvis at precisely 7? (The later it is the better my chances of being able to go to more!) There doesn’t seem to be any further info on the venue’s websites or social media pages.

Many thanks! Looking forward to these shows!!
From what I’m hearing, doors at 7pm, Elvis at 8pm.
vertigoman

Post by vertigoman »

That’s great to know - many thanks! :)