Living Artists at work EC & ATTRACTIONS!!! AUGUST 1995 NYC compilation

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Living Artists at work EC & ATTRACTIONS!!! AUGUST 1995 NYC compilation

Post by bronxapostle »

HERE WE GO EVERYONE....MY BEST RECORDING WORK EVER!!! COMPILED WONDERFULLY....all the 'then new and unreleased' songs from the AUGUST 1995 ATTRACTIONS BEACON THEATRE nyc SHOWS....my compilation for your ears. I felt these were the finest takes and or my best recordings that week. It must have been my absolute best SONY STEREO WALKMAN recorder. I also got lucky on my ears guiding me to great segues all done originally transferred from cassette to cassette, ALL pre digital days. Then, yes, several years later i did make a cd version straight from the mix cassette. I love it AND I THINK YOU WILL TOO. A VERY BIG thanks to larryrulz production help so that i can now share it at YouTube for you all. And two of three necessary photo credits here. Original photos from the 2 shows he attended August 4th and 7th by brotherapostle and a few others borrowed from the wiki were taken by my old friend and other great clicker, Tony S. My big apologies about old man ba not quite recalliing the name of cd artwork assist pal...i think it is COLIN. I appreciate you despite my forgetfullness. Ain't it funny how the cd cover features Marc Ribot when he played on all of three minutes of the five night stay? Please enjoy!!

https://youtu.be/spvYuM5MILY
Last edited by bronxapostle on Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
fred darden

Re: Living Artists at work EC & ATTRACTIONS AUGUST 1995 NYC compilation

Post by fred darden »

Thanks ba, nice stuff. Can't believe it was 25 years ago. Well, almost. :shock:
emotional_fascism076

Re: Living Artists at work EC & ATTRACTIONS!!! AUGUST 1995 NYC compilation

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

Very nice. Great sound on this. Thank you for sharing it.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

emotional_fascism076 wrote:Very nice. Great sound on this. Thank you for sharing it.
Thank you ef.... it's the gracious gratitude of friends like you that make all the effort worth it. It does sound remarkably nice i think as it went from one cassette to a second and then to cd. I bet EC production team could tweak this to official release status if i surrender my original Maxwells for them to work their magic. Minor edits where i erred can be amended, otherwise i like it just this way. I still wonder why i included VANISH as it was a year old.... but it surely works where it sits here. Thanks again friend. Glad that some seem to have enjoyed it.
jmm

Post by jmm »

Great stuff ba! Thanks
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Thanks for your great work!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I loved all these tapes which i must have got from Dave Fave Hour at the time and enjoyed the compilations that you made later on- I was so envious of you, BA and also so delighted with the capture of this real "working band" in such clarity and high fidelity. Coincidentally, I was on holiday in Orlando for the first time ever in the U.S. at the time and I thought I might drive up one evening for one of the shows - naively thinking America was just like England in size and it would only take a couple of hours in my hire car ! :oops:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:I loved all these tapes which i must have got from Dave Fave Hour at the time and enjoyed the compilations that you made later on- I was so envious of you, BA and also so delighted with the capture of this real "working band" in such clarity and high fidelity. Coincidentally, I was on holiday in Orlando for the first time ever in the U.S. at the time and I thought I might drive up one evening for one of the shows - naively thinking America was just like England in size and it would only take a couple of hours in my hire car ! :oops:
Too kind Sulky.... love your tale of thinking you could drive 1300 miles in an afternoon. LOL i imagine there was another taper in 1995. As 25 years later i am certain of nothing...but i don't think my five shows/versions circulated. The only person i would send them to back then was a great old trader friend in Sheffield....and NOT tracked professionally. Must try to sort this one out. I'm so confused. :lol: much more importantly, please enjoy as many shows as you can these coming weeks.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Thanks, BA - doing the lot !!!
Mrs. Sulky was somewhat dismayed when I presented my 12 day itinerary to her :shock:
I genuinely can't remember who I got the Beacon shows from but it was most likely either Dave or Tony S. . Certainly when the compilation was compiled I thought they sounded identical to the individual shows but it was a while back - nonetheless a wonderful momento of a time when it looked like The Attractions were going to be around for a very long time !
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

SULKY!!! I'M counting 13 shows in 20 days. ARE YOU GOING TO ALL OF THEM??? good for you AND US TOO wink wink. I don't know if i could stand 13 OF MY OWN BAND in 20 nights. :) :D :D
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote:
I genuinely can't remember who I got the Beacon shows from but it was most likely either Dave or Tony S.
And neither can I, although it may have been from Sulky :oops:

Those were epic recordings BA, thanks very much for 'spreading the word'.

Best wishes

Colin
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

bronxapostle wrote:SULKY!!! I'M counting 13 shows in 20 days. ARE YOU GOING TO ALL OF THEM??? good for you AND US TOO wink wink. I don't know if i could stand 13 OF MY OWN BAND in 20 nights. :) :D :D
All true - about three shows seen travelling from home and back and the rest going the length of the U.K though not so much breadth assuming the north of England isn't completely washed away. Fortunately Cocktail Murderess and Spirit Of Curiosity are obliging me by hanging my smalls out at regular intervals ( allegedly !) I'm not sure if Elvis will ever tour to this extent again, given it's 7 years since the last big band tour with the Spinning Songbook and I retire officially on Thursday ( just in time!) so the kind people of the government and especially the NHS are giving me the time and pension to indulge myself !
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Enjoy retirement brother sulky.... JUST THE WAY I AM PLANNING IF GOD BLESSES ME. Would hopefully see some of America that i have never seen and catch 4 or 5 Elvis shows too. Please enjoy every one that you can.