Steve Nieve - The Immobile Tour BackStage

Pretty self-explanatory
MOJO

Re: Steve Nieve - The Daily Improvisation

Post by MOJO »

The ultimate daily improvisation - the Special 420 Edition - with the technical difficulties and EC’s double glasses situation. “People tell me this isn’t really a good look.” Classic! Has a hint of The Tap. It sounds great once they get going. These have been great listening. Offers a bit of relaxation when you read/see/hear what’s going on outside. Stay safe y’all.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Looking forward to tomorrow....certainly seemed as if Ajuq and Muriel were looking to disclose more info about the sale of a commemorative poster!!! It was as if Elvis, who was on a roll, wanting to.perform another song, sidetracked the announcing of it. Ajuq assured me more details are indeed coming real soon. Funny, it was almost as if i could see Elvis raising that index finger of his when he is on stage, inquiring if we want one more song!!! :lol: :lol:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Will Elvis join Steve, Muriel and Ajuq again this sunday?

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Squeeze Sunday. Cool. I hope to catch it live. I’m out of sync with time zones right now. Mountain? Pacific? I’ll put the few brain cells I have to figure it out.
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

gmt 1800 =1400 in new or 2pm
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

new york, sorry
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Day 34: https://www.facebook.com/stevenieveoffi ... 944981598/
Daily Improvisation Special Squeeze with E.C.
Can you believe it?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sweetest punch wrote:Day 34: https://www.facebook.com/stevenieveoffi ... 944981598/
Daily Improvisation Special Squeeze with E.C.
Can you believe it?
Someone Else's Heart and
Messed Around.

Just AMAZING!!

AND Chris was simply PERFECT too.
Last edited by bronxapostle on Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

These live streams are a total hoot. So nice to offer this to fans. A real gift. Difford was awesome. EC and Steve were amazing.
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

EC mentioned doing an online appearance/performance "mid-week." Anyone know what/when this is?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Tune in and find out!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
DeathWearsABigHat

Post by DeathWearsABigHat »

Steve's broadcasts are the highlight of my day.
But I missed the Towns and Cities special so I only caught up with that one today. What a treat! The performance of "London's Brilliant Parade" was a particular highlight and the lyrics of that "Town Called Riddle" song were great too.

Is anyone keeping a list of all the songs Steve is playing?
"trust the wizards, here we go" http://www.trustthewizards.com
krm

Post by krm »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Again.... thank you for these daily links here sp. Surely makes it easy for a guy like me. :D :D
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

A brief blog post by "Trust The Wizards" from 30 March 2020:

"Self-isolation with Steve Nieve

One month ago I went to see Elvis Costello & The Imposters at the Liverpool Olympia. This was the 29th time I’ve seen Elvis and at some point I’ll write a proper review of the show to go with my various articles posted previously on this site.

It’s been a while since I’ve been to a standing Elvis Costello gig and having got there early I was able to get a standing spot right on the barrier. I chose to stand on Steve Nieve’s side of the stage so I could watch the maestro at work.

A lot has happened in the month since that night! For millions of people, the world is not really the same now as we thought it was then. This virus has forced change on people in ways we didn’t imagine were possible just a month ago and we are living in difficult times with unprecedented use of the word unprecedented.

But since this whole thing started I’ve been getting my daily respite from the distressing events by spending time every day with the very same Steve Nieve. He’s been doing a live broadcast on his Facebook channel every day and I strongly recommend you start tuning in.

Each day he’s joined by his wife Muriel and their son Ajuq. They play all kinds of things. Versions of Elvis Costello songs both well-known and obscure, Steve’s own compositions, covers of Beatles Bowie Elton Abba Squeeze etc. Ajuq is an excellent singer and drummer. Muriel sings too when they can persuade her. She did a breathtaking version of Indoor Fireworks a few days ago. Last week Steve asked people to send him 5 notes and then he improvised pieces based around those. The man’s improvisational and interpretative skills are just incredible.

We’re all going to be stuck at home for a while so it’s important to have some things to look forward to. These broadcasts are a highlight of my day so why not make it a highlight of yours too.

You can watch live at 6pm each day at Steve’s Facebook page. You can also find videos of all previous shows there.

You can also watch live on Ajuq’s Instagram.

While you’re here, have a read of this interview I did with Steve a few years ago."

Keep watching Steve and AJUQ, and look out for Steve's new album Fujirama - when things start to return to "normal".

MOOT
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

bronxapostle wrote:Again.... thank you for these daily links here sp. Surely makes it easy for a guy like me. :D :D
Here is Day 37: https://www.facebook.com/stevenieveoffi ... 730564406/
:)
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Tomorrow a special with EC with songs about numbers.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

sweetest punch wrote:Tomorrow a special with EC with songs about numbers.
Can we start a GoFundMe page to buy EC a good microphone and camera?