Elvis on Live With Carnegie Hall, rescheduled to June 11, 2020

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis on Live With Carnegie Hall, rescheduled to June 11, 2020

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/L ... e-20200520

LIVE WITH CARNEGIE HALL Continues in May and June With Yo-Yo Ma, Gautier Capuçon & More

Carnegie Hall continues its new online series Live with Carnegie Hall this Thursday, May 21 at 2PM EDT with an episode paying tribute to the late American cellist Lynn Harrell. Harrell's half-century career placed him in the highest echelon of performing artists and a roster of acclaimed cellists including Gautier Capuçon, Evelyn De Silva-Maisky, Amanda Forsyth, Zlatomir Fung, Alban Gerhardt, Sheku Kanneh-Mason, Yo-Yo Ma, Mischa Maisky, Johannes Moser, Daniel Müller-Schott, Christian Poltéra, Jan Vogler, and Alisa Weilerstein come together to celebrate his life. The program will include performances of Klengel's Hymnus and the Preludio from Villa-Lobos's Bachianas brasileiras No. 1. Carnegie Hall thanks Jan Vogler for his help in producing this tribute.

Live with Carnegie Hall continues on Tuesday, May 26 at 2PM EDT with Musical Explorers, a program created by Carnegie Hall's Weill Music Institute for elementary school students and families, inviting them to learn songs from around the world, building a deeper understanding of different cultures while developing basic singing and listening skills. This episode will feature a full digital concert experience filmed live at Carnegie Hall exploring Colombian cumbia, Armenian folk music, and hip hop. This show also introduces Learn with Carnegie Hall, a new ongoing strand of online programming highlighting Carnegie Hall's wide range of music education and social impact activities.

Cellist Alisa Weilerstein hosts Live with Carnegie Hall on Thursday, May 28 at 2PM EDT in an episode centered on her musical journey with Bach's six unaccompanied cello suites with conversation moderated by John Schaefer.

Live with Carnegie Hall returns on Tuesday, June 2 at 2PM EDT when singer-songwriter Rosanne Cash curates an episode on focused on American protest music, past and present, and its ability to bring people together in times of crisis. Cash will be joined by special musical guests including Ry Cooder and Elvis Costello with discussion moderated by John Schaefer.

Leading interpreter of the American Songbook Michael Feinstein returns to Live with Carnegie Hall on Thursday, June 4 at 2PM EDT, hosting a program dedicated to the music of Irving Berlin.

These new original online programs are designed to connect world-class artists with music lovers everywhere, featuring musical performances, storytelling, and conversations that offer deeper insights into great music and behind-the-scenes personal perspectives. Live with Carnegie Hall launched in April and has included episodes hosted by Emanuel Ax, Joshua Bell, Tituss Burgess, Renée Fleming, Angélique Kidjo, and Ute Lemper. The series is streamed on Carnegie Hall's social media channels via Facebook Live and Instagram Live. A schedule of upcoming episodes as well as archived programs that are available for on-demand viewing can be found on carnegiehall.org/live.
Last edited by sweetest punch on Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis on Live With Carnegie Hall, June 2, 2020

Post by sweetest punch »

https://stream.elviscostello.com

Jun 02 2020

Live with Carnegie Hall: Rosanne Cash Presents : Songs of Protest and Memory. With a focus on protest music—past and present—and its ability to bring people together in times of crisis, Cash and her notable guests explore the importance of music as part of our shared cultural history. Ft: Elvis Costello, Ry Cooder, Brandi Carlile and Paul Janeway
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Geez they picked a timely week to revisit protest songs...God watch over us all.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

This looks fantastic - I hope someone is able to 'preserve' for continued enjoyment....
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis on Live With Carnegie Hall, rescheduled to June 11, 2020

Post by sweetest punch »

This event starts in a few hours.
jmm

Post by jmm »

Big stars have tumbled indeeed!!! Have we heard that as the final song to face in the crowd yet??
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... ve_Tumbled

Big Stars Have Tumbled (unreleased song)
Written by Elvis Costello
Performed by Elvis Costello

Background:
 Written for the musical A Face In The Crowd.
First known performance:
 June 4, 2016, Zaragoza, Spain
Last known performance:
 October 14, 2016, Houston, TX
     (2 known performances)
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Link: https://www.facebook.com/carnegiehall/v ... 6580997575
Elvis sings ‘Big Stars Have Tumbled’ at 21:20.
Rosanne talks about the song at 18:35.
Last edited by sweetest punch on Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

I thought this was great. Full setlist (I think):-

Rosanne Cash/John Leventhall - License to Kill
Lizz Wright - Blessed the Brave
EC - Big Stars Have Tumbled
Nina Simmone - Revolution
Ry Cooder - Can You be Human?
Mark Cohn - As Long as I Can See the Light
Gary Clarke Jnr /Brandi Carlisle/ John Leventhall - Change is Gonna Come
Rosanne Cash / John Paul White - We're All in This Together Now
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

Anyone know how to get the Elvis section on YouTube like they have for preservation hall?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Big Stars Have Tumbled: https://youtu.be/q_bilwCUftA
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

Thanks for this, what a great community this is here.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

fred darden wrote:Thanks for this, what a great community this is here.
And it lets people like me on :shock: :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
fred darden wrote:Thanks for this, what a great community this is here.
And it lets people like me on :shock: :lol:

We're generous AND compassionate :wink:
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

And sexy :)