This Year's Model Survivor (Round 9)

Pretty self-explanatory
kosi559

This Year's Model Survivor (Round 9)

Post by kosi559 »

https://strawpoll.com/9rh83zyy
Vote for your least favorite song
Lip Service is out

The reason I have been crossposting these polls is to increase the turnout which will make the Survivor more interesting and because, contrary to what many of you believe, the people on the Elvis Costello subreddit (forum on Reddit dedicated to one topic) are true Costello fans. General members of Reddit do not view these polls. I hope you understand and that you don't quit because of that. Sorry for not letting you know from the beginning.
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
Neil.

Re: This Year's Model Survivor (Round 9)

Post by Neil. »

No worries - thank you, it's fun.

Just to let you know I have been voting 'Lip Service' out from DAY ONE! At last it's gone. It's a fun song and I love the ringing acoustic guitar and hand claps, but the chorus is quite a simple one for Elvis.
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

Sad to see that there was a noticeable decrease in the number of votes cast as Strawpoll doesn't allow multiple votes to be cast. :(
kosi559

Post by kosi559 »

Harry Worth wrote:Sad to see that there was a noticeable decrease in the number of votes cast as Strawpoll doesn't allow multiple votes to be cast. :(
You haven't been putting in multiple votes have you?
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

No, that's not my style! For me this is an interesting bit of fun that has caused me to listen to each LP several times with different ears as the contest develops.

But judging from the results you posted on the reddit page, my suspicions are raised that, unfortunately others might not have :cry:

Rank Song Votes Percentage
13th Night Rally 23/69 33.3%
12th Living in Paradise 15/59 25.4%
11th You Belong to Me 43/103 41.7%
10th Lipstick Vogue 18/78 23.1%
10th Little Triggers 18/78 23.1%
8th Hand in Hand 19/77 24.7%
7th Radio, Radio 31/86 36.0%
6th (I Don't Want to) Chelsea 44/112 39.3%
5th Lip Service 24/64 37.5%
4th The Beat 14/37 37.8%

Maybe it's another vote the Russians/Chinese/North Koreans are interfering with!
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

The votes for You Belong to Me and Chelsea stick out like a sore thumb. 40 odd extra votes all for them. Multiple votes by one person pissing about.

Needs outside arbitration!! Reinstate those two!
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
krm

Post by krm »

kosi559 wrote: ...the people on the Elvis Costello subreddit (forum on Reddit dedicated to one topic) are true Costello fans.
Is there really a classification between true, not-so-true, and false Costello fans?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

krm wrote:
kosi559 wrote: ...the people on the Elvis Costello subreddit (forum on Reddit dedicated to one topic) are true Costello fans.
Is there really a classification between true, not-so-true, and false Costello fans?
False fans :

Oxford English Dictionary definition:

Anyone who hasn't gone to a LGBT bar in Edinburgh after an Elvis Costello concert :shock: :wink:
krm

Post by krm »

sulky lad wrote:
krm wrote:
False fans :

Oxford English Dictionary definition:

Anyone who hasn't gone to a LGBT bar in Edinburgh after an Elvis Costello concert :shock: :wink:
I manage to qualify as a not-false fan then! :-) The question remains though if a not-false equals a true in terms of ISO certified Costello fan.