Brutal Youth limited edition 2LP gatefold red vinyl

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Brutal Youth limited edition 2LP gatefold red vinyl

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news ... d-vinyl/[b]

Elvis Costello / Brutal Youth limited edition 2LP gatefold red vinyl[/b]

2LP red vinyl • 1000 only • Gatefold • Numbered

Elvis Costello‘s wonderful Brutal Youth album from 1994, which featured the full Attractions line up on a number of songs, will be reissued as a limited edition 2LP red vinyl set in July.

The album was produced by Mitchell Froom and was well received, reaching number two in the UK album charts, thanks in part to excellent word-of-mouth and a top thirty hit in Sulky Girl.

The record mostly features Costello with Steve Nieve, Pete Thomas and Nick Lowe (on bass), but original Attractions member Bruce Thomas does play the bass on five tracks.

Although a relatively long record at 15 songs, this album is a real cracker with some wonderful material, including moving ballads like ‘All The Rage’, ‘Favourite Hour’ and ‘Still Too Soon To Know’ and fiercer, spiky numbers like ‘Just About Glad’, ‘20% Amnesia’ and ‘My Science Fiction Twin’.

I saw Costello on this tour at the Royal Albert Hall and it was superb.

Anyway, Brutal Youth is issued as this double coloured vinyl pressing via Music On Vinyl on 31 July 2020. It’s limited to just 1000 units with only 300 earmarked for the UK. Get your order in via the SDE shop using this link or the button below.

https://www.thesdeshop.com/collections/ ... -red-vinyl
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sulky lad

Re: Brutal Youth limited edition 2LP gatefold red vinyl

Post by sulky lad »

Ordered -
I'm a mug for coloured vinyl (cos my eyesight is so bad !!) :lol: :wink:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

I've ordered too. This is very welcome as I've been playing the BY Rhino on CD recently and been investigating whether I could find an affordable version of the 2013 vinyl edition. I couldn't!
Mr. Getgood

Post by Mr. Getgood »

It’s odd that the write up highlights 20% Amnesia and My Science Fiction Twin. Brutal Youth is one of my favourite albums but it contains stronger (and spikier) tunes than those two. (Subjective opinion of course.)
I love you just as much as I hate your guts.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I've just had a brainwave ( :shock: ) for the next release
"North" on 180g vinyl with one side white and the other black.

Cunning and stunning, eh? If Elvis needs someone to come around and tell Eamon Singer to throw away his Rowney crayons and give him advice, I guess I'm the artistic guru he's been missing since Barney Bubbles left this earth ! :wink:
And I could have a sift through all the live recordings he's got in store as well !
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Top balcony wrote:I've ordered too. This is very welcome as I've been playing the BY Rhino on CD recently and been investigating whether I could find an affordable version of the 2013 vinyl edition. I couldn't!
well then...glad i got the 2013 version quickly. how much does it go for now???
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

bronxapostle wrote:
Top balcony wrote:... investigating whether I could find an affordable version of the 2013 vinyl edition. I couldn't!
well then...glad i got the 2013 version quickly. how much does it go for now???
Sorry - no idea, I couldn't find any on sale (affordable or not)!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Sorry Colin.....i hate when i dawdle and then the vinyl is going for $90-$200!! :cry:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

No worries, as there seems to be a dearth of 2013 vinyl vintage on the market, you could assume that you're sitting on a goldmine. Of course this release could even could add extra value as this episode of red draws attention to those pesky hard to get black ones $$$$$$$$
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The black vinyl is available to pre-order: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brutal-Youth-G ... sic&sr=1-1
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

sweetest punch wrote:Although a relatively long record at 15 songs, this album is a real cracker..
And that's how you know the person writing the description doesn't really get it. See, what he meant was 'because this is a relatively long record at 15 songs...' :D
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sweetest punch wrote:The black vinyl is available to pre-order: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brutal-Youth-G ... sic&sr=1-1
Feck me, now wish I'd held my nerve and waited for the blue version.....
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

I bought the red vinyl version from Amazon only to receive an email Tuesday saying they were finding it difficult to obtain. Maybe I will end up with the normal version.

When the album was originally released I was looking after my eldest daughter and she was about 8 at the time. She was up early i wasnt too happy to be up that early on a sunday. But there was a silver lining Virgin Radio were running a competetion to win a copy of Brutal Youth and I won it.
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:I bought the red vinyl version from Amazon only to receive an email Tuesday saying they were finding it difficult to obtain. Maybe I will end up with the normal version.

When the album was originally released I was looking after my eldest daughter and she was about 8 at the time. She was up early i wasnt too happy to be up that early on a sunday. But there was a silver lining Virgin Radio were running a competetion to win a copy of Brutal Youth and I won it.
You've always had a lucky face ! :wink:
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Goon Squad wrote:
sheeptotheslaughter wrote:I bought the red vinyl version from Amazon only to receive an email Tuesday saying they were finding it difficult to obtain. Maybe I will end up with the normal version.

You've always had a lucky face ! :wink:
Didn't John Lennon say something like that in an early acceptance speech ?
i won 2 tickets for the Roundhouse from Mean Fiddler in 1996 and sold my ticket to a punter and bought a "Certain as a lost dog" tee shirt with the proceeds. I wore it out in about 4 years -and I've never saw another shirt like it since !