Elvis takes part in virtual benefit concert ‘Meditate America’, December 3, 2020

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis takes part in virtual benefit concert ‘Meditate America’, December 3, 2020

Post by sweetest punch »

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-new ... -bene.html

Graham Nash, Sting, Elvis Costello taking part in virtual benefit concert, Meditate America

Graham Nash, Sting and Elvis Costello will be performing during a live virtual benefit concert on December 3 celebrating the launch of a new Transcendental Meditation initiative called Meditate America.

The benefit is being put on The David Lynch Foundation, which Twin Peaks director David Lynch established to promote the healthful benefits of meditating. The virtual event is designed to raise money to bring free Transcendental Meditation training to adults and kids, including healthcare workers on the COVID-19 front lines, veterans with PTSD and depression, and families at risk.

During the fundraiser, Nash will sing his classic Crosby, Stills & Nash ballad "Our House," Sting will duet with acclaimed Beninese artist Angélique Kidjo on a version of The Police's "One World (Not Three)", and Costello will sing "What's So Funny About Peace Love and Understanding."

The Meditate America event also will feature pop superstar Katy Perry being interviewed by actor Hugh Jackman about her meditation practice and motherhood, and Kesha performing a cover of Bob Dylan's "I Shall Be Released."

The event is co-hosted by ABC's George Stephanopoulos and Robin Roberts, and ABC Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton.

You can request free tickets to view the show at MeditateAmerica.org.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis takes part in virtual benefit concert ‘Meditate America’, December 3, 2020

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.google.be/amp/s/pitchfork.c ... -more/amp/

David Lynch Announces Benefit Concert With Elvis Costello, Angélique Kidjo, More

The virtual “Meditate America” event will also feature Graham Nash, Katy Perry, Jim James, and Kesha, among others

The David Lynch Foundation has announced a virtual benefit concert titled “Meditate America.” The event takes place December 3 at 7 p.m. Eastern, and features performances by Elvis Costello, Angélique Kidjo, Graham Nash, Jim James, Sting, and Kesha, among others. Additionally, actor Hugh Jackman will interview Katy Perry about motherhood and meditation.

“Meditate America” is a free event that will raise support to bring free Transcendental Meditation (TM) training to adults and children in need, including healthcare workers, veterans battling PTSD and depression, and families living in at-risk communities. You can register for tickets here. The event will be hosted by George Stephanopoulos, Robin Roberts, and ABC Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis takes part in virtual benefit concert ‘Meditate America’, December 3, 2020

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Preview: Elvis and Larkin Poe will sing PLU: https://youtu.be/bv4EeeIlF2I
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Interesting "big band" version! I was expecting a trio performance.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

And No Coffee Table wrote:Interesting "big band" version! I was expecting a trio performance.
It was excellent. Rob Mathes (the musical director) is great with these sorts of big band arrangements.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

PLU: https://youtu.be/io_T_HfZM7M
Fantastic version, especially like the ‘gospelsingers’!!
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Thanks so much for posting this link - wonderful. Also misty eyed to see Elvis's fiddling with his earpiece - harks back to the 'good old days' of live gigs.
John

Post by John »

Wow, Fantastic!
krm

Post by krm »

Wow! Amazing. The girls stole his solo as well! I want more!!!!!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Top balcony wrote:Thanks so much for posting this link - wonderful. Also misty eyed to see Elvis's fiddling with his earpiece - harks back to the 'good old days' of live gigs.
:lol:

I thought that as well!

I loved this.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Top balcony wrote:Thanks so much for posting this link - wonderful. Also misty eyed to see Elvis's fiddling with his earpiece - harks back to the 'good old days' of live gigs.
Damn, the whole thing had me misty-eyed. Nearly didn't even click the link, thinking 'another charity gig, (yet) another version of PLU...'

How wrong I was. That was incredible. I mean, I know it's become his signature encore and we've all heard a hundred different versions of it, but...yeah.

Boy, that was something. Wasn't it though?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Hawks moor - I feel the same. I’ve see Elvis and Larkin Poe do the song many many times and thought this would be the same. Maybe if it had been billed as a unique performance it would have generated more interest.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Standstobeinsulted

Post by Standstobeinsulted »

Wow! Wouldn't have thought it would be possible to deliver a surprise like this via PLU. Shows what a great collaborator Elvis is as he seems not to be in overall charge of this
Standstobeinsulted

Post by Standstobeinsulted »

Wow! Wouldn't have thought it would be possible to deliver a surprise like this via PLU. Shows what a great collaborator Elvis is as he seems not to be in overall charge of this
Harry Lime

Post by Harry Lime »

Really great version, and not what I expected. Although for something called "Meditate America," there sure were a lot of cuts in that video. I think the editor needs to meditate for a few minutes. :D
Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Standstobeinsulted wrote:Wow! Wouldn't have thought it would be possible to deliver a surprise like this via PLU. Shows what a great collaborator Elvis is as he seems not to be in overall charge of this
See Doc's post earlier...
docinwestchester wrote:It was excellent. Rob Mathes (the musical director) is great with these sorts of big band arrangements.
And I totally agree - the arrangement was absolutely cracking, EC probably didn't have much of a hand in that but I guess they'd had quite a bit of online rehearsal. Everyone would need to know when each of the Lovells was going to do their solo, and how EC's new bit of vocal would fit on to that, and so on. So absolute hats off to Rob Mathes.

What really impressed me was that it didn't sound like it had been put together over the internet from loads of different places. Play the audio without the video and you'd swear that had been recorded with everybody together in the studio. Which bodes well for the stuff that EC hinted he's been working on with the Imposters?
jmm

Post by jmm »

I tweeted the YouTube video and amongst the likes was one from ECs own account

Nice that others are enjoying too!!
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

jmm wrote:I tweeted the YouTube video and amongst the likes was one from ECs own account

Nice that others are enjoying too!!

jmm!!! searching my memory bank...do we follow each other at twitter?? you know my user name there LOL what is yours if i have forgotten please? thanks, ba . best at the holidays to the family xo
jmm

Post by jmm »

Done ba

I’m new to it.

Thanks for the YouTube doc (as always!)
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

jmm wrote:Thanks for the YouTube doc (as always!)
Nice to see it's been officially sanctioned.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

docinwestchester wrote:
jmm wrote:Thanks for the YouTube doc (as always!)
Nice to see it's been officially sanctioned.
Yeah, good to see recognition of this majestic performance - and not have you hounded by legal threats! :wink: