Elvis on The Happiness Map, BBC Radio 6, Februari 7, 2021

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis on The Happiness Map, BBC Radio 6, Februari 7, 2021

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000s29y

Travel journalist Rob Crossan welcomes Elvis Costello to share stories and music from his favourite place to travel, New Orleans.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis on The Happiness Map, BBC Radio 6, Februari 7, 2021

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000s2 ... gggCOFluJ0

Travel journalist Rob Crossan welcomes Elvis Costello to share stories and music from his favourite place to travel, New Orleans. The Happiness Map asks musicians which destination in the world they would go to if they could, gives them a chance to reveal their travel tips, and dig out some records that take them back there.

In this first episode, Elvis recalls his love affair with The Big Easy; from first playing there with the Attractions in the 70s, returning to the city after Hurricane Katrina, and his longstanding relationship with producer, songwriter and New Orleans legend, Allen Toussaint. With music from Louis Armstrong, Dr John, Earl King, and two never-before-heard Elvis Costello recordings from his own archive.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

What were the 2 never heard before recordings?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
krm

Post by krm »

verbal gymnastics wrote:What were the 2 never heard before recordings?
we are curious! .....
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The Monkey: Rehearsel recording with Dirty Dozen Brass Band and Dave Bartholomew (from this gig: http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... 0_New_York ?)
The greatest Love: EC with AT on piano
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I’ve just listened to the interview and The Monkey is fantastic!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

A well put together show, lots of interesting information.

The second track , Elvis and Allen Toussaint doing The Greatest Love. That was a extra track on the Japanese cd edition of RIR. The version in this radio show is just Elvis on vocals & Allen on piano and perhaps some vocals. Listening to it back to back with the version on the cd - which has percussion, bass etc.- I think it may be the duo version with overdubs.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

johnfoyle wrote:A well put together show, lots of interesting information.

The second track , Elvis and Allen Toussaint doing The Greatest Love. That was a extra track on the Japanese cd edition of RIR. The version in this radio show is just Elvis on vocals & Allen on piano and perhaps some vocals. Listening to it back to back with the version on the cd - which has percussion, bass etc.- I think it may be the duo version with overdubs.

I think it's the version done for the Treme TV show, and released as a video on iTunes a while back.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

FAVEHOUR wrote:
johnfoyle wrote:

I think it's the version done for the Treme TV show, and released as a video on iTunes a while back.
Was it not this version, recorded for Treme as FAVEHOUR suggests?

Vimeopro.com

I was at Elvis' solo "Detour" show in Madrid, Spain in June 2016. It was his first show in Madrid since Allen Toussaint died in the city in November 2015. Elvis had the big TV set on stage. He played a lot of songs from The River In Reverse, and at the end of the show, after he walked off stage, they showed that video of The Greatest Love on the screen on the TV. As I recall, no one left their seat until it had finished playing.

MOOT