Fito Páez - "El amor después del amor" possible EC vocal(s)

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Fito Páez - "El amor después del amor" possible EC vocal(s)

Post by Man out of Time »

This recent interview with Argentine Singer/Songwriter Fito Páez appeared in a Puerto Rican daily newspaper - El Nuevo Dia (The New Day).

As Fito has a track on Spanish Model, I was expecting to see that mentioned. Instead, what I found was reference to three albums that Fito has in the pipeline including one (recorded in Los Angeles, CA) called "Los años salvajes" (The Savage Years). He mentions that Elvis sings on it. This would make sense, as a quid pro quo, for Fito appearing on Spanish Model. Some previous forum threads (from EC's shows in Buenos Aires) suggest that Fito was a fan of EC. Anyway, one more album for completists to look out for, when it is released...

Here is the relevant paragraph of the interview which is credited to the Associated Press :

"AP: Sé que has tenido un año muy ocupado. ¿Qué nos puedes adelantar de la música que creaste en cuarentena?

Páez: Mientras (escribía mi autobiografía)... iba componiendo tres álbumes: uno sinfónico inspirada en la obra de Roberto Arlt (1900-1942), un gran escritor argentino, modernista y muy salvaje, con una impronta muy fuerte y que siempre fue una fuente de inspiración. Por primera escribí para un montón de músicos y después mi amigo Ezequiel Silverstein, el director de la Filarmónica del (Teatro) Colón en Buenos Aires, transcribió todo a partitura. Ese álbum se llama “Futurología Arlt”, una pieza de una hora. Después compuse “Los años salvajes”, el álbum que grabé también aquí en Los Ángeles con banda, en vivo, en tres jornadas. Hoy canta Elvis (Costello), falta Charly (García) y Fabi Cantilo y lo tenemos terminado. Y mientras tanto también fui haciendo un álbum para piano y voz que lo voy a hacer en Miami ahora."

Or in English -

AP: I know you've had a very busy year. What can you tell us about the music you created in quarantine?

Páez: While (I was writing my autobiography) ... I was composing three albums: a symphonic one inspired by the work of Roberto Arlt (1900-1942), a great Argentine writer, modernist and very wild, with a very strong imprint and who was always a source inspiration. For the first time I wrote for a lot of musicians and later my friend Ezequiel Silverstein, the director of the Colón (Theater) Philharmonic in Buenos Aires, transcribed everything to score. That album is called "Futurology Arlt", a one hour piece. Then I wrote “Los años savages”, the album that I also recorded here in Los Angeles with a band, live, in three days. Today Elvis (Costello) sings, Charly (García) and Fabi Cantilo are missing and we have it finished. And in the meantime I was also making an album for piano and voice that I am going to do in Miami now."

Incidentally this is the first time I can find Elvis mentioned in the Puerto Rican press!

MOOT
Last edited by Man out of Time on Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man out of Time

Re: Fito Páez - "Los años salvajes" features EC vocal(s)

An article in La Capital, published on October 15, 2021, reports that this album will be released in November.

"El músico rosarino Fito Páez presenta "Vamos a lograrlo", el primer adelanto de su nuevo álbum, "Los años salvajes". Este disco, próximo a salir en noviembre, forma parte de una inmensa obra compuesta por tres álbumes diferentes." Extract

or in "English",

"Rosario musician Fito Páez presents "We are going to achieve it", the first preview of his new album, "Wild Years". This album, due out in November, is part of an immense work made up of three different albums."

MOOT
Man out of Time

The album Los años salvajes by Argentine singer, composer and director Fito Páez was released today. Elvis and Fito duet on the song "Beer Blues" in Spanish and English.

Listen here:

MOOT
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Boy, this is good. This is really good. :D
taramasalata

Post by taramasalata »

Hawksmoor wrote:Boy, this is good. This is really good. :D
A truely excellent collaboration and song, they harmonize perfectly each other.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://today.in-24.com/entertainment/m ... 078.html[b]

Fito Páez presents his new album: “Los años Salvajes”[/b]

The Wild Years” is the opening album of this new trilogy by Fito Paez. It includes 10 songs, recorded with top-level musicians at Igloo Music studios (Burbank, California), EastWest Studios (Hollywood, California) and El Mostro de la Laguna (Lobos, Province of Buenos Aires). It was produced by Paez, Diego Olivero and Gustavo Borner.

In mid-February 2022, the second album that integrates this comprehensive work will be released. It is totally instrumental and was recorded by Fito together with the Czech National Symphony Orchestra. The third album also includes unreleased songs, but recorded by Fito alone, with his piano.

“The Wild Years” in the artist’s words:

“The Wild Years” is an album that I composed almost entirely during the pandemic. In that strange and so delirious period of the life of everyone around the world. In other words, it has the pulse and the breath of those moments.

I rescued some old pieces like “Beer Blues” song that we ended up writing with Elvis Costello. He wrote and recorded his part in Vancouver. Then we listened to the song together through a Zoom, with me in Los Angeles and he in Canada. It is the story of two friends who meet in a bar in London and then travel to Rosario. They sit down for drinks and write about their personal stories and common views.
I also found “Shut up”, from the not too distant past. The album was very good for the energy and the text of that song, for this vintage album.

The album title makes no nostalgic allusion to wild years gone by. More than anything, it focuses on the present. There is a song dedicated to Fabi Cantilo, which talks about how we find ourselves in life “Close Encounters”. Another powerful one is “Lili and Drake”, which is a love story of people who are in search of their identity. “The music of the dreams of your youth” I composed two weeks before starting the recording in Los Angeles and I think it is one of the strawberries of “The Wild Years.”

This, too, is an urgent album. It was recorded live in just three long and intense days. There are ten songs and an exceptional band: Luis Conte on percussion, Abraham Laboriel Junior on drums, Guille Vadalá on bass, Michael Landau on electric guitar, Diego Olivero on keyboards, Juani Agüero on electric guitar, and myself on keyboards and vocals. It all happened at East West Studios and Igloo Studios, in the city of Los Angeles. I co-produced it with Gustavo Borner and Diego Olivero.

It’s forty minutes of pure adrenaline. I hope you enjoy it as we do. Welcome to “The Wild Years!”

Once again, Fito Páez flies high and shines from the hand of his songs.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Man out of Time

Re: Fito Páez - "El amor después del amor" possible EC vocal(s)

On 30 August, Argentine newspaper Página/12 published a report on Fito Páez appearing with Elvis and The Imposters at their show in Thousand Oaks, CA. The article went on to say:

"En el marco de los 30 años del lanzamiento su disco más embleámtico, Páez había anticipado que este mes comenzaría a grabar una nueva edición de "El amor después del amor", estrenado un 1 de junio de 1992, con artistas invitados y versiones "muy diferentes" a las conocidas.

Si bien había asegurado que buscaba incorporar al proyecto referencias de la actual escena urbana como Bizarrap, Dillom, Nathy Peluso y Ca7riel, también había dicho que tenía ganas de llamar a figuras internacionales como Elvis Costello, Caetano (Veloso), Chico (Buarque), Rubén Rada y David Byrne."

Or in English (via Google Translate) :

"To mark the 30th anniversary of the release of his most emblematic album, Páez had anticipated that this month he would begin recording a new edition of "El amor tras el amor", which premiered on June 1, 1992, with guest artists and versions "very different" from the known ones.

Although he has assured that he is looking to incorporate into the project references from the current urban scene such as Bizarrap, Dillom, Nathy Peluso and Ca7riel, he had also said that he wanted to call international figures such as Elvis Costello, Caetano (Veloso), Chico (Buarque), Ruben Rada and David Byrne."

Watch this space!

MOOT
Man out of Time

Re: Fito - "El amor después del amor" possible EC vocal(s)

Fito Páez has written and published an autobiography covering the first chapter of his life, up to 1993.

Infancia y Juventud runs to 400 pages. Elvis did not play a show in Argentina until 2005, so it seems unlikely that he will feature in this volume of the autobiography - perhaps the second volume?
Infancia y Juventud - Fito Páez (2022)
Infancia y Juventud - Fito Páez (2022)
Infancia y Juventud red.jpg (50.23 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
https://www.planetadelibros.com.ar/libr ... tud/354729

MOOT
Man out of Time

At the Latin Grammy Awards in Las Vegas on November 17, Fito Páez won three Grammy Awards.
Latin Grammys, Las Vegas, November 17, 2022
Latin Grammys, Las Vegas, November 17, 2022
Fito Paez Latin Grammys.jpg (191.15 KiB) Viewed 4766 times
In the category: "mejor álbum de pop/rock" (Best Pop/Rock Album) the winner was Fito's " Los años salvajes" which includes a duet with Elvis on Beer Blues.

Fito was also at the a charity benefit concert "Los Producers" in Las Vegas on November 16. Elvis sang with Cami, Jorge Drexler and Juanes backed by a band including Sebastian Krys on guitar. It is possible that Elvis also sang a number with Fito.

MOOT
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Man out of Time wrote:"To mark the 30th anniversary of the release of his most emblematic album, Páez had anticipated that this month he would begin recording a new edition of "El amor después del amor", which premiered on June 1, 1992, with guest artists and versions "very different" from the known ones.

Although he has assured that he is looking to incorporate into the project references from the current urban scene such as Bizarrap, Dillom, Nathy Peluso and Ca7riel, he had also said that he wanted to call international figures such as Elvis Costello, Caetano (Veloso), Chico (Buarque), Ruben Rada and David Byrne."

Watch this space!
Here it is, "Tráfico por Katmandú" feat. Elvis Costello, from Fito Páez's EADDA9223.