Uncut 300th issue - glaring omission!!!

Pretty self-explanatory
Neil.

Uncut 300th issue - glaring omission!!!

Post by Neil. »

On a train trip today I decided to buy a magazine for the first time in ages!

It was Uncut's 300th edition - the first ever issue had Elvis on the cover.

Anyway, they did a countdown on the best albums released since the magazine was launched in 1997. There's no Elvis on the list - not a dickybird!!!

Ooof, I was winded, gutted, impotent with rage. The Boy Named If shoulda been on there, possibly Look Now, also National Ransom or Momofuku.

Thoughts?
Neil.

Re: Uncut 300th issue - glaring omission!!!

Post by Neil. »

I take it all back - Wise Up Ghost is on there at number 180! Phew, glad he's in there somewhere!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

The Paul McCartney feature includes Elvis paying tribute , including reference to talking to Macca after the cinema showing of part of Get Back in London in Nov. 2021.
belfast

Post by belfast »

I'm not sure where I'd rank them, but if I were to put together a top 300 since 1997, Painted from Memory, When I Was Cruel, The Delivery Man and The Boy Named If would be in the running. Most likely When I Was Cruel and The Boy Named If would get in there.

There's some great stuff on Wise Up Ghost and they put on an amazing show at the Brooklyn Bowl, but I don't think the album would figure among my favorite EC or Roots albums. With the Roots, Things Fall Apart, Phrenology, How I Got Over and Undun would be in the running for that list.