Uncut - Elvis Costello Deluxe Ultimate Music Guide

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Uncut - Elvis Costello Deluxe Ultimate Music Guide

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.uncut.co.uk/publications/sp ... usic-guide

As he prepares to tour his fine new album The Boy Named If, we celebrate the 40-plus-year career of Elvis Costello. The savage lyricism. The wiry rock’n’roll. The dalliances with classical music, soul and jazz. It’s tough to know which to praise highest, so we’ll do as Elvis does and cover the lot: “We’re only living this instant…”

—————————-

https://www.uncut.co.uk/features/blogs/ ... lo-137925/

To the new wavers of ’77, Elvis Costello must have looked a straightforward proposition, a black and white world. Punk’s febrile, combative energies and the naïve excitement of golden age rock’n’roll and mod beat encapsulated in one bespectacled, legs-akimbo, skinny tied package. And so, for a short while, it would prove; as the arrival of The Attractions – and a pill-popping angry young man attitude – powered Costello on to the new wave front lines with This Year’s Model and Armed Forces, his aesthetic cohered around barbed and allusive dissections of pop culture, cutting social commentary and the politics of love and war. A critical darling, and not just because, as Dave Lee Roth bitterly attested, the sleeve of …Model was, for most journalists, like looking in a mirror.

In the 148 pages of this Deluxe Ultimate Music Guide, fully updated to account for his most recent activity, you’ll read some of Costello’s most memorable interactions with just those journalists. Here you’ll find spiky moments – “Getting it all down are you?” – and expansive encounters. Not to mention a full reckoning of the many recordings, collaborations and other adventures which caused them to occur in the first place.

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
jardine

Re: Uncut - Elvis Costello Deluxe Ultimate Music Guide

Post by jardine »

Huh. does not ship to Canada...? i get the mag. subscriptions....ah well.
Ulster Boy

Re: Uncut - Elvis Costello Deluxe Ultimate Music Guide

Post by Ulster Boy »

Got this today. A lot of it is a reprint of the 2014 version, which got as far as Wise up ghost, so the new material covers the albums since then. It’s printed on very high quality, thick paper. £10.99.