Post by krm »

It is getting more and more interesting
Screenshot 2022-08-05 125807.png
Screenshot 2022-08-05 125807.png (59.41 KiB) Viewed 6402 times
sweetest punch

Re: EC on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on 10th Aug

Post by sweetest punch »

https://headlineplanet.com/home/2022/08 ... -stallion/

Wednesday, August 10: Guests include Madonna, Elvis Costello and musical guest Rusty. Show #1697
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Wow...I'll take a Madonna guest appearance with Rusty ANYDAY of the week. :D :D
krm

Post by krm »

Skärmklipp.JPG
Skärmklipp.JPG (22.89 KiB) Viewed 6240 times
...and the evening looks complete!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

krm wrote:Skärmklipp.JPG

...and the evening looks complete!

Crazy!!! I wish I could be a fly on the wall for Madonna and E backstage. I bet he likes some of her music a lot and vice versa. Anyone remember 1999 Lonely World tour? Wasn't he in a habit of saying he had written a song for her? Was it...COULDN'T YOU KEEP THAT TO YOURSELF?

Update...he could not have been much in a habit as wiki tells me he only played it twice!! Last time at my fantastic 40th birthday gig October 19th C.W. Post. I'll try to unearth it to get his exact wording....
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

bronxapostle wrote:Anyone remember 1999 Lonely World tour? Wasn't he in a habit of saying he had written a song for her? Was it...COULDN'T YOU KEEP THAT TO YOURSELF?

Update...he could not have been much in a habit as wiki tells me he only played it twice!! Last time at my fantastic 40th birthday gig October 19th C.W. Post. I'll try to unearth it to get his exact wording....
I'm pretty sure it was during the first Costello & Nieve tour in 1996 that he joked about writing a song for Madonna called "Couldn't You Keep That To Yourself." Or at least it seemed like a joke at the time, because it wasn't until 1999 that he started playing a song with that title.

Madonna has said she learned to play drums by "by listening to Elvis Costello records."
I had decided that if I was going to be a singer, I had to earn it. I had to learn how to play an instrument. We were living in an abandoned synagogue in Queens, and in return for music lessons I modeled for Dan, who was a painter. I was his muse, and he taught me how to play power chords. While they were off at their day jobs, I’d play drums. I learned by listening to Elvis Costello records. Then one day, I wrote a song, and the words just came out of me. I was like, “Who’s writing this?” When their drummer quit, I got to be the drummer, and one night at CBGB I begged them to let me sing a song and play guitar. That microphone position was looking more and more inviting.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Thanks for the Madonna extract. I never knew that.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Thanks for the Madonna extract. I never knew that.
Me too...I never knew that my 87th favorite drummer learned everything from EC record's. :D :D
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Listening now to my cd which is wonderfully horrible and horribly wonderful. WAY Better THAN No Recording

NO mention of my daughter [my nickame for Ms. CICCONE] NOW to get to the bottom of when he mentioned her at one of my shows attended. Maybe it was 1995 ATUB rehearsal shows at Beacon?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

bronxapostle wrote:Listening now to my cd which is wonderfully horrible and horribly wonderful. WAY Better THAN No Recording

NO mention of my daughter [my nickame for Ms. CICCONE] NOW to get to the bottom of when he mentioned her at one of my shows attended. Maybe it was 1995 ATUB rehearsal shows at Beacon?
Were you at this show? He talks about writing "Couldn't You Keep That To Yourself" for Madonna during the "God's Comic" monologue.

Concert 1996-05-22 New York (late)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

I always say...ANCT is the king of memory!!! Indeed I was at this late show 5/22/96. I am glad to know I am not hallucinating. He DID say he wrote it for her in front on my eyes. Imagine the rush if she does it Wednesday???
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It’d be great if he mentioned it in the interview. Then they can gush about how much they admire each other and their involvements in the Austin Powers movies.

Will they be together in the show or shown separately. I’ve never watched the programme.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:It’d be great if he mentioned it in the interview. Then they can gush about how much they admire each other and their involvements in the Austin Powers movies.

Will they be together in the show or shown separately. I’ve never watched the programme.
I don't watch it either....but usually these shows have the first guest (HER ROYAL HIGHNESS M obviously in this instance!) remaining seated at the desk as host speaks with guest number 2 (our guy). Unless guest number one must depart....yet I envision her seated right there as E talks. After all they are comparable in more ways than you might think...professionally and personally.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

If I hadn't retired from my 52nd Street job last summer....I WOULD HAVE BEEN THE PHOTOGRAPHER for this click. :) :) enjoy the night today and tomorrow both to all my New York pals. Looking forward to late night television for a change tonight.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Standstobeinsulted wrote:https://youtu.be/TSlyn0WoSjc
Never seen that before. Great video!
Standstobeinsulted

Post by Standstobeinsulted »

I did wonder whether it was as well viewed as it obviously should be. No wonder Rusty were smitten. Bonus of whispering Bob Harris talking out his arse