10 NIGHTS AT THE GRAMERCY NYC FEB 2023 (NOW with COMPLETE residency tally at post one!)

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Re: 10 NIGHTS AT THE GRAMERCY NYC FEB 2023

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:My mistake. There are shows on 4th and 18th so must be 5th to 17th. I was sure the last show was 23rd when I looked :?

Guess what might be played on Feb 14th? :lol:
He could do split dates 3 or so consecutive weeks of Thursday Friday and Sunday or whatever configuration works
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I hadn’t thought of it that way - I’d looked at it being on the basis of 10 nights in one stint.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:I hadn’t thought of it that way - I’d looked at it being on the basis of 10 nights in one stint.

Who knows with our guy? He always has his own approach and all these years later continually full of surprises. Let us see how he does it when finalized. I don't think ten solo, Imposters or any one configuration. But again....WE NEVER KNOW until we know. 8) 8)
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

Offshoreram wrote:I’m definitely interested in this.

I did feel slightly underwhelmed by the UK tour, as others have said. I enjoyed it but it never really fired me up. Maybe I was hoping for too much. I’ve had a pretty bad couple of years starting from receiving the email on the morning of the show to say Oxford was cancelled along with the rest of the tour. Then we went into lockdown and all the crap that followed. Maybe I saw the Elvis tour as a starting point again but it just didn’t.

However, I feel so re-enthused after the Toronto gig. Virgin still owe me for the flight to Vegas for the cancelled show. I don’t think I could do all ten but possibly 3 or 4. I’m assuming it will be consecutive nights. Fingers crossed there is a presale!
You're not imagining things, Offshoream--the shows HAVE been underwhelming. Way too short, not enough catalog stuff. And, apparently, ZERO spontaneity.
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

Couldn't the shows on the 4th and the 18th happen on one of his off nights? I can't imagine he's going to do ten nights straight.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Arbogast wrote:
Offshoreram wrote:I’m definitely interested in this.

I did feel slightly underwhelmed by the UK tour, as others have said. I enjoyed it but it never really fired me up. Maybe I was hoping for too much. I’ve had a pretty bad couple of years starting from receiving the email on the morning of the show to say Oxford was cancelled along with the rest of the tour. Then we went into lockdown and all the crap that followed. Maybe I saw the Elvis tour as a starting point again but it just didn’t.

However, I feel so re-enthused after the Toronto gig. Virgin still owe me for the flight to Vegas for the cancelled show. I don’t think I could do all ten but possibly 3 or 4. I’m assuming it will be consecutive nights. Fingers crossed there is a presale!
You're not imagining things, Offshoream--the shows HAVE been underwhelming. Way too short, not enough catalog stuff. And, apparently, ZERO spontaneity.
I'll have to disagree here. I did four nights on the UK tour (plus one night on the 'pre-tour' thing, and I found them far from underwhelming. I had a great night each time. I've heard two or three brand new songs, I've heard 'Beyond Belief', 'Let Me Roll It', 'The Comedians', 'Indoor Fireworks', 'Motel Matches', 'Truth Drug'...none of which I'd heard live before. The band have always been on top form and all have been great gigs.

Liverpool was...interesting. But you couldn't accuse that night of having no 'spontaneity'!
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

The ten nights will be the following:

Thursday Feb 9th,
Friday Feb 10th,
Saturday Feb 11th,
Monday Feb 13th,
Tuesday Feb 14th (also St Valentine's Day)
Thursday Feb 16th,
Friday Feb 17th,
Sunday Feb 19th,
Monday Feb 20th,
Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2023

Tickets on sale, September 23, 10 am (EDT) via ticketbastard. There is a "ten-night" ticket option. The "Live Nation" webpages for tickets for these shows say "Ticket prices may fluctuate, based on demand, at any time". I fear the worst...

Presumably at some point between now and tickets going on sale, Elvis will announce ten songs for each of the ten nights (ten different songs each night) to give a flavour of what will be played (and possibly by whom). How this will work, remains to be seen. Watch this space...

MOOT
migdd

Post by migdd »

Appears to be solo.
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

Dammit this is going to cost me an arm and a leg. It has to be done though.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Last edited by sweetest punch on Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Charles

Post by Charles »

Newspaper Pane wrote:Dammit this is going to cost me an arm and a leg. It has to be done though.
And a severed head?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

cfm123 wrote:
Newspaper Pane wrote:Dammit this is going to cost me an arm and a leg. It has to be done though.
And a severed head?
:D :D good one....reminds me how I never did get SUNDAY'S BEST when it got that little live revival a few years back! What, it was with POLYTHENE PAM too, right? If reading this please feel free to play it tonight my friends in Northampton. See you there!
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

cfm123 wrote:
And a severed head?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

I'm thinking 16th/17th and 19th/20th. Thats gives me a night off to see another gig.

Any idea of ticket prices?
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

I hope to God he live-streams these shows....or at least makes them available via VOD after the fact.
verbal gymnastics

Offshoreram wrote:I'm thinking 16th/17th and 19th/20th. Thats gives me a night off to see another gig.

It won’t happen for me but it would have to be all 10 - you’ll hear 200 different songs and I can bet we’ll be talking about the ones he didn’t play.
krm

Post by krm »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
Offshoreram wrote:I'm thinking 16th/17th and 19th/20th. Thats gives me a night off to see another gig.

It won’t happen for me but it would have to be all 10 - you’ll hear 200 different songs and I can bet we’ll be talking about the ones he didn’t play.
of course
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

verbal gymnastics wrote:

I would love to do all 10 but I already have plans in February that clash so couldn’t make all 10 dates.

Also it would require a 15 night stay which definitely would over stretch my budget. As it is, I’m hoping to do 4 nights but nothing confirmed yet.
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

4 nights is plenty
verbal gymnastics

bronxapostle wrote:4 nights is plenty
That’s easy to say! :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:4 nights is plenty
That’s easy to say! :lol:
A) I'm trying to convince myself
B) I am elderly to make it downtown ten nights
C) February snow can be brutal
D) I hope to acquire tickets for 4 and will hope I picked the right nights.

To each his own. In 1986 I would not miss one. But nearly forty years on gets a little burdensome for some. Cheers to everyone....ba
verbal gymnastics

A few of my (mainly UK) Elvis WhatsApp group are contemplating going and the weather is one factor. Cost evaluations are taking place.

Sadly it’s out of the question for me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:A few of my (mainly UK) Elvis WhatsApp group are contemplating going and the weather is one factor. Cost evaluations are taking place.

Sadly it’s out of the question for me.
I'm sorry vg....
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I'm semi-planning on maybe a five night 6 or 7 day stopover - but depends on costs of tickets etc !
I could do with a huge crash in the dollar in the next few weeks if anyone could encourage Donald to do something outrageous ! :shock: :wink: :wink:
verbal gymnastics

I’m really pleased for (particularly) the UK mob. If circumstances were different I’d be there. It’s my 60th next year so if the Forum members want to pool resources for an all expense trip then I will only reluctantly complain. :lol: