Alibi

Pretty self-explanatory
notesrecliner

Alibi

Post by notesrecliner »

The latest Recliner Notes post explores "Alibi," Elvis Costello's examination of a relationship, teeming with mistrust, bitterness, paranoia, codependency, and desperation:

http://reclinernotes.com/2022/08/21/alibi/
bronxapostle

Re: Alibi

Post by bronxapostle »

I loved the Steve duo 1999 Lonely World versions when it was called ALIBI FACTORY. same mostly yet a little different feel I thought when WIWC got released.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

bronxapostle wrote:I loved the Steve duo 1999 Lonely World versions when it was called ALIBI FACTORY. same mostly yet a little different feel I thought when WIWC got released.
Agree. I've grown to like the WIWC version, but the Totally Meltdown 2001 version is the one I really fell in love with first. I was really looking forward to it on the LP but when I heard it I thought it was a bit...overworked?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Hawksmoor wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:I loved the Steve duo 1999 Lonely World versions when it was called ALIBI FACTORY. same mostly yet a little different feel I thought when WIWC got released.
Agree. I've grown to like the WIWC version, but the Totally Meltdown 2001 version is the one I really fell in love with first. I was really looking forward to it on the LP but when I heard it I thought it was a bit...overworked?

Yeah...that's why I call it differently as the duo version though I couldn't exactly explain why. I like your explanation.
Mr. Hush

Post by Mr. Hush »

For reasons I can't explain one of my least favourite Elvis songs. Dirgelike and too unpleasant for me. First of the notes I've not liked. Thanks for the analysis though.
notesrecliner

Post by notesrecliner »

Mr. Hush wrote:For reasons I can't explain one of my least favourite Elvis songs. Dirgelike and too unpleasant for me. First of the notes I've not liked. Thanks for the analysis though.
Totally fair - thanks for reading!