Summer 2023 'back with big surprises'

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Summer 2023 'back with big surprises'

Post by bronxapostle »

I forget his exact wording....but someone will assuredly have it captured in some format. His usual reeling us in for the next go round before the current one is even completed.

AND THAT IS WHY HE IS OUR GUY!!
jmm

Re: Summer 2023 'back with big surprises'

Post by jmm »

Yes ba. I was a little surprised they weren’t selling tickets as we exited!!
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

jmm wrote:Yes ba. I was a little surprised they weren’t selling tickets as we exited!!
:D :D :D He is a fisher of men (& women) too!!!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

I wonder if the big surprise hinted at was the addition of the three horn players,
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

How exciting, due to family circumstances and the fact that I had moved “way out West” I never saw any of the PTC UK tour so this sounds like a classic revival with so many more songs to be enhanced by the horns. Hope everyone going had a fab time :D
Alan

Post by Alan »

sulky lad wrote:How exciting, due to family circumstances and the fact that I had moved “way out West” I never saw any of the PTC UK tour so this sounds like a classic revival with so many more songs to be enhanced by the horns. Hope everyone going had a fab time :D
Sigh.. Punch the Clock Tour '83: I was doing my A-levels, just started seeing my first proper girlfriend, went up to Hammersmith Palais to see EC & Attractions/TKO horns/Afrodiziak - remains one of my most memorable EC gigs ever, a truly blistering show (think BBC Radio recorded it for broadcast?), Elvis pretty much at his very best as a vocalist. Happy teenage days... Also a great support band on that night, Rank & File from Texas: whatever happened to them?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Yes....it was a top notch tour with the TKO Horns! Here in the USA it was dubbed CLOCKING IN ACROSS AMERICA. And it was the first time I went to as many as five shows on the same tour, including the opener in Allentown, Pennsylvania. A really fantastic tour including some rarely played gems like Possession, The Greatest Thing, Let Them All Talk and a few more. And yes his voice was amazing (except for laryngitis night, NYC!) 40 years ago and really remains so still.
geebot

Post by geebot »

Alan wrote:Also a great support band on that night, Rank & File from Texas: whatever happened to them?
They never caught on with the original sound (I bought Sundown when it came out and listened to it a lot, but lost interest in the follow-up). One of the Kinman brothers died not that long ago. Alejandro Escovedo had the best post-Rank career and I still go to his shows when he comes around (seemingly every year).
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

bronxapostle wrote:Yes....it was a top notch tour with the TKO Horns! Here in the USA it was dubbed CLOCKING IN ACROSS AMERICA. And it was the first time I went to as many as five shows on the same tour, including the opener in Allentown, Pennsylvania. A really fantastic tour including some rarely played gems like Possession, The Greatest Thing, Let Them All Talk and a few more. And yes his voice was amazing (except for laryngitis night, NYC!) 40 years ago and really remains so still.
Wow, BA, I was at Allentown too. In a fairground field between bleachers and a bandshell. Didn't see you there :D
Loved Aztec Camera as the opener.

dave
Offshoreram

Post by Offshoreram »

I was at that Punch the Clock gig at Hammersmith Palais. Loved the Palais as a venue and saw lots of bands there but the most significant was Elvis and the Clash.

I also saw Alejandro Escovedo the other week fronting Ian Hunter’s Rant band and doing a set of Mott the Hoople classics. I went twice as the first gig was so good. Mott were my favourite band as a schoolboy in 1973 and I still try and catch Hunter whenever he tours. It sounds like his touring days may be over but he has a new album coming out that has been widely praised and features Taylor Hawkins and Jeff Beck.
My head is spinning and my legs are weak
Alan

Post by Alan »

geebot wrote:
Alan wrote:Also a great support band on that night, Rank & File from Texas: whatever happened to them?
They never caught on with the original sound (I bought Sundown when it came out and listened to it a lot, but lost interest in the follow-up). One of the Kinman brothers died not that long ago. Alejandro Escovedo had the best post-Rank career and I still go to his shows when he comes around (seemingly every year).
Thanks, that's sad to hear about one of them passing away. I bought Sundown too (on the strength of their great live performance that night) and thought it was an excellent album, so I kind of expected them to go on to greater things - but hey, what do I know? :)
Harry Lime

Post by Harry Lime »

FAVEHOUR wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:Yes....it was a top notch tour with the TKO Horns! Here in the USA it was dubbed CLOCKING IN ACROSS AMERICA. And it was the first time I went to as many as five shows on the same tour, including the opener in Allentown, Pennsylvania. A really fantastic tour including some rarely played gems like Possession, The Greatest Thing, Let Them All Talk and a few more. And yes his voice was amazing (except for laryngitis night, NYC!) 40 years ago and really remains so still.
Wow, BA, I was at Allentown too. In a fairground field between bleachers and a bandshell. Didn't see you there :D
Loved Aztec Camera as the opener.

dave
Make that three of us who were at that show. Drove all the way across the state and got there early so we could be up near the stage. Heard the soundcheck from out in the parking lot. Agree, Dave, Aztec Camera were great too. What a time to be an Elvis fan!
Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?