Video from original Spinning Songbook shows?

Pretty self-explanatory
emotional_fascism076

Video from original Spinning Songbook shows?

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

Has any footage of a complete Spinning Songbook show from 1986 ever surfaced? Great to have the audio but it would be interesting to see what was going on too.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?
Psc

Re: Video from original Spinning Songbook shows?

Post by Psc »

I've seen the odd clip on Youtube - there is a clip of EC singing Knowing Me Knowing You which I remember was played at the RAH show I attended in 1987 (my first Elvis show!), but I think the film may be from Liverpool? Apart from that I haven't been able to find much else :cry:
It's not a matter of life or death. But what is, what is?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Psc wrote:I've seen the odd clip on Youtube - there is a clip of EC singing Knowing Me Knowing You which I remember was played at the RAH show I attended in 1987 (my first Elvis show!), but I think the film may be from Liverpool? Apart from that I haven't been able to find much else :cry:
There is a complete (as far as I’m aware) video of the second Liverpool show from December 1986 which has actor Andrew Schofield joining The Attractions as well as acting as compere. He does, to my mind, ham it up a bit like a hyper Scouser but the audience love it. I think there is one very famous ( in the realm of UK EC fans ) spinner of the wheel as well . She’s never been the same since - or before !
emotional_fascism076

Now you have my curiosity up more about this spinner :)
I think I may have read something about that years ago.

I've just seen the few clips on YouTube but I've never seen that complete show yet. Maybe not circulating?
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote:
Psc wrote:I've seen the odd clip on Youtube - there is a clip of EC singing Knowing Me Knowing You which I remember was played at the RAH show I attended in 1987 (my first Elvis show!), but I think the film may be from Liverpool? Apart from that I haven't been able to find much else :cry:
There is a complete (as far as I’m aware) video of the second Liverpool show from December 1986 which has actor Andrew Schofield joining The Attractions as well as acting as compere. He does, to my mind, ham it up a bit like a hyper Scouser but the audience love it. I think there is one very famous ( in the realm of UK EC fans ) spinner of the wheel as well . She’s never been the same since - or before !
Think it's the full show available on YouTube- I bought it as a VHS tape from a record fair decades ago. It's the dictionary definition of 'amateur' video, very grainy and jumpy. An absolute classic. As well as the 'very famous' spinner referenced above, another spinner was to grow up to be the award winning writer Mark Billingham, Mark interviewed EC at this very same venue - Liverpool's Royal Court Theatre - in October 2016 as part of the Unfaithful Music book launch.

And I've just remembered that the 'very famous spinner' allowed me to bunk in with her so I could get a front row seat for this epic event.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Can we get a link please??? trust me... E does not mind the crummy vid share 37 years down the road.
Ulster Boy

Post by Ulster Boy »

Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

There's 8 songs - nearly an hour's worth at the Wiki :

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... _Liverpool

Tokyo Storm Warning has some very intense and almost inaudible interaction between our hero and his adoring public.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Top balcony wrote:There's 8 songs - nearly an hour's worth at the Wiki :

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... _Liverpool

Tokyo Storm Warning starts with some very intense and almost inaudible interaction between our hero and his adoring public.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Thanks all... definitely worth watching what I had never seen before! Fantastic effort from the filmer all those years ago. Surely his stealth effort paid its ample rewards. Wonderful bit of history here.
emotional_fascism076

Great to see that. Gotta love the 80s :)