Elvis & The Imposters with Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Brown County Music Centre, Nashville, IN, June 25, 2023

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters with Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Brown County Music Centre, Nashville, IN, June 25, 2023

Post by Man out of Time »

The "We're All Going On A Summer Holiday" tour continues on June 25, 2023 at the Brown County Music Centre, Nashville, IN.

The event details on the venue website tell us that:

"Elvis Costello, is an English singer-songwriter and record producer. He has won multiple awards in his career, including a Grammy Award in 2020, and has twice been nominated for the Brit Award for Best British Male Artist. In 2003, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In 2004, Rolling Stone ranked Costello number 80 on its list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time. Costello began his career as part of London's pub rock scene in the early 1970s and later became associated with the first wave of the British punk and new wave movement that emerged in the mid-to-late 1970s. Costello has co-written several original songs for films, including "God Give Me Strength" from Grace of My Heart and "The Scarlet Tide" from Cold Mountain. For the latter, Elvis was nominated (along with Burnett) for the Academy Award for Best Original Song and the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media.

It's all about the awards in Nashville, IN.

This is Elvis' first show at the venue, which only opened in 2019.

Ticket prices start at $50 and go up to $325 for the best front row seats. The show has sold pretty well, so far. There are a few seats left in the "pit" and on the main floor, and more available in the balcony. Quite a few "verified resale" seats to be had too, if that is your thing.

Who's going?

MOOT
Arnie

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Brown County Music Centre, Nashville, IN, June 25, 2023

Post by Arnie »

My wife and I are going. Sitting front row. Cannot wait. Sure hoping Elvis and Nick do several songs together.
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Brown County Music Centre, Nashville, IN, June 25, 2023

Post by sweetest punch »

Who’s going?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Just returned from Indiana. Fantastic show, and Elvis was in fine voice. So many highlights its hard to remember them all . . . .

First off . . . tornado warnings and sirens in full roar about 2 hours before showtime had us very concerned. We drove over from St. Louis yesterday, ahead of the approaching storm. Dime size hail in Bloomington and the path of the storm was heading straight for Brown County. Fortunately, they too only received hail, and a brief heavy downpour, but talking to one of the stage hands he said a tornado had touched down about 6 miles away from the venue.

Nick w/ Los Straitjackets - I've seen them 4 or 5 times now and they keep getting better. Just wish Nick had played one or two by himself as in previous shows! They need to release another album. Nick made a few wry cracks that were hilarious . . . . something to the effect of "our boss, Master Costello" and also about the location being the much better Nashville. Even the t-shirts had the tour list on the back printed with the typo "Nashville, TN"

I'll admit, the location was certainly off the beaten path, but in a very pretty valley -- felt like the Smoky Mountains almost. Great venue though. 2000 seats, fantastic sound. Not a bad seat in the house.

Elvis and Imposters set was outstanding also. Although the crowd seemed quite sleepy/bordering on geriatric. Even as we were front row in the pit, it felt at times as we were the only ones standing and cheering aside from a few others. Towards the end, as the hits came out, more people were standing.

Standout performances for me were: This Years Girl, Accidents Will Happen, a beautiful rendition of Toledo with some lovely commentary about Burt, Like Licorice on your Tongue -- brilliant new song, Everyday I Write the Book, Poisoned Rose, Blood and Hot Sauce - which feels like something from a Baptist Revival! The finale with Nick doing Indoor Fireworks and PLU were truly outstanding.

Had a minor kerfluffle at the merch table when it was over. I opted for the "Mystery Bag" for $75. Was told that it would include several unique items, including a mystery t-shirt in your specified size. I was intrigued, and hopeful, so I went for it. Upon discovery of opening the bags contents, the t-shirt was none other than a "Gramercy Theatre Night 2" t-shirt, which I had attended and already had and proudly wearing exactly the same shirt (under my Nick Lowe t-shirt, pictured below). After pointing this out and pleading with the kind lady to at least let me exchange this t-shirt with one of the other t-shirts they had on display -- only to be met with firm resistance, she at least allowed me to get a full refund. Thank you, merch lady. My wife was embarrassed.

Get out and see these remaining shows. You won't be sorry!
IMG_5323.jpg
IMG_5323.jpg (124.14 KiB) Viewed 3976 times
IMG_5315.jpg
IMG_5315.jpg (120.57 KiB) Viewed 3976 times
IMG_4049.jpg
IMG_4049.jpg (186.8 KiB) Viewed 3976 times
Last edited by Arnie on Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Thank you for the great, detailed review!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Photos by Michele Wedel