krm

Re: Elvis & Steve in Göteborg, Sweden - Sep 12th 2023

Post by krm »

I will go. See you there!
krm

Post by krm »

https://kulturpunkten.nu/evenemang/elvi ... eve-nieve/

Grammy-vinnande Elvis Costellos karriär sträcker sig över fem decennier, både som soloartist och tillsammans med pianisten Steve Nieve samt konstellationerna The Attractions och nuvarande The Imposters.

Den 12 september kommer Elvis Costello och Steve Nieve till Stora Teatern i Göteborg. Mångsysslaren Elvis Costello är både författare, kompositör och musiker som publicerat över 600 titlar, inklusive femton låtar som skrivits tillsammans med Paul McCartney och välkända samarbeten med Allen Toussaint, Brodsky Quartet och T Bone Burnett.

Costello har under åren även vunnit två Grammy-statyetter, först med Burt Bacharach för låten I Still Have That Other Girl som vann “Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals” 1998 och sen 2019 med hans 30:e album Look Now i kategorin “Best Traditional Pop”. Han är medlem i både The Songwriters Hall Of Fame och Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Tillsammans med pianisten och vännen Steve Nieve kommer Elvis Costello till Sverige i september.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Who’s going?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
krm

Post by krm »

Setlist:
Jack of all parades
Shot with his own gun
Long Honeymoon
Strict time
Accidents will happen
Like Licorice
Tart
Veronica
Toledo
Dio come ti amo
Almost blue
Watching the detectives
Face in the crowd
Blood and hot Sauce
Big stars are tumbling
I still have that other girl
She
When I was cruel
Shipbuilding
PL&U
Alison
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Short blog review by Leif Wivatt published on September 15, 2023 at Wivatts Blogg.

Elvis Costello och Steve Nieve kom till Stora Teatern -Tisdag 12 september 2023

Finbesök på Stora Teatern i Göteborg denna 12 september. Det är sex och ett halvt år sedan Elvis Costello var här senast. Då liksom 2014 med solokonserter men nu med gamle kompanjonen Steve Nieve på piano, eller snarare flygel samt på några låtar keyboard. Nieve som nu spelat med Costello i runt 45 år, i hans första grupp The Attractions och senare med The Imposters.

Elvis var lite krasslig i rösten med förkylning men klarade ändå sig bra efterhand och fick till det bra i ballader som She, Shipbuilding och Toledo.

Blev prick två timmars konsert med låtar från skilda epoker. Tyvärr var det en handfull låtar som jag tycker han kunde valt bort. En tio minuter röjig Watching the detectives med samplade ljud var ändå rätt kul liksom en fem minuter lång Veronica. Mest jubel för de två avslutande What ’ s So Funny … och Alison. Fullsatt med 620 personer inne."

or in "English" via Google Translate:

"Nice visit to the Stora Teatern in Gothenburg this September 12. It's been six and a half years since Elvis Costello was last here. Then like 2014 with solo concerts, but now with old companion Steve Nieve on piano, or rather grand piano and on some songs keyboard. Nieve who has now played with Costello for around 45 years, in his first group The Attractions and later with The Imposters.

Elvis was a bit hoarse in his voice with a cold, but still managed well afterwards and managed well in ballads such as She, Shipbuilding and Toledo.

It was a full two hour concert with songs from different eras. Unfortunately, there were a handful of songs that I think he could have picked out. A ten-minute long Watching the detectives with sampled sounds was still quite fun, as was a five-minute long Veronica. Mostly cheers for the two finalists What 's So Funny ... and Alison. Packed with 620 people inside."

There are some slightly fuzzy photos of the show on the blog(g) page itself.

MOOT