Elvis & The Imposters with Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Golden Gate Theatre, San Francisco, CA, June 13, 2023

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters with Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Golden Gate Theatre, San Francisco, CA, June 13, 2023

Post by Man out of Time »

The "We're All Going On A Summer Holiday" tour continues on June 13, 2023 at the historic Golden Gate Theater, San Francisco, CA.

According to Wikipedia the Golden Gate Theatre was built in 1920/21 and has a capacity of 2,300.

This is Elvis first show at the theatre, although he has previously played nearly 60 shows in San Francisco, including outdoor shows (such as Hardly Strictly Blue Grass) at Golden Gate Park.

The venue website has this to say about the show:

"ONE NIGHT ONLY IN SAN FRANCISCO

Elvis Costello & The Imposters - with their special guest Charlie Sexton - are bringing their tour “We're All Going On A Summer Holiday” to the Golden Gate Theatre for one night only, Tuesday, June 13. Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets will open.

Since 2018, Costello has issued ten record releases; the most recent being, “The Songs of Bacharach & Costello,” a 4-CD, 2-LP box-set celebrating his nearly 30-year songwriting collaboration with Burt Bacharach. It was named Best New Reissue by Pitchfork. The Grammy Award-winning Elvis Costello and The Imposters album "Look Now" of 2018 was followed by the companion E.P., "Purse" while a French language E.P., "La Face Du Pendule à Coucou" followed the album, "Hey Clockface" - recorded in Helsinki and, Paris. Together with co-producer, Sebastian Krys, Costello also completed work on "Spanish Model" - an adaptation of 1978's album "This Year's Model" with new vocals recorded in lyrical adaptation and translation with a cast of Latin music performers. In 2022, the latest Elvis Costello and The Imposters release, "The Boy Named If," was followed into the stores by "The Resurrection of Rust,” - the recording debut after fifty years of Rusty - the duo of Liverpool-based singer-songwriters, D.P. MacManus and Allan Mayes, accompanied by The Imposters for new recordings of their 1972 repertoire including two Nick Lowe compositions from his days in the band Brinsley Schwarz.

Preparations for a return to the stage in 2021 (and again in the summer of 2022) led to the release of "The Boy Named If (Alive at Memphis Magnetic)'", which found the band running down live arrangements of their new songs along with the Jagger/Richards song, "Out Of Time" and Nick Lowe's 1976 Dutch release, "Truth Drug". The collection was completed by a brand new version of "Magnificent Hurt" by the Japanese duo, chelmico."

Ticket prices range from $91.50 to $41.50. Only eight single tickets are still available in the orchestra section, but some more seats remain in the (cheaper) balcony. The show has sold well.

Who's going?

MOOT
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Golden Gate Theatre, San Francisco, CA, June 13, 2023

Post by sweetest punch »

Who’s going?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Golden Gate Theatre, San Francisco, CA, June 13, 2023

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Best show ever. Amazing show. Don’t miss this tour!
ramalama

Post by ramalama »

Setlist neglected to mention Steve's "Shot with His Own Gun" interlude during Mistook Me for a Friend