Elvis & The Imposters with Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Hayden Homes Amphitheater, Bend, OR, June 10, 2023

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters with Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Hayden Homes Amphitheater, Bend, OR, June 10, 2023

Post by Man out of Time »

The "We're All Going On A Summer Holiday" tour continues on June 10, 2023 at Hayden Homes Amphitheater, Bend, OR.

The venue is an outdoor amphitheatre which opened in 2002, and accommodates approximately 8,000 people for concerts. This will be Elvis' first apperance in Bend. He has often played in either Eugene, OR or Portland OR.
2023-06-10 Bend poster
2023-06-10 Bend poster
2023-06-10 Bend poster.jpg (159.49 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
Ticket prices range from $45 (for lawn seating, without a chair) to $196.50 for the best "platinum" seats. Tickets are still available across all sections of the amphitheatre.

Will this be an opportunity for Elvis to sing "The Crooked Line" ?

Who's going to be there to find out?

MOOT
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Hayden Homes Amphitheater, Bend, OR, June 10, 2023

Post by johnfoyle »

Scott Buttner, Facebook-

Mini review

This was my 14th Elvis Costello concert over the past 46 years. Though there were a few rough patches (his voice cracked quite a bit on a quiet version of “Toledo”; there were some missed lighting cues) overall the musicality was perhaps the best of the shows I’ve seen. The addition of Charlie Sexton as a second guitarist was terrific - he and EC played off each other well and sexton has a richness of tone in his playing that doesn’t always come through on Costello guitar. Pete Thomas was strong as ever on the drums and Steve Nieve used the organ more effectively than in many of the shows I’ve seen. Faragher was solid on the bass as always.

As usual he played a mix of old and new stuff. Some of the songs from the new album “A boy named if” were great concert pieces and showcased the band well As he often does, he re-arranged most of the older songs so they didn’t seem stale - keeping himself as well as the audience entertained and surprised.

Acoustics and sound mix were excellent- some of the best I’ve heard in a large venue, indoors or out.
Man out of Time

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets, Hayden Homes Amphitheater, Bend, OR, June 10, 2023

Post by Man out of Time »

Another fan review posted by Gregory Brokaw on FB:

Elvis Costello and the Imposters and Nick Lowe and and Los Straightjackets.
-
"Way fun, way exceeded my informed expectations. I’ve seen Elvis many times, and he does what he wants to do, as he should. This time it was a great balance of past, distant past, and present. He was funny, seemed happy, he did it all, beautifully, without baggage. His updated arrangements were interesting with great new energy from the Imposters.

Nick Lowe was a welcome surprise, I didn’t know he was opening; he’s a rock star in his own right, but was humble and generous. These guys are not young anymore, none of us are, but they delivered. BTW, for the not so much fans out there who might know Peace, Love, and Understanding by Elvis, well that’s a Nick Lowe song. Oh and he produced Elvis Costello’s first five albums, and a bit of trivia, his first wife was Carlene Carter, June Carter’s daughter, and Johnny Cash’s stepdaughter. It’s a small musical world.

The audience was interesting, a bunch of us 50 and 60 something’s, but a decent number of 30 somethings and unders. A fair amount of people that must have season tickets and seemed lost. Always funny to see your generation at these nostalgia concerts. This is the first of at least four for me this year. "

Also five closing songs (Chelsea/Magnificent Hurt/Pump It Up/ PLU/Blood & Hot Sauce) and Elvis starting to introduce "Alison".

Any more setlist detail anyone?

MOOT
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

Sheesh...does no one post setlists anymore? Nothing for this, nothing from Reno...
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Miclewis

Post by Miclewis »

I hear some folks complaining about Elvis performing a lot of new songs. I'm of the opposite opinion. As great as Elvis' 70's work is, I would rather hear him perform newer songs. 11 out of 19 songs in this setlist are from the 70's. Musicians and songwriters do get better with age and experience.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I agree - the more new songs the better.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

I could do without the hits and don't care if they are ever played live again, at least in the old form. Any true fan who has followed him along his "Crooked Line" of genre bending would too. Thats what makes him uniquely Elvis. His career-long catalog is too deep and too good to keep trotting out the same 4 or 5 songs just to meet the expectations of the casual or used-to-be a fan. Thats what made the Gramercy 10 night stand so cool.