Kansas City Show cancelled...

Pretty self-explanatory
PLUChris

Kansas City Show cancelled...

Post by PLUChris »

...according to the box office! :(

Hope no one is travelling from too far afield!

PLU
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

oh lord. cancelled due to illness. to be rescheduled for august within 48 hours. st louis tomorrow not cancelled as of yet.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
ElvisKansasFan

Many thanks!!!

Post by ElvisKansasFan »

PLUChris,

Many, many thanks for your post regarding the postponement. I was within 10 minutes of leaving the house with the wife to make the 3 hours + drive from Wichita to the Uptown Theatre. Thank goodness for the internet and for the elviscostellofans website. I would have really been bummed out getting to KC and having to head back the turnpike. If you go to the rescheduled show in August, look me up in row B, seats 19-21 in the balcony and let me buy you a drink if you're of drinking age. Thanks! Paul & Jacqueline
Paul and Jacqueline Linnabary
Your Elvis Costello Fans in Wichita, Kansas
The Heartland of America
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Not headed there myself, but I know anyone helped by the information was appreciative. Thanks for making this site work for everyone, guys!

And sorry about the show. :cry:
Uncomplicated

bummed in KC

Post by Uncomplicated »

I was just stopping in for a quick post to say hello and that I was on my way to the show.............30 minutes away from leaving for the show. Darn! Darn! Darn! Darn! and double Darn!

They just had a small blurb about it on the local TV as well. I'm so bummed!

:(
It's in your eyes..... It's in your eyes.....
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://hausfraublog.blogspot.com/2005/0 ... -weep.html

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Read it and weep
The Elvis Costello concert I was to attend tonight was CANCELLED! They're rescheduling it in August.

I was so psyched. I love Elvis Costello.

X had "parenting time" tonight. He was good enough to agree to stay with the girls until I got home from the concert. Of course, I arranged for a Plan B...and a Plan C. I could picture a scenario where, just to fuck with me, X calls and tells me he's sick at the last minute. So my sister would've stayed with the kids had that happened. But my sister had a choir committment, and her husband had a meeting...so if neither one of them was home when I needed them around 7 tonight, my friends Lara and Will were going to step in.

Just for the record, X did pull a dickhead move. I asked him to come over around 5. He claimed he didn't think he could get out of work that early. He showed up at 5:30 wearing a t-shirt and jeans and smelling like a cigar (not work attire). So obviously, he had time to go home and have himself a little drinky before coming over. Oh well...I need to just appreciate that he came over and was prepared to stay for the duration of the evening. For one reason or another, I manage to get pissed at him each and every time I see him.

Nothing was going to get in the way of me seeing Elvis. Did I mention that I love him and have loved him longer than any other man on the planet?

I was not going to let what happened to me in college happen again. I was in grad school in Lawrence, Kansas in 1994 when Radiohead came to town. They were doing their "The Bends" tour and were going to play at the Bottleneck...a bar. Did I want to go? Hell yes!!! Did I??? Hell no....some stupid school business kept me at home. Instead of seeing Radiohead, I wrote a paper or studied for a big test. Do I remember the test? No. Do I remember missing Radiohead at the Bottleneck??? YES! Do I kick myself for that at least once every month? YES!

Despite my best effort at finding a babysitter, I missed Elvis Costello due to the divine plan. For some reason, I'm not meant to see Elvis Costello right now. I WILL SEE HIM at some point in the future.

In lieu of going to the concert, my sister, Susan; bro-in-law, Garth and our friend, Linda and her daughter, Maya went to La Bodega for tapas. Kansas City has some great night spots and La Bodega is one of them. On a Tuesday evening, they were packed! The tapas there are so yummy and the atmosphere is urban chic. It's a great place to people watch.

So even though our initial plans had to be abandoned, we ended up having a nice night out. I'm disappointed that I missed Elvis...but my time will come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Comments:
At 12:00 PM, Scully said…

Oh, I may love Elvis more than you do. Seriously.

My parents adore him, but they adore the Elvis Costello in the mellower years. The Elvis Costello that married their beloved Diana Krall.

I need to pull out Elvis records for them.

And isn't Tapas the best?

I'm glad you got that night out. Even if it meant dealing with the X.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At 3:37 PM, Charles A. Chambers said…

Okay. See if you can follow this...

I dated the widow of a mid-level bluesy-rock star from England who was friends with Elvis. He is a pretty cool and laid back guy from what I understand.

I think your philosophy of not being the right time to see Elvis is right on the money.

For the record, I do not love the man. But I did see Peter Gabrial with my gf and he was an excellent show!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

This show has been rescheduled for August 3rd at the same venue, tickets for the cancelled show to be honored.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 632031.htm

Switcheroo central

The number of concerts at the Uptown booked, then rescheduled or canceled lately has been dizzying.

There's the May 4 Billy Idol show, Elvis Costello's May 5 gig, comic Dave Attell's May 18 appearance and finally Lyle Lovett's short-lived July 9 booking.

What gives?

"Well, Elvis just got rescheduled, and the new date is going to be Aug. 3 at the Uptown," says Clear Channel PR dude Kendall Jones. "He was actually here in town, and we had to get him a doctor - he had a severe throat infection. Billy Idol moved to July 21, and Dave Attell got bumped to May 19."