St Louis Show Canceled

Pretty self-explanatory
oily slick

St Louis Show Canceled

Post by oily slick »

:x :cry: to be rescheduled expeditiously for early august.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entert ... ostello%22

Elvis Costello concert is postponed

04/05/2005

The Elvis Costello concert scheduled for tonight at the Pageant has been postponed. Costello is suffering from a severe throat infection, according to a statement from his publicist. The date is expected to be rescheduled for early August. Costello's Tuesday show in Kansas City was also postponed.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Well, I think he has been fighting this off and on for a while now - you know how he sounded at the Ryman, Oily. This has been a tough winter for him.

It's all pophead's fault for making him stand out in the rain in New Orleans last weekend. :lol:
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Oh yes, the Ryman. That must have been one helluva concert Spooky...
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

It was a great show, Boo, but it was evident that he was having much difficulty with his voice. Emmylou was great to stay on stage with him for so long, plus I think it rather energized him in a way to have her there.

But his throat sounded awfully scratchy. And the day before that when he was on CNN, he could barely talk to the interviewer. When I saw that, I wasn't even sure if he would be able to sing in Nashville.

Sorry, Oily. :cry:
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

Bummer. I was looking forward to tonights show. Had a bunch of friends going along as well, and although they aren't anywhere close to being the diehard fan that I am, I know they are disappointed in the cancellation.

I've been wondering about this tour. If you look at the schedule over the past 3 months, he's had a show almost every night. Couple days off here and there, but for the most part its everyday. Living on a bus driving from Cleveland to Chicago, eating crappy food, setting up, soundcheck, then a 2+ hour show of singing your ass off -- seems like that routine would get old QUICK, mentally and physically. Elvis is a stud for making it as long as he has. Hats off to him.

If there's any "consolation in the cancellation", hows that for wordplay? Its that we'll get a fresh and healthy Elvis for the make-up game scheduled for early August.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Emotional Toothpaste wrote:I've been wondering about this tour. If you look at the schedule over the past 3 months, he's had a show almost every night. Couple days off here and there, but for the most part its everyday. Living on a bus driving from Cleveland to Chicago, eating crappy food, setting up, soundcheck, then a 2+ hour show of singing your ass off -- seems like that routine would get old QUICK, mentally and physically. Elvis is a stud for making it as long as he has. Hats off to him.
I agree Toothpaste - it's got to be exhausting. It's not like touring England or continental Europe, where you might have a two to three hour drive between cities. Next time he tours I hope he schedules more days in between gigs. His voice suffers from these marathon sets on back-to-back nights. At the end of the Beacon show, the needle was almost on empty and I was wondering how in the world he could even consider doing the Atlantic City and Baltimore shows.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

spooky girlfriend wrote: It's all pophead's fault for making him stand out in the rain in New Orleans last weekend. :lol:
:?

But it was so humid Spooky! That has a way of opening up the sinuses and getting all the gunk out!

In all seriousness, his voice sounded pretty good in New Orleans. On a tour like this one, crossing sooooo many climate zones is the thing that will zap the voice. Every new town has a different allergen in the air. In New Orleans it was 85 that day, but a little further north it dipped into the 30s! I hope I have his stamina when I'm 50.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

This show has been rescheduled for August 2nd, tickets to be honored from the cancelled show.