Elvis playing Madison Square Garden Benefit Sept 20

Pretty self-explanatory
FAVEHOUR

Elvis playing Madison Square Garden Benefit Sept 20

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Elvis has been added to a big Hurricane Katrina benefit next Tuesday at MSG. Tickets are already on sale.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Tom Waits, Irma Thomas, John Fogerty, Ry Cooder, Dave Bartholomew, and Fats domino are also on the bill. Should be a great show.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Has the race to write music about the New Orleans tragedy begun yet? Where's Elton John? He and Eminem will probably duet on some 'it was so hard in the ghetto' song with paternal 'i understand' kinda encouragements... an' goin' ons about their messed up lives... WTF really cares, ya know... George Michael should be banned from attending, and certainly performing at, what he still calls 'charity events'...
I'd like to hear some new Tom Waits album or two covering some of the subject matter though, in due time. Bruce will have to go from The Rising to Devils And Dust to 'New Orleans' ... it came to me in a dream.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Stars To Join Jackson For Katrina Single

Michael Jackson has recruited pop superstar Mariah Carey, Snoop Dogg, Jay Z and James Brown and other top artists to perform on a charity single for the victims of Hurricane Katrina, his spokesperson said.

Also joining Jackson will be Lenny Kravitz, Wyclef Jean, Lauryn Hill, Missy Elliott, Ciara, Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds, Yolanda Adams, R. Kelly, Mary J. Blige and 1970s soul icons the O'Jays, according to spokesperson Raymone Bain.

"Mr. Jackson is continuing to reach out to artists who would like to work with him on this project, which he humbly hopes will make a tremendous difference to all individuals who have been affected by this tragedy, Bain said.

Jackson, who raised more than $60 million for African famine relief in the mid-1980s with a campaign built around his anthem "We Are the World," announced last week that he had been moved by images of Katrina's devastation to write a song for the hurricane's victims.

Bain has said that the 47-year-old singer, who left his Neverland Valley Ranch in California for Bahrain after his June acquittal on sex abuse charges, will return to the United States to record the song, tentatively titled "From the Bottom of My Heart."

All proceeds will be donated to hurricane victims, Bain said.

COPYRIGHT: (c) Reuters 2005. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Where else could Jacko go, really. It's a smart stroke on his part.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

"will return to the United States to record the song, tentatively titled "From the Bottom of My Heart."
Why do I get the feeling that a lame song is about to emerge? :roll:
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Because he hasn't done anything good since I'm Bad...?
Last edited by bambooneedle on Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Yeah, that's probably it.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

It might be a big 'victim song'... I can just hear it... Lenny Kravitz wailing 'yeah yeah yeahs' in the background...
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

From the bottom of my heart? More like from the heart of my bottom.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Yes, I agree. Anyway I think he had the bottom of his heart removed to make it look more like Elizabeth Tayor's.
whar

Post by whar »

bambooneedle wrote:Because he hasn't done anything good since I'm Bad...?
Thankgod that album is still the highest selling album of all-time, and for very good reason.

*EDIT: I read "Im bad..." as "Beat it"

"Im bad" actually sucks in my opinion. :wink:
Oy with the poodles, already!
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I'd written Thriller first, but gave credit to Bad for at least the mini movie video he did for the song Bad, where he goes "You ain't bad, you ain't nothiiing!", and for the song. Don't know the album-- it may well suck-- though I recall the Dirty Diana video which was ok, had some brilliant Steve Stevens guitar sounds.
alexv

Post by alexv »

Hey, speaking of Thriller, I've always thought that it and What's Going On where the best records made in the 80s and 70s respectively. The parallels between MJ and MG are crazy: motown beginnings; fucked up by their fathers; breaking out to make groundbreaking records; two really great ground-breaking records by each (thriller and off the wall; What's going on; let's get it on); two spectacular spine-chilling US TV performances (All Star national anthem by MG; Motown performance of Billie Jean by MJ); then dual disasters (coke for MG; kiddies for MJ); does poppa Jackson own a gun?