Anyone know details of Pete Thomas' drum kit?

Pretty self-explanatory
misterwoodman

Anyone know details of Pete Thomas' drum kit?

Post by misterwoodman »

I'm the drummer for The Costellophones (http://www.costellophones.com), an Austin Elvis Costello tribute band. I've been trying to determine what Pete Thomas tends to use as his standard setup for his drum kit. I'm particularly interested in his hi-hat and other cymbal choices. Does anyone know where I can find the details? Thanks! ~Mark
--Mark
drummer and lead singer:
The Costellophones
(Austin's Elvis Costello tribute band)
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

Last time I saw the Imposters, which was in 2004, he was using DW Drums and Zildjian Cymbals.

I just checked DW Drums website, and they still list him in their "Artist Roster".

He's been using Zildjian since the Attractions' days. I suppose you're looking for more precise information, like exactly what crash, ride, hi-hats etc, but I hope this is of some assistance. You should be able to get a good look at his kit on the "Club Date" DVD.
misterwoodman

Post by misterwoodman »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have been able to sneak a peek at his kit on various videos, and it's clear he's using DW and Zildjians, but I was trying to determine exactly what kind of cymbals he uses in his setup. It's likely that he's modified it over the years and trades cymbals in and out of his kit. Mostly, I'm trying to determine what kind of hi hats he uses. Thanks again. ~Mark
--Mark
drummer and lead singer:
The Costellophones
(Austin's Elvis Costello tribute band)