Relatively Insignificant EC Stuff. . .

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Re: Relatively Insignificant EC Stuff. . .

Post by sweetest punch »

fred darden wrote:i've been meaning to post this but kept forgetting. i work at a music venue in chicago, vic theatre, and a couple of weeks ago margo price performed. noticed on the set list while setting up, her encore included pump it up. asked the guitar tech if it was elvis, he said it was. he said that her version was going to be on a soundtrack for an upcoming movie, downtown owl with music compiled by t-bone burnett. asked if there were going to be anymore elvis songs on there, he didn't know, however charley crockett also has a track on it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_Owl_(film)
https://youtu.be/d20Z3Pe4N50
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
GCM

Post by GCM »

The third and final series of the excellent Ted Lasso launched on Apple TV today. Next week's episode is entitled "(I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea".
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

https://twitter.com/TheSixteen/status/1 ... 8694735875

"Fantastic concert @wigmore_hall last night, topped off by discovering that the legendary Elvis Costello was in the audience! He very kindly posed for a pic with Harry, Richard Boothby and members of @FretworkViols."

geebot

Post by geebot »

Had the decidedly mediocre Schwarzenegger Netflix series "FUBAR" on in the background tonight and was ignoring much of it until I suddenly heard the first bars of "Peace, Love and Understanding." They played it over a montage of seemingly unrelated content. Not the best use of the material but somebody made a few bucks.
Jackson Monk Returns

Post by Jackson Monk Returns »

buzz wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:48 pm I've just seen Ode to Joy on Netflix with Martin Freeman. It was a delight when Jackson Monk and Rowe played as part of the soundtrack. What a song!
Always liked that one!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Is this the real Jackson Monk? If so welcome back :D
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Jackson Monk Returns

Post by Jackson Monk Returns »

verbal gymnastics wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:34 am Is this the real Jackson Monk? If so welcome back :D
It is indeed. Rumours of my demise were premature!
Thanks VG
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Elvis and Diana attended a one-off secret show at the Racket Club at 431 West 16th Street in New York City last night (19 October). The show was the official release party for the Rolling Stones' new album "Hackney Diamonds".
2023-10-19 New York City
2023-10-19 New York City
Elvis_Costello_stepped_out_in_a_black_leather_bomber_jacket-a-205_1697783849105.jpg (236.62 KiB) Viewed 33287 times
Photo credit: Getty Images/RS

Various press reports here:
Hollywood Reporter.
Daily Fail.
Variety.

MOOT
And No Coffee Table

Bob Dylan and His Band Took Toronto to Unexpected and Rewarding Places

"In the crowd, it was a multi-generational melange of die-hard vets and rich Toronto tourists. Elvis Costello and Diana Krall chatted amiably with anyone who wanted to bend their ears before the show began."
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
And No Coffee Table

This news is eight months late, but EC made an extremely brief return appearance on The Simpsons last May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMKTDw6tWOs
simpsons.jpg
simpsons.jpg (201.79 KiB) Viewed 16686 times