North - hit or miss pour moi????

Pretty self-explanatory
Gillibeanz

North - hit or miss pour moi????

Post by Gillibeanz »

Well I finally got round to getting my North Cd today so will have a listen later on and let you know what I think (for what its worth).

Not holding out much hope for it being on my top 10 list to take to that desert island or a rave review though..... :(
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Gilli, tell us what you think on the first listen then give it another 5 or 6 spins and report back. Don't quote me on this but I think the majority of people will learn to love this record given time.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

PlaythingOrPet wrote:Don't quote me on this but I think the majority of people will learn to love this record given time.
Bunny im sorry but I am going to quote you on this! I have listened to it at least 8 times now......

AND I LOVE IT!!!!!

I never thought I would but it really grows on you and there are some beautiful songs there. Well done Elvis for having the guts to do it and sod the critics who probably wont even give it a second listen - their loss!:roll:
Last edited by Gillibeanz on Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

If you can be won over, Gilli, then anyone can! Now, listen to it 2 or 3 times a week over the next month or so and you'll love it even more.

Cool... one of my theories is actaully working!
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

What a fall!!!! The season that is!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

i haven't been able to make it thru an entire listen yet. got to song 5 i think, and decided i had had enough for one evening. haven't made time to put it back on yet - too busy working over Trust and Get Happy!

gotta say, saw Still on Letterman, HATED it. ick. really wished that EC would stop and just let Steve play. (OH!!! such a traitor i am!)

guess it hasta grow on me. like fungus or something.

don't know when i'm going to have time to give it a real listen (or three). maybe this weekend?
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Poppet...I can only reiterate what I said on the ''North is it all bad?'' thread...I had to isolate myself by lying in bed in the dark with a walkman on listening to hear it.

That's what works for me when I need to listen to records but I guess evryone's different.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

The temps are dropping like the leaves, drive around with this one baby, it's PERFECT.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.