Van the Man

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
johnfoyle

Re: Van the Man

Post by johnfoyle »

Hear a track,That's Entrainment, from Vans forthcoming new album ; it sounds like the best thing he has done in ages -
http://prod.losthighwayrecords.com/arti ... 32&aid=248

http://tinyurl.com/yvrw66

(extract)

FIRST ALBUM OF ALL NEW MATERIAL IN TWO YEARS
Released: UK 17 MARCH 2008 / USA 1 APRIL 2008

London – on March 17, Exile Productions/Polydor Records will proudly release Keep It Simple, the new album from Van Morrison.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Went to pick up some wine at our local wine store today and there was a woman sitting outside the store listening to the album on full blast in her Jeep. Tall skinny brunette with long hair and tight jeans. I went inside, picked out a few bottles and she was in front of me in line, high on something (coke I think). Tossing around the f-word left and right, sitting on the checkout counter, babbling on about how she loved living in NYC but was bored up here in the sticks, raving about Van's new album. Out of her mind wasted. She bought a couple of bottles of very expensive Montrachet, popped back into her Jeep and drove off. So Van has at least one fan of his new album up in our neck of the woods.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Not that I've been keeping track, but I can't remember the last time I was excited about a new Van album (to the point where I'd be blasting it drunk in a Jeep). Maybe "Hymns to the Silence"? Anyway, your story ranks with the time I saw a very attractive young lady blasting the Smithereens' "The World We Know" from her car in 1992.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Me too for Hymns To The Silence. Some great stuff on there. Some dull stuff too. The sample above does indeed sound like real Van. It's been a long time.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more