Not Costello, But Just As Great

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
cigarandyak

Not Costello, But Just As Great

Post by cigarandyak »

A few days ago, UMGD released an awesome album of Morrissey's greatest hits. I had pre-ordered it, so I will received it in a few days. Check out the album and let me know what you think:

Amazon Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Hits-Del ... 968&sr=8-1

http://www.myspace.com/morrissey

Alex
Otis Westinghouse

Re: Not Costello, But Just As Great

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Cigar and yak? Weird, but I like it.

Any Morrissey is good, but that compilation is odd. Not truly 'greatest hits', and an odd definition of 'best of' (I Just Want To See The Boy Happy wouldn't fit either, I'd say), and leans too heavily on Ringleader. I'd stick with the original LPs. There are so many gems on the likes of Vauxhall and I (Now My Heart Is Full, for example) or Your Arsenal (You're Going To Need Someone On Your Side) that should be included.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
cigarandyak

Post by cigarandyak »

I actually have a very odd taste and I kinda agree, but I still think there are a lot of people who would totally dig the album.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I wouldn't have thought Morrissey needed a street team.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I would have thought there was a strict definition of Greatest Hits but then it doesn't work for the Champions League either!

Odd choices I agree. I would stick with buying the CD albums because each of them contains treasures or a great lyrical turn of phrase which makes buying the album worthwhile.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?