Georgy for Governor!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
A rope leash

Georgy for Governor!

Post by A rope leash »

Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Georgy seems cool!....and if my girlfriend can say that Arnold had one of the best bodies in bodybuilding history in awe....then I can allow myself to say that I'd like to slip my tube steak into Georgy.
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Rope, would you start a blog of your own? Can't think of why I personally would...
A rope leash

NO

Post by A rope leash »

My daily life is not interesting enough to write a blog. As we have seen in places like livejournal.com, most people who blog daily expose themselves as the self-centered cretins they actually are. I like to hide my cretinism.

Isn't message board writing a bit lke blogging? I sometimes think it is a waste of time.

As far as Georgy being electable, I'd trust her as much as I'd trust Arnold. What I don't trust is the system.

Read this:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0307/S00065.htm

...and tell me, why would anyone trust an electronic voting plan? Because of a hanging chad? Because computers are infallible?

Ah, blissful gullibility...
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Who'd be her rival though?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Uh... it was because I noticed Georgy's blog that I asked. I wouldn't know about Georgy either... she could just be a front -- the public face for some evil bastard.

While on the subject, I just had a think about it:

Possible pros:
-If you die, everyone can read your blog and remember what you were like.
-Your friends can be updated on your latest thoughts, might be entertained, and you can get feedback.
-Friends can keep track of the state of your mental health for your own good.
-It might get you used to being transparent and having nothing about your personality to hide or be embarrassed about, which might be a good habit in this age of our privacy being invaded.
-You can use it if you have a following, like Georgy.

Possible cons:
-Time consuming.
-You're severely exposing yourself! Obsessive nuts could be reading it and collecting information about you, and could stalk you.
-Although it might get you used to being transparent with your thoughts (unburdened by too many secrets etc), that could be detrimental also... it's like spilling out all of your psychic energy and perhaps 'throwing out the baby with the bathwater'... you could practice it without a blog.
-'Getting it all out' might not improve one's state of self-absorption anyway, if that was a problem to begin with. Why not write it in a private journal?
-If you die, everyone can read your blog and remember what you were like.
A rope leash

Blog date

Post by A rope leash »

Georgy was an actual candidate for Governor of CA in the recall election. I guess her rival would be Arnold.

Or didn't we decide that her rival was her alter ego?