Which Footie Club Pisses you off most?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.

Name the most irritating Football team ?

Man Utd
33%
Leeds
No votes
Arsenal
42%
Spurs
No votes
Chelsea
No votes
Liverpool
8%
Newcastle
No votes
Millwall
No votes
Any boring midlands club
17%
Any bigoted Glasgow club
No votes

Total votes: 12

Jackson Monk

Which Footie Club Pisses you off most?

Post by Jackson Monk »

I have a feeling who might win this....
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I have no idea what any of this is about, but I hate things that are boring. And didn't Manchester sign a boy from New Jersey? So they are my favorite.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

List of clubs I hate...

West Ham most of all, (cos of stupid family members)
Alloa Athletic almost as much, (cos my dad raised me to)
West Bromwich Albion (cos of Wolves)
Birmingham City (cos of their scummy fans that spit on old people)
Morton (cos they're dirty and vicious)
Swindon (cos they've got a shit ground/town/fans/life)
Barnsley (cos they've got big mouths and a crap town)
Huddersfield (see Barnsley)

I also hate a few teams irregularly, for the odd defeat or something, but I like both the Old Firm surprisingly... It's hard to hate teams with less than 1000 fans...except Alloa (boo) and Morton (hiss).

Hating clubs is one of the best things about football...
Last edited by laughingcrow on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

LC

I can't stand Leicester for similar reasons to why you hate Birmingham. Although in Leicester's case, its the amount of racist fans they have - ironic considering that they have such a large Asian population.

I nearly got into a fight once at Filbert St when i spotted this bloke gobbing at a man of Asian backgound three rows in front. I challenged him and not one of those wankers in that stand backed me up. :x
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Although Manu are quite annoying at the moment my long time hates have been Tottenarghhh and Liverpool, one due to local rivalry and the other due to continual success and boring football when I was growing up on top of the media's love affair with the team and their chirpy scouse fans. I have voted for Liverpool.

1. Liverpool - see above + I got jumped there in about 1981 and got my head kicked in. Wembley 1971, 1979 and Anfield 1989 are three of my top three footballing moments ever.

2. Tottenham - Hate them because they're scum. No longer a threat on the field, they seem to be run by misguided businessmen looking for a profit but who have obviously picked the wrong club. Can see them going the way Wimbledon and finding a new home (probably in Finland).

3. Manchester Utd - Never really hated them in the past (it was always fun watching them win nothing but the occasional FA Cup for year after year), however sir rouge face's big mouth has not endeared them to my heart.

4. Luton Town - Ever since they had a plastic pitch and banned all away fans in the early eighties, the lower they fall the better.

5. Orient - Can't remember why but I've always hated them.
signed with love and vicious kisses
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Forgot about Dirty Leeds, aleays hated them since the seventies, having quite a good laugh at them now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Where's Storm?
signed with love and vicious kisses
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Do you indeed, Mr Monk, well they're even so far!

Sorry SLL, there's only one team I can choose. Historically cos they were always tedious when I was growing up, and now because they think they're better than they are, they have a manager who encourages them to attack Man Utd players, and they're shit in Europe. And because I'm fed up with hearing them in pubs in north London cheering when another side scores against MU.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Arsenal by a long chalk. Well named club - don't know why they bothered to put the 'nal' on the end. :?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Come on, it's impossible not to like Liverpool and everyone knows it. Except SoL. Their only "crime" is playing a bit of boring football :wink: and being the most successful English club ever. I'm not suprised you had an encounter there, SoL - it was 1981 after all.

You know who I voted for.
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

so lacklustre wrote: Tottenham - Can see them going the way Wimbledon and finding a new home (probably in Finland)
Now, now SLL....remember, we are the ONLY North London Club who actually originated in North London. Go back to Woolwich !

Agree about Livepool though...esp that team of the late 80s with their Anfield Rap and their shellsuits. John Aldridge was an arrogant git.
Last edited by Jackson Doofster on Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

The Denver Broncos!
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I don't know much about football but I picked Manchester United for a few reasons.

1. David Beckham
2. Sir Alex Ferguson
3. They're sore winners.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

What's wrong with Beckham? - top bloke I think!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

a) he's married to Posh Spice
b) most of the publicity about him has nothing to do with football and everything to do with advert campaigns, his marriage, his personal life, injuring his face, etc.

I hate him for the same reasons I hate Shaquille O'Neal.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Personally i admire the man. He has millions of pounds, a glamorous lifestyle and can have any (almost) woman that he wants. The pressures on him are huge (if self-inflicted at times). Yet he still keeps himself fit, doesn't drink, smoke or take drugs. He seems to have stayed faithful to his wife (who I grant you is a bit rough) and loves and places a great focus on his children. Can't think of many people in his position whom you could say that about. He's a working class boy done good and he deserves all he has.

Add to this the fact that he is a very under-rated footballer - probabaly the best crosser/dead ball kicker in the world and easily the hardest working player in the England side. I think he's cool and a better role model than most footballers. Gawd bless you Becks!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

He's also got some really fetching bodyart :? and what a dress sense.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Blue, it will be news to you, but MU sold Becks to Real Madrid this summer, ergo you should admire MU, not vote against them. Tread softly, for you tread on our dreams. Nice photos in Hello of the happy couple in and around the Plaza del Oriente. I'm dead happy he's a hit at Madrid. they're thrilled with him, it was a good career move, it was then or never, and I hope it will enhance his stature for England.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Can anything enhance his stature for england more, save him shacking up with the Queen? All he's got to do is follow-through and it's back-page news...