June 27 2009
Presented By:
Actors Scene Unseen
130 North Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
Price:
$30 - $35

Show Description
Actors Scene Unseen, in association with Piper Glen Ballroom, is proud to present the premiere of the world’s first ballroom dance book musical, Imperial Ballroom. Inspired by the music and incisive lyrics of pop star Elvis Costello, Imperial Ballroom takes you backstage at a ballroom dance studio as you follow the lives and loves of instructors and students preparing for the competition of a lifetime in New York City. Hearts are won and hearts are broken, but these dancers never miss a beat as their stories twist and turn around each other. High drama mixes with amazing dance sequences that will leave you breathless and on your feet!

Imperial Ballroom features Ballroom dance choreography by Taliat Tarsinov who is world renowned for his work with professional dancers on Dancing with the Stars and the International Ballroom Dance Competiton Scene. Imperial Ballroom is a sensuous experience with direction by award-winning director Dr. Elizabeth Peterson-Vita and production designs by Broadway trained designer James Vita. Imperial Ballroom will change your notions of Ballroom Dancing, Club Dancing, and Rock 'n' Roll music forever.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.