Starsailor

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

Starsailor

Post by BlueChair »

I liked their first album a lot, until I bought it, and found myself rarely listening to it.

I'm having a similar reaction to the new stuff (some of which is produced by Phil Spector), but am not sure if I were to purchase their new album if it would result in the same fate as their first album.

With that said "Four To The Floor" is a really cool song off of their new album.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Yeah, it's all ok...problem with it I think, is it's just ok.

For Starsailor, read Idlewild, Turin Brakes, Lowgold...but the real daddies of wimprock...gotta be Travis!

Buy their new album, 12 memories, instead Bluey!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I think Starsailor is the sort of band that will take a few albums to find their niche. Travis found it with their last album, The Invisible Band, which is fantastic. I've heard 12 Songs. I should pick it up at some point, though it didn't have the same initial impact for me as The Invisible Band.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Did you not like The Man Who then Blue? That was great...
their first one, Good Feeling is pretty cool too (more rocky).