Elvis & The Sugarcanes, San Sebastian (Spain), July, 2010

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis & The Sugarcanes, San Sebastian (Spain), July, 2010

Post by sweetest punch »

http://translate.google.be/translate?hl ... start%3D30

Within the schedule of 45 Heineken Jazzaldia be musical greats as Patti Smith, Kris Kristofferson, Elvis Costello & The Sugarcane, Mayer Hawthorne, Brazilian guitarist Toquinho and several names of the highlights of India such as The Very Best and The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
The imposter

Re: Elvis & The Sugarcanes, San Sebastian (Spain), July, 201

Post by The imposter »

:D :D :D

What delight! Elvis returning to my doorstep..Guess he must have liked the San Sebastian food and hospitality. Seeing Elvis & Toussaint perform in that crowded plaza in 2005, is one of my fondest memories of EC performances.

I was considering making a treck to the UK for 1 or 2 of the dates, but with the announcement of Santiago and now this..my budget probably won't stretch..The chance to see Kris Kristofferson seems also too good to miss..
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

The imposter wrote::D :D :D

Seeing Elvis & Toussaint perform in that crowded plaza in 2005, is one of my fondest memories of EC performances.
meant to say 2007. Forgive my over excitement!
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

2005 was Bilbao..Yow! :)
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

Newspapers here today confirm the news..Dates, venues to be announced 15 April. Tickets on sale 19 April. Festival runs from 21-25. Typically in 3 or more different locations.

Local paper also speculates that EC & Kris Kristofferson may "share the same stage" although whether that will be during the same performance remains to be seen...
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

tickets for all the festival acts available here

http://www.generaltickets.com/kutxa/ind ... .kutxa.net

EC & Sugarcanes is 45 Euros, Couldn't find any confirmation, but I expect its in the same (Plaza Trinidad) as 2007. Holds about 1500 + a few more hanging off the walls. They put a few seats in at the back of what they call a "fronton" but it's a back yard basically!

Good atmos though and standing room at the front.

I think Kris Kristofferson is on the same bill as Elvis..good chance of a collaboration here ?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The concert of Elvis is going to be broadcast on Radio 3: http://www.rtve.es/radio/20100722/radio ... 0724.shtml

El mejor jazz, imprescindible
Una de las grandes citas del género es el Festival de Jazz de San Sebastián, que cumple 45 ediciones. Este jueves, 22 de julio, Radio 3 ofrece a las 22:00 horas un programa especial con la actuación de Christian Scott.

La emisora seguirá de cerca todos los sonidos de San Sebastián hasta el cierre del festival, el domingo 25 de julio, cuando emitirá un especial, a las 22:30 horas, con la retransmisión del concierto de Elvis Costello.

Mientras tanto, el Festival de Jazz de San Javier continúa su andadura hasta el 28 de julio. A partir de las 22:00 horas, Rodolfo Poveda conduce en Radio 3 el especial dedicado a esta cita, en el que se podrá escuchar a grandes del jazz como James Carter y Women of Chicago (23 de julio), y Dhafer Youssef Quartet, Barrelhouse Chuck y Luis Coloma Quintetos (día 24).

Es la 13ª edición de un festival que este año está dedicado a Willy Deville y que ha traido a la localidad murciana a artistas de la talla de Dr. John, Chris Isaak o Avishai Cohen.

Google translation:

The best jazz, essential
One of the major events of the genre is the Festival de Jazz de San Sebastian, who turns 45 editions. This Thursday, July 22, Radio 3 offered at 22:00 a special program with performances by Christian Scott.

The station will monitor all the sounds of San Sebastian to closing the festival on Sunday July 25 when a particular issue, at 22:30 pm with the broadcast of the concert by Elvis Costello.

Meanwhile, the Festival de Jazz de San Javier continues his journey until 28 July. From 22:00 pm, Rodolfo Poveda Radio 3 leads in the special dedicated to this appointment, which you can listen to jazz greats such as James Carter and Women of Chicago (23 July) and Dhafer Youssef Quartet Barrelhouse Chuck and Luis Coloma Quintets (day 24).

It is the 13th edition of a festival this year is dedicated to Willy Deville and has brought to the town of Murcia to the likes of Dr. John, or Chris Isaak Avishai Cohen
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Elvis's concert will be broadcast on Radio 3: http://www.rtve.es/radio/radio3/
Is there someone in Spain who is going to record the FM-broadcast?
Is there someone amongst us who is going to record the stream? (player: http://www.rtve.es/radio/radio3-endirecto/ ). I tried but could not capture it.
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

I'll be at the show, and a friend will record the radio broadcast. It's also likely that a TV broadcast will emerge later.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The imposter wrote:I'll be at the show, and a friend will record the radio broadcast. It's also likely that a TV broadcast will emerge later.
Great!
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

i'll try and get the setlist up tomorrow and a few words....
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The concert has been broadcasted / streamed: http://www.rtve.es/radio/radio3/
There was also a very, very annoying DJ who speaks through the concert !!! :cry:

Songs played:
Mystery Train
Blame It On Caine
Down Among The Wines And Spirits
New Amsterdam / Hide Your Love Away
Good Year For The Roses
Complicated Shadows
Red Shoes
Poor Borrowed Dress
The Delivery Man
Jimmy Standing In The Rain
A Slow Drag With Josephine
Friend Of The Devil
Everyday I Write The Book
Don't Lie To Me
-------------------
She
This Old Road (duet with Kris Kristofferson)
Pilgrim (sung by Kris Kristofferson)
April 5th (Duet with Kris Kristofferson)
--------------------
Sulphur To Sugarcane
Alison
Happy
Last edited by sweetest punch on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 12 times in total.
krm

Post by krm »

[quote="sweetest punch"]The concert is now being broadcasted: http://www.rtve.es/radio/radio3/
There is also a very, very annoying DJ who speaks through the concert !!! :cry:

a tiny addition:
Alison/the wind cries mary(Hendrix)/over the rainbow

Thanks for the tip! Nice soundtrack to end the sunday with!
Nice work sweetest punch!
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

And here's a picture from San Sebastian:

--Paul--
Now put on your ironic dancing shoes
And dig my brand new rhythm and hues:
https://www.paulinglis.org
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.abc.es/agencias/noticia.asp?noticia=465856

Ana Burgueño San Sebastián, 25 jul EFE.-
El Festival de Jazz de San Sebastián se ha clausurado hoy con un viaje a las raíces de la música negra de la mano de Jessye Norman y una doble mirada sobre el country, la de Kris Kristofferson, en solitario, y la de Elvis Costello, que con The Sugarcanes ha recorrido además rutas nada campestres.

Pero también ha habido puesta en común, con Costello y Kristoferson cantando juntos en la plaza de la Trinidad para sorpresa de la audiencia que hacía una hora que había despedido al actor y cantautor estadounidense y se estaba preparando para los bises con el británico.

Costello y los seis integrantes de The Sugarcanes han ejercido de anfitriones para el protagonista de "Ha nacido una estrella", que había repasado algunas de sus canciones más conocidas solo su guitarra, y al que le esperaban tres más en compañía.

"Ha nacido un nuevo grupo", anunciaba Costello, tras recordar que los dos ya habían vivido una experiencia similar con Rosanne Cash, en televisión, y bromear sobre el posible nombre del grupo, si KCC o CCK.

"Pilgrim: Chapter 33" y "This Old Road", de Kristofferson, precedieron a una hermosísima "April 5th", que firman ambos junto a la hija de Jonnhy Cash.

El público del Festival seguramente habría agradecido la fundación de esta alianza al comienzo de la velada, en que se formaron algunos corrillos, ajenos por completo a lo que ocurría en el escenario durante la actuación un tanto monótona de Kristofferson.

El actor, de 74 años, estuvo en San Sebastián junto con un amigo con el que viajaba en autostop en 1958, cuando un "chiquito" costaba una peseta, según ha comentado él mismo por la tarde a los periodistas, a los que ha dicho que Jonnhy Cash "era mejor que nadie, más grande que la vida".

Hoy ha regresado para cantar, entre otras, "Bobby McGee", "Help me make it trough the night", "Nobody Wins" o "Sunday morning coming down", de su lista de éxitos, y "From here to forever", de su último álbum, "Closer to the bone", así como "Sandinista", que ha ido precedida como otras de proclamas sociales y antibélicas.

Antes de llamar a Kristofferson al escenario, Costello y The Sugarcanes habían dicho un primer adiós con "Don't lie to me" y un bis con "She". Tras los dúos con el cantautor, otra pequeña tanda, que incluyó Alison.

El resto del repertorio contó con "Mystery train", en la apertura, "Blame it on cain", "Down among the wines and spirits", "Slow drag with Josephine" y una docena más de temas en otro estupendísimo concierto de Costello, el segundo en el Jazzaldia en tres años.

Google translation:
Ana Burgueño San Sebastián, July 25 EFE .-
El Festival de Jazz de San Sebastián closed today with a trip to the roots of black music from the hand of Jessye Norman and a double vision of the country, that of Kris Kristofferson alone, and Elvis Costello, who has toured with The Sugarcane also nothing countryside routes.

There have also been sharing with Kristoferson Costello and singing together in the Plaza de la Trinidad to the surprise of the audience for an hour he had dismissed the actor and American singer and was preparing for an encore with the British.

Costello and the six members of The Sugarcane have exercised hosts for the protagonist of "A Star Is Born," which had reviewed some of his best known songs just his guitar, and he waited three more in the company.

"A new group is born," announced Costello, recalling that the two had had a similar experience with Rosanne Cash, on television, and joking about the possible name of the group when KCC or CCK.

'Pilgrim: Chapter 33 "and" This Old Road "by Kristofferson preceded a gorgeous" April 5th ", which has been signed both by the daughter of Jonnhy Cash.

Festival audiences would surely have appreciated the foundation of this alliance at the beginning of the evening, which formed some circles, completely unaware of what was happening on stage during the performance of Kristofferson somewhat monotonous.

The actor, 74, was in San Sebastian with a friend who was traveling on hitchhiking in 1958, when a "kid" cost a quarter, as he commented in the afternoon to reporters, who said that Jonnhy Cash "was better than one, larger than life."

Today is back to sing, including "Bobby McGee", "Help me make it trough the night", "Nobody Wins" or "Sunday morning coming down" from his list of successes, and "From here to forever" from his latest album, "Closer to the bone" and "Sandinista", which has been preceded as other social and anti-war proclamations.

Before calling Kristofferson on stage, Costello and The sugarcane had the first good-bye with "Do not lie to me" and an encore with "She." Following duets with the singer, another small batch, which included Alison.

The rest of the code had "Mystery Train", at the opening, "Blame it on Cain", "Down Among the wines and spirits", "Slow drag with Josephine" and a dozen other tracks in concert estupendísimo Costello, Jazzaldia the second in three years.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The imposter

Post by The imposter »

Arrived in San Sebastian around 3pm to have a stroll along the beach and sample some of the great wines and pintxos (snacks) in the old town.

Checked back at the venue around 6pm where the band could be heard soundchecking "All Time Doll" and "April 5th" Then we had an unexpected treat. Kris Kristofferson appeared after the soundcheck to give an interview to a handful of local press in the street outside. I was able to greet him myself, get in on the interview and even ask a couple of questions.

He began by speaking about his 1st visit to San Sebastian in 1958. He hitched a lift into town from a woman who recommended that he try "Chipirones en su tinta" (Cuttlefish in black ink) He said it looked disgusting but he was too drunk to care very much.

A couple more anecdotes followed about his fond memories of the city before the subject turned to Johnny Cash.

At this point one of the "hacks" present needlessly, impolitely and stupidly opined that "Johnny was better than you" to which Kris selflessly acknowledged that Cash was "better than most and larger than life itself"

I thought it was pertinent to mention at this juncture that Kris had written some of Johnny's favourite songs in particular "Here Comes That Rainbow Again"

He then went on to speak about some of his movie experiences and how he managed to balance 2 different careers. He replied "by being true to himself and honest"

I'll not go into too much detail here but he went on for another 20 mins or so talking about various movies such as "Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid" & "Convoy" before speaking with great affection about Jeff Bridges, T- Bone Burnett and the guitarist Steve Bruton. He said he found it difficult to watch the film "Crazy Heart" as Steve died around this time.

Kris was anxious to take a walk with his son around the town to see if it had changed much over the years, but before leaving he revealed that he would be joining Elvis for 3 songs in the encore and that he was really nervous about messing this up!

I assured him it would be fine, shook his hand and wished him a pleasant stay.

More to come tomorrow about the gig, the exclusive duet and a short conversation with Elvis after the show.

Still absorbing and recovering from a thrilling day out.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

See a small video of this performance: http://www.eitb.com/cultura/musica/deta ... -donostia/
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.diariovasco.com/v/20100727/c ... 00727.html

Érase una vez en el oeste

A media tarde del domingo se oyó por la Parte Vieja donostiarra un dúo de cantantes que estalló en carcajadas tras un par de temas. Era un desenfadado mano a mano entre el bardo tejano Kris Kristofferson y su más joven colega británico Elvis Costello, que ensayaban el encuentro público que ofrecerían horas después; la gran exclusiva del Heineken Jazzaldia en su clausura.

Kristofferson holló por primera vez un escenario al sur del Pirineo la noche anterior en Cataluña, con lo que la novedad era total. Aunque resultó que se había enamorado de Donostia en 1958, a sus 22 años, cuando aun no era cantante profesional. Hasta recordaba los «chipirones en su tinto» y cuando el txikito costaba una peseta. Ya en concierto, y sobrevolando la plaza la expectación de ver en vivo a una figura de la música usamericana, el cantante-actor tejió en solitario y con el simple apoyo de su guitarra, y a ratos la armónica, un relajado recital.

El Billy the Kid de la película de Sam Peckinpah oteaba la 'Trini' con sus azules ojillos de viejo zorro y cantaba sereno, seguro, con su otrora voz honda ahora lógicamente más gastada por la vida. Y como si de deshacer entuertos se tratara, arranca sus recitales con 'Shipwrecked in the 80s', contra la agresión bélica de la administración de su país en Irak. ¿Quién dijo que el country era inevitablemente ultraconservador y chauvinista?

Kristofferson insistiría en sus proclamas contra el militarismo USA con 'The Circle', sobre la lucha en Argentina contra las desapariciones de la junta militar golpista. Y pareció incluso rozar lo panfletario cuando explicó las hazañas militaristas de su ejército contra la Nicaragua sandinista de Daniel Ortega. El casi abuelo septagenario es un convencido activista. Entre medio, se pudieron escuchar 'Darby's Castle', la esperada 'Bobby McGee', 'Here Comes That Rainbow, 'Casey's Last Ride', 'Nobody Wins' y otras íntimas composiciones, despedidas por la emotiva 'For the Good Times', 'Please Don't Tell Me How the Story Ends' y 'Moment of Forever'.

Prosiguió la noche con el show del gafapastas Costello, que arrancó airoso con el límpido apoyo de sus Sugarcanes. Patrick Declan MacManus es uno de los camaleones más hábiles y convincentes del pop mundial y si antes fue ya 'King of America' en la portada de un disco, ahora es el príncipe del 'bluegrass' y el 'country'. Ha sustituido a Los Atracciones o Los Impostores por estos nuevos Cañas de Azúcar que dominan a la perfección las herramientas campestres y trabajan en conjuntado formato grupal. Más que desgranar su novedad vaquera 'Secret, profane & sugarcane', el londinense y los suyos repasaron una parte sustancial del viejo cancionero pop del maestro, pero revisitándolo en formato 'western'.
'Mystery Train', 'Blame It On Cain', 'Down Among the Wines and Spirits' (con mención de Elvis a su propio padre), un 'New Amsterdam' fundido con el 'You've Got To Hide Your Love Away' beatle, 'Good Year for the Roses' y otras gemas supieron a gloria campestre. 'Everyday I Write the Book', 'Don't Lie to Me' y 'She' rubricaron el set. El esperado dúo KK-EC se hizo canción en 'This Old Road', The Pilgrim: Chapter 33' y 'April 5th'. Entrañable. Y después, Costello cerró con 'Sulphur to Sugarcane', 'Alison' y 'Happy'. La luna llena gozaba feliz desde su cielo con semejante fiesta de despedida.

Google translation:

A Sunday afternoon party was heard by the Old San Sebastian a singing duo that broke out in laughter after a couple of issues. It was a carefree hand in hand to the bard Texan Kris Kristofferson and his British colleague younger Elvis Costello, who rehearsed the public meeting that would provide hours later, the great exclusive Jazzaldia Heineken in its closure.
Kristofferson first trod the stage south of the Pyrenees in Catalonia last night, so the novelty was complete. Although it turned out that was in love with Donostia in 1958, at 22, she still was not a professional singer. To remember the "squid in their ink" and when the txikito cost a penny. Live longer, flying the expectation of the square to see live music a figure of Americans, the singer-actor wove both solo and with the support of only his guitar, harmonica and sometimes a relaxed recital.

The Billy the Kid in Sam Peckinpah's film oteaba the 'Trini' with little eyes of blue and sang old fox serene, safe, with his deep voice once more logically now worn for life. And as if it were right wrongs, starts his concerts with "Shipwrecked in the 80's, war of aggression against the administration of their country in Iraq. Who said the country was inevitably ultra-conservative and chauvinist?

Kristofferson insist on his proclamations against U.S. militarism 'The Circle', on the struggle against disappearances in Argentina military junta coup. And even seemed to verge on the pamphlet when he explained the military exploits of his army against Nicaragua's Sandinista Daniel Ortega. Nearly grandfather septagenario activist is convinced. In between, could be heard 'Darby's Castle', expected 'Bobby McGee', 'Here Comes That Rainbow, "Casey's Last Ride', 'Nobody Wins' and other intimate compositions, fired by the emotive" For the Good Times' 'Please Do not Tell Me How the Story Ends "and" Moment of Forever'.

Evening continued with the show of gafapastas Costello, who started with the clear graceful support of sugarcane. Declan Patrick MacManus is one of the most able and convincing chameleons of the pop world was as if by 'King of America' on an album cover, now is the prince of 'bluegrass' and 'country'. Has replaced the Attractions and the Imposters by these new rods Sugar dominate the countryside and improving the tools work together in group format. Rather than shelling its novelty cowboy 'Secret, profane & sugarcane', the London and his men went over a substantial part of old pop songs of the master, but revisiting in a 'western'.

'Mystery Train', 'Blame It On Cain', 'Down Among the Wines and Spirits' (with reference to his own father Elvis), a 'New Amsterdam' merged with the 'You've Got To Hide Your Love Away' Beatles, 'Good Year for the Roses "and other gems tasted glory countryside. 'Everyday I Write the Book', 'Do not Lie to Me' and 'She' initialed the set. The duo hoped KK-song CD was made on 'This Road Old', The Pilgrim: Chapter 33 'and' April 5th. " Endearing. And then, Costello closed 'to Sugarcane Sulphur', 'Alison' and 'Happy'. The full moon from the sky enjoyed happy with such a farewell party.
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

http://www.gara.net/paperezkoa/20100727 ... ate-plazak

Helburu zintzoa agertu du Costellok, eta berarengan sinesten du Trinitate plazak
Trinitate plazari aurreko egunetako aulkiak kendu, bertan hiru mila lagunetik gora bildu eta bukaera ezin hobea eman zioten herenegun Jazzaldiari Kris Kristofferson eta Elvis Costello musika izarrek. Zinema eta musikako cowboy zaharrak bakarka burutu zuen emanaldia, gitarra lagun; eta britainiar amerikartuak, aldiz, zazpikote zoragarrian, guztiz akustiko eta sonoritate magikoarekin. Gainera, elkarrekin hiru abesti joz borobildu zuten festa.

Anartz BILBAO | DONOSTIA

Bagenekien talentu handiko gizona zela –gurean erakutsia duenez, behin baino sarriago–, baina oraindik ere jarraitzaile sutsuenak harritzeko gai da Elvis Costello plazagizon trebea.

Herenegun Jazzaldiari bukaera eman zion, zazpikotean, Nashville inguruan jotzen duten eskarmentu handiko musikariekin The Sugarcanes osatuta. Euskal eszenako makina bat artista aurkitu genuen berari so, eta baten batek zoragarria iritzi zion entzundako zuzenekoari, orain hiru urtekoa baino hobea. Eta antolakuntzari urtero Jazzaldia ixteko Costello ekartzeko eskatu behar geniola proposatu zuenik ere bada.

Baina Trinitate plazako festa Kris Kristofferson zaharrak ireki zuen, bakarlari. Atsegin agertu zen gizona, gerraren kontrako aldarrikapenak egin zituen eta bere kanturik ezagun eta gustukoenak, ‘Me & Bobby McGee’ –hasi eta gutxira–, ‘Help me Make it Through the Night’, edo kasik bukatzeko, ‘For the Good Times’ (gerora Johnny Cash herenegun gogoratuak berak grabatu zuena), txandakatu zituen ‘Closer to the Bone’ azken lanekoekin.

Tamalez, zale amorratu batzuek izan ezik, jende askok ez zion kasu handirik egin goitik behera beltzez agertu zen morroiari, eta bere jarduna astun samarra edo gutxienez laua ere egin zitzaion baten bati. Deigarria da, bestalde, ‘zaleek’ zuzenekoetan kontu kontari jarduteko duen erraztasuna, Trinitate erdian paratu eta albokoei beren oporrak ozen kontatzera iristeraino! Aurreko batean Jazzaldiko zuzendariak berak ere ohartarazi zuen kontu horretaz bere blogean –eta kazetarioi ere gauza bera gertatzen zaigu prentsaurrekoetan, Dave Hollandek emandakoan, kasu–.

Baina bueltatu gaitezen Declan Patrick MacManus (London, 1954), Elvis Costello ezagunaren eskaintza zirraragarrira. Orain hiru urte ekitaldi grinatsu eta festa girokoa eman zigun morroiak –Allen Toussaint handiarekin batera, “The River in Reverse” aurkezteko– askoz proposamen finagoa aurkeztu zigun atzo, ñabardura aberatsez betea, “Secret, Profane and Sugarcane” (2009, Hear Music) akustikoan jo eta country soinuetara hurbilduta. Horretarako, Jerry Douglas (dobroa) –munduan den dobro jotzailerik bikainenetakoa omen–, Jim Lauderdale (gitarra eta ahotsa), Dennis Crouch (kontrabaxua), Mike Compton (mandolina), Stuart Duncan (arrabita) eta Jeff Taylor (soinua) amerikarrak izan zituen bidelagun, ez da gutxi. Eta gure belarrietarako gozoa eta nabarmentzekoa azken bien lana, hastapenetako Costelloren kantuak berrasmatu eta soinuz aberastu zituztelako. A ze gaitasuna, edozein moldetara egokitu eta borobil emateko.

‘Mystery Train’ Menphiseko klasikoak ireki zuen gaua –bere garaian Brian Setzer edo beste Elvisek, Presleyk ere jo zuten– eta cowboy estiloan emandako azken laneko zenbait kantu ‘Down Among the Wines and Spirits’, ‘Complicated Shadows’ eta ‘Sulphur the Sugarcane’, hau da, bluegrass moldekoak, “My Aim is True” (1977, Stiff Records) debut laneko beste batzuekin tartekatu zituen: ‘Blame It on Cain’ edo ‘Red Shoes’. Eta tartean, adibidez, ‘Good Year for the Roses’, ‘Brilliant Mistake’ –‘King of America” lanekoa–, ‘Friend of the Devil’ edo ‘The Delivery Man’.

Costellok jarduna bukatu zuenean, Kristofferson laguna oholtzara gonbidatu eta, gaueko unerik hunkigarrienean, hiru kantu jo zituzten elkarrekin (lagunak dira biak, baina sekula jendaurrean bikotean agertu gabeak ziren, inoiz elkarrekin grabatu izan duten arren). Kristoffersonen ‘Pilgrim: Ch. 33’ eta ‘This Old Road’ kantuekin hasi eta, Trinitatean sortu berria zuten taldea KCC edo CCK deituta –Kristofferson, Cash, Costello edo alderantziz–, Rossane Cashekin hirukotean sortu zuten ‘April 5th’-ekin agurtu gintuzten. Rossaneren aita ere, beltzezko gizona, bertan zen espirituz.

Aurretik, nola ez, ‘Allison’-i beste behin bere helburua zintzoa zela agertu zion. Sinesten dizugu gizona, «we believe in you!».

Bost egun trinko eta borobilen ostean etxerako bidean eta oraindik txundituta, Bifunk jo eta su aurkitu genuen oraindik Frigo Gunean, musikariak kamiseta laranjaz jantzita. Ehunka gutxi batzuk zituzten aurrean dantza eta dantza, oraindik festa gogoz, pentsa!

Ehun milatik gora

Diru publikoa erabiltzen denean, erabiltzaile kopurua garrantzitsua izan ohi da agintarientzako, eta pozik zen atzo Jazzaldiko antolakuntza taldea, zuzenekoetan ehun mila lagunetik gora bildu direlako –beraien esanetan–. Musika zaleak baina, beste irizpide batzuei jarraitzen die jaialdiak aseta utzi ote duen neurtzeko, eta hor ere, aldekoa da balorazioa.

Eta Elvis Costellok bere jarduna ‘Happy’ abestiarekin itxi bazuen –The Rolling Stonesen kantua–, pozik agertu zen Miguel Martin jaialdiko zuzendaria ere, «ia aurreikuspen eta gurari guztiak bete» zituztelako ustean. Atzo bertan, Heineken Jazzaldia mututu eta biharamunean egindako balorazioan esan zituen hitzok. Ehun mila lagunetik gora hurbildu da, beraz, jaialdiaz gozatzera eta, zuzendariaren aburuz, musikarien erantzun artistikoa ere kasik borobila izan da. Aurten berrikuntza gisara burutu diren zuzeneko sekretuei buruz, datorren urtean ere jarraituko dutela aurreratu zuten atzo jaialdiko arduradunek, aurreneko aldia zuten honetan zale andana bildu ez duten arren. Gainera, Donostiako Kulturako zinegotzi Denis Itxasoren ustez, «egitarau bikainaz gain, garatzen den kokapenek eman diote arrakasta Jazzaldiari».

Gogoratu, Trinitate plazako kontzertuak TVEko La2 kateak grabatu ditu, eta abuztuaren 17tik abuztuaren 31ra bitartean gauerdi aldera emango dituzte.

GOOGLE TRANSLATION

Costello has expressed an honest purpose, and believe in him of the Trinity Square
Trinity Square the previous days, remove the chairs, which gathered more than three thousand people and was the perfect end Kris Kristofferson and Elvis Costello herenegun JAZZALDIA music stars. Films made in the screening and isolation of old cowboy music, guitar, friends, and the British amerikartuak, however, zazpikote wonderful, magical sound and completely acoustic. In addition, each playing three songs completed the party.

BILBAO Anartz | SAN SEBASTIAN

We knew that a man of great talent in our shows, more often than once, but is still capable of surprising fans sutsuenak Elvis Costello plazagizon ability.

Herenegun JAZZALDIA the end, zazpikotean, veteran Nashville musicians who played on the Sugarcanes made. Basque artists stage a machine, so we found him, and he listened to opinions of a great live better now than three years. And organization of the annual Jazz Festival to bring the request to close the geniola Costello managed a whole is also proposed.

But Kris Kristofferson old festival was inaugurated by the Plaza de la Trinidad, soloist. Like to be the man, against the demands of the war, he and his well-known and favorite song, 'Me & Bobby McGee' and just started, 'Help Me Make It Through the Night', or almost complete, 'For the Good Times' ( later recorded by Johnny Cash was remembered herenegun), toggle the 'Closer to the Bone' last professional.

Unfortunately, except for some avid fans, not many people gave much attention to the wizard appears in black from top to bottom, and its activity was also heavy, relatively flat, or at least to an. Is striking, however, 'fans' direct action account tells the ease of the Trinity, and put half of their holiday side iristeraino tell aloud! A previous director of the Jazz Festival in his blog and warned that this question is the same thing happens kazetarioi press conference, Dave Holland granted, case.

But let us return to Declan Patrick MacManus (London, 1954), offers fascinating well-known Elvis Costello. Now three years old and passionate event wizard-party atmosphere gave us a great Allen Toussaint, "The River in Reverse" to present proposals for a much finer-presented to us yesterday, filled with rich hues, "Secret, Sugarcane and Profane" (2009, Hear Music), acoustic hurbilduta to the country sounds. To this end, Jerry Douglas (Dobro)-say-the world's most brilliant jotzailerik Dobro, Jim Lauderdale (vocals and guitar), Dennis Crouch (bass), Mike Compton (mandolin), Stuart Duncan (arrabitari) and Jeff Taylor (sound) in the United States accompanies, not less. And to highlight the last in our ear and makes them work, early Costello and reinvented the songs did sound improved. What a capacity to adapt to any mold and needed.

'Mystery Train' classic emanwen he opened his night-time, or Brian Setzer Elvis, Presley went to the cowboy-style and work some of the last song 'Down Among the Wines and Spirits', 'Complicated Shadows' and the 'Sugarcane of the Sulphur' This is Bluegrass moldekoak, "My Aim Is True" (1977, Stiff Records) debut in alternation with others at work: 'Blame It on Cain' or 'Red Shoes'. And between, like, 'Good Year for the Roses', 'Brilliant Mistake' - 'King of America "-work,' Friend of the Devil 'or' The Delivery Man."

Costello had finished practice, and Kristofferson's guest oholtzara night hunkigarrienean moments, three songs were considered together (both are friends, but never appeared in public without the partner, but that was never recorded together). Kristoffersonen 'Pilgrim Ch. 33 'and' This Old Road 'and the songs started, the Trinity was to create a new group called KCC or CCK-Kristofferson, Cash, or vice-Costello, Cash Rossane trio was' we were greeted with 5th' April. Rossaneren father, the black man, was in the spirit.

Prior to this, of course, the 'i-Allison' once appeared that his aim was good. We believe in man, "we believe in you!."

Five days after the home circle, and compact and still fascinated by the way, we still found his Mini and Bifunk to the site, musicians dressed in orange T-shirt. And dancing in front of a few hundreds were still an active party, think!

More than a hundred thousand

When using public funds, the number of users is important agintarientzako, and yesterday was a happy group of Jazz organization, gathered more than live a hundred thousand people-are-they said. Music fans, but other criteria, the festival will continue to measure whether aseta left, and there also is a favorable rating.

Elvis Costello and the activity of 'Happy' had closed the song-singing-The Rolling Stones, Michael Martin expressed satisfaction with the festival director, "almost met all the expectations and desire" did think so. Yesterday, the day after the assessment of the Heineken Jazz Festival and Mute hitzok he said. One hundred thousand people will come up, so enjoy the festival and, according to the director, musicians, artistic response has been almost round. As a novelty this year have taken place directly on the secret, they will continue next year, also advanced yesterday to the heads of the festival, this was the first time fans have not even met numerous. In addition, the San culture abroad that Councilman Denis, "in addition to a unique program, developed to give the location JAZZALDIA success."

Remember, the Plaza de la Trinidad TVE LA2 chains has recorded concerts, and until midnight on August 17 to August 31 to provide.