"I've got chills, they're multiplying..

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jackson Doofster

"I've got chills, they're multiplying..

Post by Jackson Doofster »

and I'm looooooosing controooooool".

Just thought I'd share my 7 year-old's latest favourite song with you all.

It has usurped 'Senior Service' which has become too jerky to dance to (apparently).
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

That's funny!

I overheard my 8-year-old daughter telling her friend that 'Judy Is A Punk' is her favorite song. And then she said, "That's on the same album with 'Beat On The Brat'".

Much girl-giggling followed. Mine, mostly.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Little kids singing songs are great...my little cuz used to sing Edwyn Collins 'Never met a girl like you before'. :lol:

All kids love Radio GaGa as well, for some reason.
King_of_Spain

Post by King_of_Spain »

Another song children love: "Zombi", from The Cranberries (if you are not the father, try not to think about the clear advantadges of vasectomy when they scream, quite dramatically, eyes shut and fists hold tight, "in your heeeeeeeeeeeeead, in your heeeeeeeeeead...")
"Sometimes I name and number all the things you gave to me"
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I have never heard anybody sing "Zombie" since 1995 or so. And they were always people my own age :P

Then again, maybe it's still #1 in Spain for all I know :D
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

The story goes that my first radio sing-along was to "Changes" by David Bowie....hmmm.... :oops:

My sister's was ZZ Top, so I WIN!!! BOWIE'S BETTER!! yes!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I remember when "Grease" the movie came out and my brother and I split the cost of the soundtrack and listened to it over and over and over. I wanted to actually be Olivia Newton-John at the end of the movie, you know, all bad girl like with her hair poofed up. But I was always more like the Sandy in the rest of the movie.

We have tickets to see a Broadway performance of that soon. I'm sure it will be much different than the movie.
bobster

Post by bobster »

I HATE Grease -- even though they shot most of the exteriors at my high school! Though I admit, the tune is appealing to the 8 year old in us all.

At about five or six, my younger nephew kept forcing me to play "Lover's Walk" over and over.....Sadly, his musical (and everything) taste has been mostly downhill since. (Though he did accidentally turn me on to Eminem when he was trying to shock me.)
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Greased Lightening was the first single I bought. I quickly came to my senses and Blondies' Heart of Glass was the next single I bought. I notice the latest double disc re-issue of the Grease film s/track has that single version on cd for the first time. Will I cough up €30 for it? I think not.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Jackson.....can we get an mp3 of that!!??

Just imagining it is bringing a smile to my face.... :D
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Okay... you guys have inspired me:

I have an 9 year old cousin, and I recorded two songs with him when he was about 7. I played acoustic guitar, and he sang. Completely improvised.

Prepare to be astonished:

http://shell.weblook2k.com/~carrot/sammy1.mp3

and

http://shell.weblook2k.com/~carrot/sammy2.mp3
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I will smack your butt 10,000 times! Genius, clearly.

Good first song, LTZ!

I saw Grease at the Jersey Opera House this summer, with Noel ex of HearSay as Danny. My kids loved it, I had a good time too. Lots of great tunes.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Blue...that is one of the best things Ive ever heard!!!!!!!! Especially the bit about tooting in your face!!!