Costello on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Nov. 3 '10

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Costello on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Nov. 3 '10

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.shorefire.com/index.php?a=pr ... ase&o=4375

Wednesday, November 3

•Costello appears for an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," as part of a special episode, shot live in front of a studio audience.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/
strangerinthehouse

Re: Costello on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Nov. 3 '10

Post by strangerinthehouse »

Let's hope Scarborough doesn't join in a duet!!
And you try so hard
to be like the big boys
@shellacandvinyl
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Yeah--Scarborough is such a douche bag. Seems like an unlikely place for Elvis to turn up. That's going to be uncomfortable, at best.
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

Can we expect a variation on EC's 'cocksuckers' joke from The Colbert Report?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Anyone here attending this?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/

Coming up on the show

* MJ WED: Barnicle, Halperin, Heilemann, Buchanan, Politico, Ford, Meacham, Deutsch, Nicolle Wallace, Matthews, Noonan, Elvis Costello & more
John

Post by John »

Performance is on the website now. Just had to watch it with the sound off (in work). I really love this song. It's so immediately likeable. Sometimes the novelty of a song like this wears off but it hasn't happened yet.

I am being a bit cautious over how I am feeling about this album because with so many of his recent albums I have loved them immediately but then not gone on to play so much. This one feels like they used to do - you want to listen over and over to try and work the songs out and so many get better with each play (eg Dr Watson).
Unfortunately the family are Elvised out and I have to retreat to the study or the car to enjoy some proper volume. Mrs John accused me of being "obsessive" the other night just because I set the computer to record the New York show before going to bed! Does anyone else out there struggle with family members complaining about too much Elvis in ther lives?!
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

"Interview" here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/#39986101

He's on a panel of sorts, and he's asked for his two cents starting around the six-minute mark.
Last edited by wardo68 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strangerinthehouse

Post by strangerinthehouse »

This was weird. When he first came out, he sat in while yet another bickering conversation about last night's election continued, he looked so uncomfortable and out of place.

Then they asked him a stupid question and he just backed away from the corner they put him in and gave non answer, which was great 'cause all he wanted to do was play.

He played Josephine. It would been cool to hear National Ransom in that setting. But Josephine was great.

Still, weird.
And you try so hard
to be like the big boys
@shellacandvinyl
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKxEnEIU5Fo

Elvis Costello sings 'A Slow Drag With Josephine' on Morning Joe.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

johnfoyle wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKxEnEIU5Fo

Elvis Costello sings 'A Slow Drag With Josephine' on Morning Joe.
Nicely done, as usual. He has totally perfected his performance of that song - down to the hand motions between strums and the hesitation before "hesitation".
docinwestchester

strangerinthehouse wrote:This was weird. When he first came out, he sat in while yet another bickering conversation about last night's election continued, he looked so uncomfortable and out of place.

Then they asked him a stupid question and he just backed away from the corner they put him in and gave non answer, which was great 'cause all he wanted to do was play.

He played Josephine. It would been cool to hear National Ransom in that setting. But Josephine was great.

Still, weird.
Yeah, he looked a little squirmy. He had to mention his two American born sons, just to somehow justify his presence on the panel. I'll post this on YouTube tonight.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

So no 'Mystery Dance' duet then?
docinwestchester

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yosQW_54QpM
My upload of the discussion panel segment, preceded by a quick but amusing hallway chat with Willie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da0qv6VSi-4
Josephine
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

John wrote: Unfortunately the family are Elvised out and I have to retreat to the study or the car to enjoy some proper volume. Mrs John accused me of being "obsessive" the other night just because I set the computer to record the New York show before going to bed! Does anyone else out there struggle with family members complaining about too much Elvis in ther lives?!
Mr. Ypsi is SO patient, but I know in the back of his mind he thinks I'm a little crazy. When I play a CD, I use the lowest possible volume because I don't want to use up all his good will. And I don't really tell any of my friends about Elvis because I'm afraid it would seem stalkery and obsessive. Somehow it's like a dirty secret. Shouldn't be, but it is.
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
krm

Post by krm »

Ypsilanti wrote:
John wrote: Unfortunately the family are Elvised out and I have to retreat to the study or the car to enjoy some proper volume. Mrs John accused me of being "obsessive" the other night just because I set the computer to record the New York show before going to bed! Does anyone else out there struggle with family members complaining about too much Elvis in ther lives?!
Mr. Ypsi is SO patient, but I know in the back of his mind he thinks I'm a little crazy. When I play a CD, I use the lowest possible volume because I don't want to use up all his good will. And I don't really tell any of my friends about Elvis because I'm afraid it would seem stalkery and obsessive. Somehow it's like a dirty secret. Shouldn't be, but it is.

ha ha ha! everybody in my near surroundings know that I am obsessive. I can handle it! I think. I can live with this and behave normal (almost :-) ).