A caution to users, new and old

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
noiseradio

A caution to users, new and old

Post by noiseradio »

Hi all.

Today, I got an email from zebrasnake on my band's web site. It was most unwelcome. Condescending and mildly threatening. Just be aware that she's still poking around. If anyone gets any emails from her, you should delete them and block the email account. Trust me; she's bad news.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I'm really sorry to hear that, Noise. We've had such a lovely, quiet time without her--it's sad that she's still out there.

But, all--do look out. She's insane--she sent my boss e-mails telling him I was harassing her. Ten cuidado, mis amigos.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Sorry, Noise. I wasn't around on the old board, but I know what some of you have said. Let's all watch out for each other, guys.
IStandAccused

Very scary

Post by IStandAccused »

She is sending e-mails to a lot of people. One of my friends got one on their site as well in their guestbook. Promptly erased it and blocked the IP- She is on some sort of mission. I firmly believe she does not know about this board. If she did, she'd be here. I hope this helps any of you that are being threatened or harassed.
*"Common sense is not so common."*Voltaire
For those who speak French, "Le sens common n'est pas si commun."
Smallfaces1

what

Post by Smallfaces1 »

what has this girl done thats so bad?
"Do you remember rick astley? he had a big fat hit it was ghastly, he said i'm never gonna give you up or let you down, well i'm here to tell you that dick's a clown"
IStandAccused

Re: what

Post by IStandAccused »

It is a long story that goes back two boards ago. Zebrasnake had over 38 screen names on the old Island board and she would get into wars with other posters and create new names to fight with herself. Sound confusing? It was. She dragged many people from Elvis' past into the nonesense as well- his former girlfriend Bebe Buell was really her target as well as some of the other board members. She went after Noise Radio and sent attack e-mails to his boss and place of work. She did that to many people. She is dangerous and a "hacker". She has left tracks though and Narbawlz, the great Narby, had her pretty sussed out. Because of some really stupid actions on her part, her IP is posted and known. I have pretty much found out where she is from, etc... If she tries to contact me now, I report it, block her IP and ignore her. The fact that some people have heard from her again as of late set off some alarms all around. That is the best I can do in the explaination department. It was one of those "you had to be there" moments. Best to let it go. I think the person she hurt the most was Noise- she outed him and posted his kid's school and really scary things like that. I still do not understand how she has escaped prosecution.
Smallfaces1 wrote:what has this girl done thats so bad?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Who are you, IStandAccused? Did you have a different screen name on the old board?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Close. She posted my address and my kids' names. My kids weren't in school. She posted my place of employment. She harassed users at work and put their jobs in jeopardy. And she posted thinly-veiled threats about sending my children a "surprise" in the mail. Just be warned that she was either really a threat, in which case someone to be avoided; or she was just crazy, in which case someone to be avoided.

The multiple screen names thing, according to the webmaster I contacted at the Island site, was not all on Zebrasnake's shoulders. I have freely admitted here that I used about 4 different names in the "Himself" prank, and several other normal folks that regularly post on this board had an alias or 2 for fun and games. Nothing dangerous. I think Blue Chair and Taz have very wisely made that against the rules here, as it lead to terrible consequences at the other two boards. To wit:

According to the folks at the Island site, a user claiming to be Bebe Buell was one and the same with at least a dozen or more other screen names (none of them Zebrasnake). This was the person who was having conversations with themselves as these other personnae. There was another user who argued on the same side who also had several different screen names. According to the webmaster at Island, the user registered as Zebrasnake was at the same IP address as several other users. No number was specified to me. But the information he gave me was that between the "Bebe" multiple personalities and the "Zebrasnake" multiple personalities, there were over 30 usernames, sometimes having page after page of arguments with each other. In essence, you had about 3 people pretending to be 30 people having arguments. And they were really creepy things--threats of violence, legal action, name-calling, name-dropping (like crazy), and the like. In addition to all the Bebe madness, Zebrasnake was openly hostile to scores of people and generally terrorized the board, both publically and privately.

I am of the opinion that whoever was claiming to be Ms. Buell was not, but was in fact a demented admirer of her. I have no idea who Zebrasnake was, nor do I care at all. I just wish all of the above would stay away, both from this board and from our private lives. I spent last Christmas afraid to open my mailbox. I don't want that again.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
IStandAccused

Close

Post by IStandAccused »

Well, in my case she has been even more threatening. I agree that Bebe was NOT involved with that entire fiasco. And yes, you are right that it was not just Zebrasnake. There was another IP from Los Angeles, and one from a Midwest IP. I too have been privy to some of the investigations that went on. I actually think that Zebrasnake used more than one computer, anonymous IP's and was responsible for a huge percentage of that damage. She and the IP from LA, who I have since learned was another person on a "mission", did it daily and several times a day. Sometimes hours at a time. My point is that people can have one or two screen names and still be sane. Noise, when you had more than one name it was humorous and in fun. These former posters were malicious, conscienceless, demented and NOT SANE! Evil comes to mind when I look back. This will be my final word on the Bebe thing. In all truthfulness, I know for a fact that she was/is not involved. I do think that one or two people, not obsessed fans in all cases, wanted to protect her and stick up for her. It was truly terrible what Zebrasnake and the others did to her. It made me sick. Even if I hated the woman I would not want to see anyone treated in that manner. It was obvious that someone was using the Island forums to settle a personal score with Bebe. They chose the Island forum because they wanted to hit her where it hurts and on the messageboard of the man she once loved. They wanted to embarrass her and they wanted her to see it. I found out about it from a friend. I am an Elvis fan and admirer but I am also the same for Bebe. I looked at the forums because it was silly gossip at a party in New York. Someone was saying that "someone was really out to get Bebe on a Costello site", etc... The people that tired to defend Bebe on the Island board were not vicious or stupid people. Zebrasnake and her pal? and her zillions of names were really horrible. And Blue, it doesn't matter who I am. I respect the readers and posters of this forum and I try to bring clarity to sometimes confusing and nasty discloseurs. I don't post often or all the time but I do feel connected to some of the series of events. I didn't post on the Island board. I was someone who witnessed it and saw what happened but it was purely by association. I started to post on the Narbawlz board. Nar was a great guy and I really wish I knew what became of him. I was always "IStandAccused". And I will remain such. I have no need to be more than one of anything. I highly doubt that the same fiasco will happen here because I know that Bebe took legal action against some of the people involved in these internet assaults and won. Most of the trouble makers that did so much harm on the Island board have been legally barred from discussing her anywhere. I have noticed that things have calmed down a lot and if Zebrasnake is insane enough to rear her ugly head again, I doubt she will get too much attention. She can't get to me anymore because her IP is banned from my computer. What really frightened me the most was that she got my address and personal info and I wasn't even involved with any of the back and forth folly with her on the Island board. I think that is the scariest part of her return to these here parts of the woods.
noiseradio wrote:Close. She posted my address and my kids' names. My kids weren't in school. She posted my place of employment. She harassed users at work and put their jobs in jeopardy. And she posted thinly-veiled threats about sending my children a "surprise" in the mail. Just be warned that she was either really a threat, in which case someone to be avoided; or she was just crazy, in which case someone to be avoided.

The multiple screen names thing, according to the webmaster I contacted at the Island site, was not all on Zebrasnake's shoulders. I have freely admitted here that I used about 4 different names in the "Himself" prank, and several other normal folks that regularly post on this board had an alias or 2 for fun and games. Nothing dangerous. I think Blue Chair and Taz have very wisely made that against the rules here, as it lead to terrible consequences at the other two boards. To wit:

According to the folks at the Island site, a user claiming to be Bebe Buell was one and the same with at least a dozen or more other screen names (none of them Zebrasnake). This was the person who was having conversations with themselves as these other personnae. There was another user who argued on the same side who also had several different screen names. According to the webmaster at Island, the user registered as Zebrasnake was at the same IP address as several other users. No number was specified to me. But the information he gave me was that between the "Bebe" multiple personalities and the "Zebrasnake" multiple personalities, there were over 30 usernames, sometimes having page after page of arguments with each other. In essence, you had about 3 people pretending to be 30 people having arguments. And they were really creepy things--threats of violence, legal action, name-calling, name-dropping (like crazy), and the like. In addition to all the Bebe madness, Zebrasnake was openly hostile to scores of people and generally terrorized the board, both publically and privately.

I am of the opinion that whoever was claiming to be Ms. Buell was not, but was in fact a demented admirer of her. I have no idea who Zebrasnake was, nor do I care at all. I just wish all of the above would stay away, both from this board and from our private lives. I spent last Christmas afraid to open my mailbox. I don't want that again.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I'm not trying to criticise or accuse, I was just curious as to how or why you know so much information about what went on?

Also, if you were simply an observer in the background, then why would zebrasnake threaten you?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

That's a really good question. Here's another one:

Since the Island board never showed who was online unless the posted, and since you claim never to have posted, how could anyone have possibly gotten your personal information?

One more:

You say you never used another name, and that you posted on Narbawlz' site. There was no "IStandAccused" registered on the Narbawlz site. Hmmmm.
--William Shakespeare
IStandAccused

Sadly...

Post by IStandAccused »

Blue, I did not detect that in your post- I did not feel an accusation. I saw what went on. I viewed it and read it as did loads of other people. It was posted on other gossip sites as well. IStandAccused is my name. Take it or leave it. Noise, you have had it in for me for ages- I just don't give a toss anymore. Blue, you are a good moderator and appear to be a good person. Not knowing you I have no way of knowing for sure. Narbawlz was a good man. I don't have to explain myself to anyone. I am not on trial and I have done nothing wrong. In fact, I have been very honest and rational. And Noise, if you actually read what I wrote, it states right there that what frightened/s me the most about Zebrasnake was that she DID and COULD get my personal information WITHOUT knowing all the facts. All "she" knew was that I was an insider with "certain" people. My guess is that someone tipped her off. My guess is as good as yours. My other guess is that she is a stalker and a preditor. Therefore, I can't answer your question. All I know is that I am, as well as a few of my mates, on Zebrasnake's "hate" list. I am not your enemy so at this point I think enough is enough. We all have one thing in common- being harassed by this person called Zebrasnake. As for the rest of this- we are ALL intitled to our own opinions about life, Elvis, Bebe, Diana, Cait, albums, live shows, emtional attachments, communication, etc... It is not only a waste of energy to be nasty and cruel but a waste of time. And remember Noise, you began this discussion. You got an e-mail from the Snake- so did a few others. That is the bottom line.
BlueChair wrote:I'm not trying to criticise or accuse, I was just curious as to how or why you know so much information about what went on?

Also, if you were simply an observer in the background, then why would zebrasnake threaten you?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Fair enough.

Perhaps we should just drop it and not talk about it anymore? I just hope there's no threat to anybody on this board. I don't think anybody here deserves abuse.

Although I think LTZ is perfectly aware that I will throw a pie in his face someday :D
Misha

Post by Misha »

Well, well, boys....separate corners...

Thanks for posting as much as you did, all of you. Not being someone who was around on the old boards, it always seemed as if everyone-by not specifically talking about it-was saying that Bebe was doing the bad posting. Now, upon reading this, I realize that you all don't think it was her, that is nice to know, so ignore my rant on the Rolling Stone post.

I'm glad I have some sort of information about what happened before, and I think this is enough to satisfy any newbie to what happened.

If I find this zebra chick over here in LA, I'll put a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in her computer.

I'm glad I'm on this board and not on the old one, though it does sound slightly entertaining...as in watching the craziness. That said, I like our board's craziness just fine.

Be nice to each other or I'm going to pull this car over!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I don't think all of it was her, but I do think some of it was. Again, that's the impression I got from the Island board administrator. It got so ugly with that mess that they shut the board down. I personally would be warry of all of them.
--William Shakespeare
IStandAccused

Reality???

Post by IStandAccused »

NONE of it was her. NONE of it was Elvis. NONE of it had anything to do with reality. The people doing it were sick stalkers and people with an agenda. It may have been someone who "knew" her or EC but it was not them personally. And Noise was the only person that ever claimed or pretended to be Elvis as the sig "Himself". I can also assure you that no one at Isalnd records said it was EVER Bebe Buell doing the damage. She was the subject and the victim but certainly not the person penning it. This I know for FACT. Noise, you need to put your hatred and uninformed attacks on someone you obviously do not know in the toilet. Put all that anger into your EC cover/tribute band and just relax. It is not healthy how much crap your spew about a woman that has nothing to do with you or your life. You always start these conversations and then you get mad when everyone does not agree with you. I don't agree with you and I know you are wrong so lets just can it.
noiseradio wrote:I don't think all of it was her, but I do think some of it was. Again, that's the impression I got from the Island board administrator. It got so ugly with that mess that they shut the board down. I personally would be warry of all of them.
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Alright folks, let's calm it down. Take it as the warning that it is and that's that...
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I don't know Blue.
I saw him once, but was too intimidated to approach.
But I can say, that he is a hell of a human being.

ISTANDACCUSED, you know famous people? Wow, you are cool.

Does anyone have any seltzer?
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Can I just make it clear that I have two names purely for practicality purposes - I use two computers (one at home, one at the office) and can never remember the passwords!! Hence I am set to auto log on with each machine and cannot be bothered to change it!
Misha

Post by Misha »

Jackson Monk = the MOLE!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

As Noise is a big Abba fan, I thought this appropriate.

IstandAccused, tell me what's wrong
You're enchained by your own sorrow
In your eyes there is no hope for tomorrow
How I hate to see you like this
There is no way you can deny it
I can see that you're oh so sad, so quiet

IstandAccused, tell me the truth
I'm a shoulder you can cry on
Your best friend, I'm the one you must rely on
You were always sure of yourself
Now I see you've broken a feather
I hope we can patch it up together

IstandAccused, you and I know
How the heartaches come and they go and the scars they're leaving
You'll be dancing once again and the pain will end
You will have no time for grieving
IstandAccused, you and I cry
But the sun is still in the sky and shining above you
Let me hear you sing once more like you did before
Sing a new song, IstandAccused
Try once more like you did before

So the walls came tumbling down
And your love's a blown out candle
All is gone and it seems too hard to handle
IstandAccused, tell me the truth
There is no way you can deny it
I see that you're oh so sad, so quiet

IstandAccused, you and I know
How the heartaches come and they go and the scars they're leaving
You'll be dancing once again and the pain will end
You will have no time for grieving
IstandAccused, you and I cry
But the sun is still in the sky and shining above you
Let me hear you sing once more like you did before
corruptio optimi pessima
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Ok. Now I like ABBA.
--William Shakespeare