EC And The Imposters recording new album?

Pretty self-explanatory
martinfoyle

EC And The Imposters recording new album?

Post by martinfoyle »

This out of the blue gig at the HOB leads me to strongly suspect Elvis and the lads are recording as we speak in LA. They did a similiar gig in Kilkenny during the sessions for WIWC. So hopefully we'll be getting a bastard hard, screaming guitars, balls to the wall, album full of rockers in the near future. We can hope.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

damn, I hope you're right! And over on the now pirate-ridden JazzP board, they suspect 1) Diana is not pregnant and B) that she will do a world tour supporting her new album so we can possibly extrapolate from this that a frustrated Elvis will also be touring beyond March, and in an angry mood.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

and if he wants to vent his spleen doing a week of Lupos style gigs at Whelans, http://www.whelanslive.com/ , bring it on!
Watching_Detectives

Post by Watching_Detectives »

Lord, I hope he is recording as we speak. I'm really in the mood for a new Imposters album. :)

And for them all to tour! :P
It nearly took a mircacle to get you to stay
It only took my little finger to blow you away.
Misha

Post by Misha »

This would be great!!! Hmmmmm,,,,,,,should I skulk about studios in LA to find out? Nah, the whole needing the job to pay the bills thing would get in the way.

Maybe he will tip his hand at the HOB show? Spill some recording beans?

I would LOVE a rockin album....

I get all misty eyed just thinking about it! :oops:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Sour Milk Cow

I hope it's true

Post by Sour Milk Cow »

He should record an Imposters albums SOON. He was making noises last November that maybe he wouldn't make albums anymore, just tour.

I think that would be a huge mistake-- he is always great in concert, but the concerts always have a huge helping of "greatest hits." It's the records that have kept his career varied and exciting, and if he stops making them, it will be a disaster. He has a great band, and there are still lots of exciting things he could record. It doesn't even need to be a new batch of songs-- if he recorded Kojak Variety with the Imposters, featuring songs from the past 30s years (as opposed to vol. one, which was mostly pre-1970 songs), it would be amazing.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Well, I think this question may well have been (very satisfactorily)answered on the post about Misha's encounter with Pete and Davey....

Which means, I guess, that they're likely recording right here in L.A. -- perhaps somewhere in deepest, darkest Hollywood again. (Ocean Way?)

Maybe I'll EC and DK buying free range chicken and Brie and cheap California wine at Trader Joes? Nah, they'll probably stick with over-priced, celebrity friendly Whole Foods and Bristol Farms. Well, at least I think I can depend on EC not to cross any supermarket picket lines.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

If EC is currently recording in L.A., what's his excuse for not playing with Pete & Davey at the Randy Newman tribute?
Misha

Post by Misha »

And No Coffee Table wrote:If EC is currently recording in L.A., what's his excuse for not playing with Pete & Davey at the Randy Newman tribute?
I have been thinking of this since last night. I have different thoughts....all of which are crap by the way, except one......:

1. They haven't technically started, thus EC not in town.
2. They have already finished, thus EC not in town.
3. Too many damned performers and it would have been wierder to add another.
4. He's not a big a Randy Newman fan as the other boys are.
5. He had a night off and wanted to get his laundry done.
6. He had a night off and wanted to write some more rockin songs for all of us.
7. He had the night off, becuase he and Diana were thinking about stopping off at the Golden Globe Awards tonight....So, a night in for a night out...
8. He is trying to find the people that are supposed to be in charge of his website and "Kate's" site, so that he can either a)beat them, b)fire them or c) Have me come lecture them about the duties of their positions.
9. He has purchased a car, and it needed some brake work, so there is a mechanic with the patience of an Arab held in Guantanamo trying to teach him how to do a brake job.
10. He's a smoochin with his wife, as they have seen the honeymoon photos that we all saw today and are trying to plan the next public "Hot Couple Kiss" shot. Practice makes perfect....
11. He is actually laying out his master plans, with all of the research he has compiled, inlcuding large maps, trying to work on his New Pet Project: Destroy my fans' credit. I figure he has maps of our countries, printouts of our credit reports and our bank statements. Right now, his mission is get us California/West Coast folk. We are under attack....I imagine we will get one or two more shows that he will find some way to market as them being irresistible. Once we have hit bottom, he will have great pangs of regret and will seek each of us out by employing 40's era private detectives, and then will confess his eagerness to destroy us, and then will pay off all of our credit card debt and put us all on a list for people who will automatically get free tickets to his concerts. His mercy will be astounding...He will never return to his life of evil...joins a church choir...
12. This plan runs parallel to plan #11 above. He will take a large map of the world and gather up emails and see where people would like to have him perform.....find specific ones to avoid, like Dublin. (He must work out that argument with his mom, so he can get back there)..Also, in the fan hot spots where they are already having a problem, make more concerts in those areas until the fans cry Mercy publicly, with some sort of airplane and smoke....maybe even something at the doorstep to his label.....just because it would be fun to harrass the label....seeing as how they can't be bothered working on his promotion, or website, it will kill two birds with one stone!!! Wait to be impressed by what desperate fans could come up with for a public display.....start laying bets wtih Steve/Davey and Pete.
13. He was just snuggling with his woman....maybe Diana was playing him some love songs????
14. He heard that my roommate and I were going to be there and he was worried that if we met him we might not think he was amazing enough, so his insecurity held him captive in a hotel.
15. He sat and pondered his whole vegetaritanism/wearing leather quandry, got a head ache, thought it might be brain cancer, went to the hospital, and is still there as I type this for observation.
16. Didn't want to miss Amercia's Most Wanted and Mad TV.
17. His first knitting class was starting, and he couldn't miss the first class or they would kick him out.
18. His hands really are concrete, and he was at the shop getting the chips grinded down and some cement in the holes.
20. Diana teaching him more about using his hands..... (I am of course only talking about a piano here folks....I would never infer anything else :wink: :shock: :D

ANCT-----I need to lay off the drugs....... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

when has Elvis EVER made a "balls to the wall rock album"????????
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It's a shame Elvis didn't play at the Randy Newman tribute as he sang Real Emotional girl with the Brodskys at the Sold on Song show.

Is Gary Peacock Randy's normal bassist? :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bobster

Post by bobster »

Don't think so -- though I couldn't tell you who is. Am I just dreaming or did Bruce Thomas play bass on "Mad Love" -- I know Pete played on it....
verbal gymnastics

Bobster - the Gary Peacock reference was a joke. Elvis didn't attend the Lee Konitz thing because Gary Peacock didn't take kindly to Elvis (see the Elvis comments on happenings at a recent jazz show thread). I was mischievously asking if Elvis didn't play the Randy Newman thing because of Mr Peacock.

There must be something wrong with the universal translator.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Oh...rewerw derewr nmtere, xplx!
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:when has Elvis EVER made a "balls to the wall rock album"????????
I would say This Year's Model qualifies. I mean, it aint Back in Black, but hey...
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Depends what kind of wall, and also on the adherence of the individual males scrotum surely...

I can't imagine having my testicles up against a concrete wall listening to Brutal Youth, I'd much rather flock wallpaper. If I were to listen to Led Zeppelin 'symbols' however, it' would be more suitable to rest my sack on a red-brick wall.
verbal gymnastics

LC - and what about for your

No Doubt
Pink
Destiny's Child
Missy Elliot
Outkast
Sugababes and
Dido
albums then? :lol:
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Apparently, according to the '3AM girls' Elvis was spotted in St Pauls cathedral the other day...part of the honeymoon? What is the timescale for the album's recording? Maybe it's already done..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/page.cfm?ob ... ethod=full

Hmm, verb, as to the wherabouts of my balls when in the presence of dido/gwen stefani/sugababes...we'll have to leave that detail to the lucky young lady I meet via the elvis costello dating agency using tips from the lurve maestro himself's book...

I say lucky...
verbal gymnastics

LC - Maybe you need to do an Elvis Love Mix CD!