Prince

Pretty self-explanatory
ice nine

Prince

Post by ice nine »

I just watched the re-broadcast of The R&R Hall of Fame show and as I watching Prince it struck me that comparisons between he and Elvis can be drawn. They are both excellent songwriters who branch out into many styles.

It was also interesting how Prince's microphone was shaped like a gun.

Welcome aboard, scielle.
Last edited by ice nine on Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Yeah, but most innovative musicians are like that.

Unfortunately Elvis can't play 16 instruments :P
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Has Elvis has his lower ribs removed?

:lol:

Yes, I do realise it's an urban myth.......OR IS IT?
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Watching the broadcast, combined with the Grammys, made me realize that I think that Prince might be the greatest all around entertainer (writing, playing, dancing, performing, singing) of the last twenty years.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

His solo on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" convinced me that he is one of the greatest guitarists as well.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

and of course i missed seeing all of it. rebroadcast? somebody wanna mail me a video?

tickets for his gig in boston in August sold out immediately, so a second date has been added. but i'm not going - giant arena, too much money for the ticket. i just can't bring myself to do an arena show.

of course, come august, i'll be bullshit that i don't have a ticket. that's just me.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

That was a friggin' amazing guitar solo by Prince - I grabbed my 12 year-old that is learning guitar and said, "now you stand there and watch THAT." He just stood there with his chin hanging down. It was cool to watch Prince play a song from someone he admired, and then see my son stand there watching someone I admired.

I'm with Moody though, what happened to Segar's voice?
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

I think I remember hearing that Bob Seger had throat cancer or nodes on his vocal cords or something like that. Mid '80's, maybe?
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
jillbeast

Post by jillbeast »

Gosh yeah, I was telling an 18 year old the other day that since he was a musician that Prince was required listening...Prince and Elvis Costello! I scored tickets to Prince for June and I'm so terribly excited! He was my first concert in 1984 and here we are 20 years later! I had a terrible crush on him too, isn't that strange? He was just so darned sexy. I know he's little, but I was about the same size :-)

Hey they are playing "Welcome to the Working Week" on a tv show right now! Cool!