Mozzers Meltdown

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Mike Boom

Mozzers Meltdown

Post by Mike Boom »

Any of our English members going to this in June? Morrissey, Sparks , New York Dolls, Nancy Sinatra ....

Looking foward to his new album "You Are the Quarry."
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Indeed the Mozzer has had a meltdown if he's considering doing this

http://music.guardian.co.uk/pop/story/0 ... 53,00.html

Eurovision contest tempts Morrissey

Owen Gibson, media correspondent
Wednesday January 10, 2007

Guardian

In one of the more improbable unions in musical history, the BBC yesterday confirmed it was in talks with arch miserabilist Morrissey to pen Britain's Eurovision Song Contest entry. The former Smiths frontman is widely acknowledged as one of the best lyricists of his generation with archly bleak ditties like Girlfriend in a Coma, Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now and Every Day is Like Sunday to his name.
If he accepts the Eurovision challenge he will have to succeed in a competition where boundless optimism is the order of the day, and Boom Bang-a-Bang, La La La and Diggi Loo-Diggi Ley are among the previous winners.

Ardent Morrissey watchers will recall that last year he expressed an interest in entering the annual festival of high camp, banal lyrics and trite melodies - but most assumed he was joking. In the wake of another lamentable performance from the UK entry, with Daz Sampson's Teenage Life coming 19th out of 24 entrants, Morrissey said: "I was horrified but not surprised to see the UK fail again in the Eurovision Song Contest. And there is one question I keep on asking: 'Why didn't they ask me?' That question keeps going round my head."

The BBC, given the task of finding a British entry that is traditionally chosen via a viewer vote, took him at his word. A BBC spokeswoman said: "Morrissey has expressed an interest and we are in talks with him as well as other people. But nothing has yet been confirmed."

It would also be a case of life imitating art after the video for his most recent single, You Have Killed Me, featured Morrissey as a Eurovision entrant.

The Mancunian singer also once duetted with Sandie Shaw, the singer best known for becoming the first British Eurovision winner in 1967 with Puppet on a String, and who was one of his childhood heroes.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

Yes, I'd heard about this - hilarious, and a great idea, I think he could come up with something extremely funny , (and extremely arch of course)!
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I'd love to see him write something deep and meaningful only to have a boy band sing it in a sugary manner whilst dancing girls twirl in the background high kicking and jiving :twisted: :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?