"For we are deep, thoughtful people"

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
El Vez

"For we are deep, thoughtful people"

Post by El Vez »

Well, this morning I interrupted my work translating Krapp's Last Tape from French to Klingon (thanks for the input, MBA) to synthesize animal protein in my lab. Afterwards, I broke for a light brunch and sex with Jennifer Connelly in a hot tub while discussing the irregular movements of explosive sound.

What's everyone else been up to?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

I spent all morning splitting the atom. Had a brief lunch with David Beckham as he needed my advise on how to handle his marriage, and then spent the afternoon leading negotiations with heads of state for world peace. This evening im going to chill out with some light entertainment and have a farting competition! :lol:
Last edited by Gillibeanz on Fri May 07, 2004 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

and have a farting competition!
Here's hoping you make it to the quarterfinals. Remember, this is the time of year that all the preseason conditioning pays off. The important thing is to stay within yourself and take it one fart at a time.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

BWAP: I am stocking up on cabbage sprouts and fizzy drinks as I post! :lol:

Love your avatar by the way! We are watching all the re-runs of Lost in space at the moment and reliving our childhood! I bought my partner a signed colour photo of Dr Smith and Will Robinson which has pride of place on the wall!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Gilli, I can't stress this enough...lay off the fiber. I've seen so many people disqualified in these competitions cuz they tested positive for bran, it's such a shame after all that hard work they put in. Plus it can be a bit messy when you don't intend it to be...
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

:lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Farting contest? How does one enter. I was All-State my senior year.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

CRASH: You cant - its an all UK competition.! Besides you are too far away we wouldnt hear you!

Im going for quality not quantity! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

I wasn`t able to see any tv this past week - long story - so I`ve just spent the day watching 6 hours of tape ; Sopranos , Without A Trace ( 2 episodes ) , 24 , Law and Order - Criminal Intent and West Wing.

And now I`m going to see Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S McNamara at the Irish Film Institute.

And yes - farting happened and may well happen again.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

keep those options open, john!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

A UK farting competition eh? Well I probably wouldn't stand a chance anyway. I mean we have beans over here but there you have those pies made of kidneys and other animal intrails and organs. That has got to reeeeek.

Is there a way I could wager on it thought ?
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

If flatulence takes your fancy, then Irish pubs are the place to be these days. Since the smoke ban all kinds of unpleasant odours have become eye-wateringly obvious, extreme flatulence being the chief culprit. At the Joy Zipper gig in Eamann Doran's last Sunday they tried to offset this by using dry ice. 2nd last song the dry ice let up and I was nearly floored by a truly superb waft. A stomach-turning, silent-but-deadly masterpiece. Heaven.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

no WAY martin!

really????

hadn't noticed anything similar in boston. even w/ our supposed love for 'boston baked beans'.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

MF: You drink in some pretty rank pubs!! :lol:

CRASH: I am a vegetarian and relying purely on veg to stoke my boiler!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!