RIP Marlon Brando

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
alexv

Post by alexv »

El Vez:

When you say that PS Hoffman is the "it" actor of his generation, are you just commenting on his acting chops? If so, I could agree, but overall I find him too one dimensional, not to say downright creepy. He even managed to let the creepiness in to the wonderful world of The Big Lebowski!! How about Depp or DD Lewis for all around brilliance, and Penn for non-creepy intensity. I agree with you on Norton: there's a blandness to the guy that comes through in every role, even when he plays against type.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

How about Kevin Spacey and Gary Oldman ?
Spacey was brilliant in "American Beauty" and almost every other movie I saw him in.
Gary Oldman might have lost the plot a bit recently but in 80's and early 90's he was top class.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Mr. POLE you are right! But they lack the major sex appeal to match up to a Brando.....chicks don't dig those guys!
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Hold on! This chick does!
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Goody2Shoes wrote:Hold on! This chick does!
In all roles or one in particular? Daddy complex? :lol: :lol:
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

No, no daddy complex, as these men are only slightly older than myself!

This may come as a surprise to you, cope, but there are all kinds of attraction, sexual and otherwise, that have nothing to do with what a person looks like.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Goody....it's no suprise to me at all.....why do you assume that it might be a suprise to me? :)
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

If I may, Goody...

Cope, she said "this may come...", not that it did come (as a surprise). I don't mean to be impolite.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

You may, kind sir, and thank you!
Copenhagen Fan wrote: But they lack the major sex appeal to match up to a Brando.....chicks don't dig those guys!
Cope, your comment seems to imply that chicks don't dig Gary Oldman and Kevin Spacey because they are not thought of as sex pots in the conventional sense. My reply to you was only meant to point out that there are those for whom qualities more abstract than "good looks and killer abs" are equally attractive.

My apologies for the misunderstanding, and also for the beating of the dead horse.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

well OK GOODY....I thought for a moment, that you were implying that I was superficial, sex fixated and shallow!..........thank god that's not what you meant :lol: