Elvis and the ipod

Pretty self-explanatory
SweetPear

Elvis and the ipod

Post by SweetPear »

There aren't too many people who would appreciate this beside you guys.
I got a pink mini ipod from my husband for Valentine's Day. It was engraved to My Funny Valentine. (How cute is that?)
So I started loading all of my Elvis stuff on to it, all the cds and bonus stuff and some other odds and ends recordings I've gotten through the trading post on this site. With everything I've got (except for the Costello and Nieve box set that I haven't gotten to yet) there are well over 700 Elvis songs loaded onto my ipod! :shock:
OVER 700! It's so cool to scroll through this man's incredible musical catalogue~in alphabetical order, no less! I am in such awe. I feel like a kid in a candy shop.
Last edited by SweetPear on Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not angry anymore....
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Not bad, SweetPear... I haven't imported all of my Elvis CDs onto my iPod so I'm only at about 350 Elvis songs out of the 4583 songs currently on my iPod... heheh
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I have 937 on mine... but that's including tracks written by Elvis but performed by others.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

That's next....stuff written by EC and performed by others. I have to see how much room I'll have left after I add the Costello/Nieve box set. I've only got a mini. I did not load For the Stars, however, and I'm not sure if I will. Do not like that record at all......but my collection would not be complete without it.

All Elvis, all the time. 8)
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

There's a boot collection project called Burning Dec out there that aims to collect all the EC covers out there. There are 12 volumes so far, I believe #13 is on the way. It's like listening to a kareoke in your dreams. I still have to get around to this ipod thing, I'm waiting for it a)to become more user friendly and b)get cheaper, a decent one around here costs around €300/c.$397.
AlmostBlue

Post by AlmostBlue »

martinfoyle wrote:There's a boot collection project called Burning Dec out there that aims to collect all the EC covers out there. There are 12 volumes so far, I believe #13 is on the way. It's like listening to a kareoke in your dreams. I still have to get around to this ipod thing, I'm waiting for it a)to become more user friendly and b)get cheaper, a decent one around here costs around €300/c.$397.
sounds like a great bittorrent candidate for easytree. any more information.
This is a very nice page:
http://home.cfl.rr.com/jdha/stuff/ecmcotw/CDcovers.html - "jdha" must be someone here
anyway.. someone went to a lot of trouble
nice list format as well:
http://home.cfl.rr.com/jdha/stuff/ecmco ... rList.html
martin

Post by martin »

I have 498 on mine and i deleted loads of duplicate versions and just saved the version i like the best. I think Neil Young is the person i have second most tracks on with 81!!
EarlManchester

Post by EarlManchester »

SweetPear wrote:...I did not load For the Stars, however, and I'm not sure if I will.
You have to load the title track at least, for the EC vocals...
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

EarlManchester wrote:
SweetPear wrote:...I did not load For the Stars, however, and I'm not sure if I will.
You have to load the title track at least, for the EC vocals...
You're right, I do. Don't I?
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

I recently became the proud owner of a 15" PowerBook, and began burning CDs for the first time ever. Then I started loading up Elvis CDs into iTunes, with the idea of creating a playlist based on recording date (using only the official CDs, Rhino bonus tracks, stray Ryko reissue tracks and the OOOI version of LG2 Shoes).

Shortly thereafter I received a 512MB iPod shuffle, and immediately fired it up with stuff from this playlist. It starts with Imagination (Is A Powerful Deceiver) and maxes out at Weeper's Dream -- over 9 hours of straight EC, in a piece of plastic the size of a pack of gum, and we're only up to Trust.

I needed to share that with people who might care. Thank you.
Monkey Girl

Post by Monkey Girl »

Are you in heaven?

Soon you will be upgrading to a 60GB. Mine is full...almost all EC!
Minerwerks

iTune Elvis

Post by Minerwerks »

Then I started loading up Elvis CDs into iTunes, with the idea of creating a playlist based on recording date
Wardo, I've been doing the same thing! I think I've got some obsessive compulsive need to chronologize things. My playlist left out the various live tracks, and I've worked up through Spike so far (minus the "Almost Blue" album, which I don't have and "King of America" which I will buy next week). After that, I've put the albums proper on the list, but I haven't sorted through the bonus tracks yet.

404 songs, 22 hours 12 minutes 15 seconds.

I've also discovered a lot of the inconsistencies about recording dates this way. I've found the Elvis Costello on Rhino website indispsensable helping me to organize.
OOOI version of LG2 Shoes
I'm curious. I don't know what this means...
wardo68

Re: iTune Elvis

Post by wardo68 »

Minerwerks wrote:I've found the Elvis Costello on Rhino website indispsensable helping me to organize.
Oh yes. I was able to glean a lot of information from the Ryko and Rhino reissues and notes, but there are still some holes. The creator of that site has saved me a lot of time and frustration since I discovered it -- it also kept me from having to design my own online resource. (I started working on a similar project a few years ago, but it wasn't anywhere near as detailed as the one we speak of.) We'll have to compare lists to see where we've put things.
OOOI version of LG2 Shoes
I'm curious. I don't know what this means...
Shorthand for "the version of Little Goody Two Shoes that's on Out Of Our Idiot". It's much faster than the version on the Rhino Imperial Bedroom reissue, and I'm guessing it comes from earlier in the sessions for that album.