My Favorite Posters and Why

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Mr. Average wrote:Stop it, Noiseradio....
Stop what? I don't have anything to do with this shit.

Ms. Mug is right. I've posted under aliases. But with the excpetion of the Himself persona (which was a poorly conceived joke not intended to hurt anyone's feelings, which in retrospect I deeply regret), all my secret identities have been used for good, to right wrongs, and to fight for truth, justice, and the Armenian Way. Not to swipe at my friends. Sorry you'd jump to that conclusion, Mr. Average.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

There's no point blaming noise. The Spookies and I have checked the IP and Kissy Monster is definitely in L.A., making all of his/her posts from an internet cafe.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

What he said.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

So there.
--William Shakespeare
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

You know... it could be Bobster himself. He chimed in awfully quickly with his commentary. And we all know of his love of coffee!!
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Im think Mr. Average is innocent. And that he was obviously joking about Noise, it was probably a compliment...
Last edited by bambooneedle on Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I think it's Rosie O'Donald.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

More like Ronald McDonald.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Or perhaps Ronald Reagan?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Nixon. Tanned, rested and ready.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

mood swung wrote:Nixon. Tanned, rested and ready.
My senior year in high school I had that t-shirt -

"Tanned, rested and dead. Nixon in '96."
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Well, as SMM observed, I was correct. So, masked one, time to let our friends know!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
bobster

Post by bobster »

L.A. huh? Makes me feel like getting in the car and just looking around. (I would still half expect to see El Vez there, who I wrongly accused in a PM. Sorry for my lack of faith, EV!)
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Eh, I'm used to the kneejerk liberal media jumping to conclusions.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

To clear the air:

"Stop it Noiseradio" was intended to be a softball served up to Noiseradio, whom I have always demonstrated my respect and admiration for (even though I disagree with his views on Michael Jackson).

It was my thought that Noise would take my post, and respond with the best of the best pseudonyms that he ever employed during the ZebraSnake days, and respond with a post from the elusive DesCartes, saying "Shut the Fuck Up". You had to be there, but it was the perfect retort to the madness that was going on over at the old Island site with ZebraSnake and some of the Bebe Buell antagonists.

So my post was merely a trigger and nothing more. I thought I knew NoiseRadio well enough, and that he knew me well enough, that my post would never be construed as a credible assertion that NoiseRadio was Kissy Monster. I was hopeful that it would trigger the now famous DesCartes retort.

I'll be less obtuse in the future. More oblique. Less obtuse. Somewhat obsequious. Marginally obligatory. But always ostentatious.

Apologies to Noiseradio.

Now "shut the Fuck Up" about Mr. Average being the culprit. Visiting an internet cafe in LA is not high on my list of things to do, especially considering the fact that these places have become mini-havens for gangs, loitering, and increasing crime.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
descartes

Post by descartes »

Shut the fuck up.

And sorry I didin't get it right away.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

While I have no opinion on the return of Descartes, he has the
Best. Avatar. Ever.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

pophead2k wrote:While I have no opinion on the return of Descartes, he has the
Best. Avatar. Ever.
Worst post ever.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bobster

Post by bobster »

selfmademug wrote:You know... it could be Bobster himself. He chimed in awfully quickly with his commentary. And we all know of his love of coffee!!
If you knew Southern California traffic, you'd know that it's all but physically impossible for me to be posting during weekdays anywhere in L.A....well, unless you count Long Beach or Artesia....! (It's a 75 minute to to hour drive during weekdays.)
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

I'm with you, Bobster. I live in Aliso Viejo, in South Orange County. The notion of driving into LA, parking for a zillion dollars an hour, fighting the traffic and congestion, all to get to an internet cafe and pay someone hard earned cash to become Kissy Monster for a few minutes each day is comical.

The good news? Kissy Monster sure is enjoying this. There are ARL components in the satire, however.

Where does Claireguilty live? He has a keen sense of satire and enjoys the tongue-in-cheek post, and I certainly haven't seen or heard from him in a while.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I think he's in Chicago
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

That sounds right...now that you mention it.
bobster

Post by bobster »

The only posters who I know of with connections to the the Greater L.A./SoCal area, leaving Mr. Average and I, are...

Misha (the writing style doesn't really seem like her)
And No Coffee Table (met him once...it's possible, I suppose)
Mr. Misery (but he moved to Florida)
Copenhagen Fan went to UCLA (like me...couldn't resist mentioning that!) but he, of course, is supposed to be in Copenhagen.
Who Shot Sam? I believe has lived in L.A., but is supposed to be in NYC

My current theory is that this is fairly long-time lurker who has decided to drive us all crazy. I'd be looking funny at some my friends (most of whom know at least vaguely about this board) if I thought any of them had the slightest time/inclination to get so wrapped up in this.

It could also be a longtime poster who's making a secret trip out here and therefore could be ANY ONE OF US! (Except Mr. Average and me, of course.)
bobster

Post by bobster »

But one more thought. Blue -- can you tell what part of town/zip code the posts were from....?
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I won't be ignored, bobster! I went to Pomona College!