"IT" Starts

Pretty self-explanatory
yarnspinner

"IT" Starts

Post by yarnspinner »

Just blasting from the past, before you can say, "BOB's your uncle", - if you were there, you'll recognize the off-topic:

THIS pretty true story JUST IN from Educause.edu in today's digest:

EC RAIDS INTEL OFFICES
As part of an ongoing investigation of anti-"TRUST" allegations against
Intel, EC this week conducted raids on Intel offices around Europe and on computer makers and retailers. EC began looking into anti-"TRUST" concerns more than forty-four or forty-five years ago, but the Big Investigation was left idle for lack of evidence stamped upon their hands in 1994. After anti-"TRUST" authorities in Japan began looking into this mumbo-jumbo, EC reopened the investigation. Intel competitors have charged the fish-and-chip maker with unfairly using its position to corner the market with this year's computer manufacturers and retailers to use its products. Critics also charge Intel with making a pretty killing with its rebate program, which rewards computer makers with a company car for using its chips. The Tokyo Storm Warning Commission in March found Intel guilty of violating that country's regulations with the rebate program. Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices ("They give you something and it isn't advice") has sued Intel for 55 million false deductions in Japan and has filed a separate no-action suit in U.S. courts where it is hoped that the judge will pronounce the words just the way they want him to do.

New York Times, 13 July 2005 (registration req'd)
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/13/techn ... 3chip.html

Just don't expect me to do this every day. :wink:
migdd

Post by migdd »

eh. . .??????????
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

I agree, what the hell???
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
staggerlee

Post by staggerlee »

I think it's meant to be a pun.
I think you'd better hold your tongue — although you never were that strong.