You learn something new every day

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

BWAP beat me by one minute. But I'm glad he posted the lyrics. While I'm learning my Canadian colloquialisms, what's a two-four?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

It's a special offer - two-four the price of one.
RedShoes wrote:It seems the most common term in Canada for a winter hat is "toque"
Isn't that what the Doge of Venice wore?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

noiseradio wrote:BWAP beat me by one minute. But I'm glad he posted the lyrics. While I'm learning my Canadian colloquialisms, what's a two-four?
A case of beer - a 24 pack.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

I learned throughout my college life that no matter how hard you try there's a korean out there that's better than you.
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

That might be just you, ExtremeHo.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Extreme Honey wrote:I learned throughout my college life that no matter how hard you try there's a korean out there that's better than you.
I learned today that no matter how far we move intot he 21st century, people persist in making stupid stereotypical statements about ethnic groups.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
alexv

Post by alexv »

Speaking of Koreans, I learned today (well, this week) that Koreans treat their scientists like rock stars. This cloning Korean scientist whose work has been questioned has been answering his critics in press conferences that have gotten OJ-like national coverage in South Korea. The Korean national psyche has been severely damaged, it is reported. It turns out that they take the same pride in their scientists that we take in our basketball players. This may account, I say may, for the presumption that they are great achievers in certain academic areas, and may have something to do with the academic oppression that ExtremeHo has endured at their hands up in the Great White North, eh.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Maybe. Or he might be a thoughtless bigot. Tough call.
--William Shakespeare