5 must-haves

Post offers for legally distributable EC music, memorabilia, tickets, etc.
Otis Westinghouse

5 must-haves

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux wrote:This gig ranges in the top 5 of all EC recordings I have listened to. Elvis and Steve deliver a delicious setlist and a thrilling performance - all in crystal clear sound.
Out of interest, what would the other 4 be? I'm fending off the temptation to download heaps of EC gigs, but would love to have a few more gems like this one, which is of the standard of something you would pay good money for in the shops.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux

Post by Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux »

That comment was from the seeder, but let me try and rack my brain - gosh it hurts.....Let's see, 4 more shows that are must-haves. These are in no particular order and are subject to change at the poster's discretion. :)

"This is Tomorrow" London, 1986 - Captures the B&C flavor with great sound.
"Party Girl" Minneapolis, MN1996 - The end of an era; high quality sound of EC&The A's before Bruce and Elvis warmly embrace and lovingly go their separate ways; ATUB tracks sound great.
"Hit The Road Elvis" Omiya, Japan, 1991 - Great sounding recording of EC and The Rude 5....but then again I'm a big Rude 5 fan.
"I Stand Accused" Bethlehem, PA 1979 - Different kinda setlist, very good sound quality. No "Pump It Up"! :D Elvis sounds all pissy and he seems to seethe as he performs.

If that Rio show could surface as a lossless show, I would include that to cover the current era. Also, the "My Flame Burns Blue" performance is awesome, but it falls out of contention because of its official status.

Just my $.02. I'm sure someone else has a different take.
Otis Westinghouse

Wasn't sure if that comment came from you or not, but no matter, that's a great list! I only have one of those in the house, so will look out for others on dime, and maybe some are there already.

Maybe I'll slap "Party Girl" up there next. Have that one?
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux wrote:"Party Girl" Minneapolis, MN1996 - The end of an era; high quality sound of EC&The A's before Bruce and Elvis warmly embrace and lovingly go their separate ways; ATUB tracks sound great.
Wow, I've got about 175 EC shows and I don't think I have this one.

Now that I'm all caught up with burning, labelling, and listing(still have to update the video listings) I need to figure out how to seed something.

http://home.san.rr.com/allosmcmlist/

I'll put up "Party Girl" and maybe you can put up either Manchester, London, or Grand Prairie ('05 shows)? :D
Otis Westinghouse

Some list, Michael M (and nice to see you again, hope you've been busy drumming as well as compiling that immense list of EC and many others!). Care to chip in with your list of absolute favourite shows? I see you've added comments to some of these where you're particularly impressed, e.g. Bethlehem '79.

No Joy Division on your list, though!
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Some list, Michael M (and nice to see you again, hope you've been busy drumming as well as compiling that immense list of EC and many others!). Care to chip in with your list of absolute favourite shows? I see you've added comments to some of these where you're particularly impressed, e.g. Bethlehem '79.

No Joy Division on your list, though!
Hi Otis

I'm still playing drums alot, hopefully we will record a CD in the next 3 or 4 months. Seeing Pete still playing the way he does at his age makes me feel pretty young at 37.

I think my favs from my list are the one's with different lineups or him solo, something that's different from the norm. 1986-11-24 Royalty Theatre, London, England - 2 CDR is one fav but it was just seeded maybe 4 or 5 months ago.

I'd have to go through my list to really remember some of the best ones.

Most of the comments on my list aren't from me, I just copied and pasted the info files from the torrents. Everything on my list except for some Costello, Billy Bragg, and a couple Tom Waits shows are from torrents.

I'll try to get something up this week if anyone wants to make any suggestions.

I'm not surewhy I never listened to Joy Division, probably because I pretty much only listened to punk from about 1981 til 85. My older brothers and sisters got me listening to stuff like EC and the Police in the late 70's.
felipe

5 favorite shows

Post by felipe »

1983 the ultimate gangster
1979 i stand accused
1996 paradise boston may 20 th
1986 this is tomorrow
1978 crawling trough the usa

difficult to choose !

Solid choices Felipe! Where are you from?
Otis Westinghouse

Welcome and thank you! Quite a strong emphasis on early years and nothing post-96. Fair enough. Though I would need to have a Steve 'n' Elv on my list and Berlin is the one for me.

Agreed Otis. The Berlin show now has a place in my top 5 as well. Sensational stuff!
felipe

Post by felipe »

i'm french , i know there is nothing post 96 in my list but ... i'm really a fan of the early years ,( i bought" my aim is true " and "this years model" in 1978 ...
my favorite concert of my life was in paris in 1983 , (the punch the clock tour ) what a memory ! at the end , during "pump it up " they put lights on and we saw everybody stand up , dancing with a large smile on the face ... it was a great "fiesta " !
well , i still like his albums but not as much as the as at the begining .
(exept "all this useless beauty " , i LOOOOOOVE this one ! )

ps: but i dont like "north" at all , this grand hotel jazzy mood ... beuark ...
Otis Westinghouse

Bonjour Felipe (and hola too!), you gotta play North some more! I too thought 1983 was heaven. My second time after 1980, and was stunned by the power of it all. Wish I could relive that night.