EC plays Leonard Cohen tribute in Montreal, November 6, 2017

Pretty self-explanatory
And No Coffee Table

EC plays Leonard Cohen tribute in Montreal, November 6, 2017

Post by And No Coffee Table »

https://www.facebook.com/leonardcohen/p ... 4551134644

The Cohen Family presents TOWER OF SONG: A MEMORIAL TRIBUTE TO LEONARD COHEN
NOVEMBER 6th 7:30 PM, BELL CENTRE, MONTREAL

The family of Leonard Cohen invites fans from around the world to join them, along with renowned musicians, the Prime Minister of Canada and the Premier of Quebec in celebrating Cohen’s legacy for Tower of Song: A Memorial Tribute to Leonard Cohen at the Bell Centre in Montreal on Nov. 6, 2017. Participating artists include Elvis Costello, Lana Del Rey, Feist, Philip Glass, k.d. lang, Wesley Schultz and Jeremiah Fraites of The Lumineers, Damien Rice, Sting, Patrick Watson, and Adam Cohen.

“My father left me with a list of instructions before he passed: ‘Put me in a pine box next to my mother and father. Have a small memorial for close friends and family in Los Angeles…and if you want a public event do it in Montreal,’” said singer-songwriter Adam Cohen “I see this concert as a fulfillment of my duties to my father that we gather in Montreal to ring the bells that still can ring.”

TICKETS ON SALE THIS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd AT NOON (EDT)
AT EVENKO.CA AND 1-855-310-2525

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... al-concert

Proceeds of the memorial concert will go to the Canada Council, which awards grants to Canadian arts projects and supported the older Cohen during his earlier career as a fiction writer. Emmy-nominated director Jack Bender will film it for an upcoming TV special.
johnfoyle

Re: EC plays Leonard Cohen tribute in Montreal, November 6, 2017

Post by johnfoyle »

I guess this may the closest to a photo of Elvis and Leonard Cohen together.

Left to Right: Tom Perrotta, Salman Rushdie, Elvis Costello, Peter Wolf, Shawn Colvin, Paul Simon, Leonard Cohen, Chuck Berry, Keith Richards, Bill Flanagan

Taken backstage before the February 26, 2012 PEN New England Song Lyrics of Literary Excellence Award held at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Preview by Brendan Kelly in the Montreal Gazette published on 18 September, 2017:

" Leonard Cohen tribute at Bell Centre to feature Sting, Lana Del Rey

The Nov. 6 Montreal concert will also feature performances by Elvis Costello, Feist, k.d. lang, Damien Rice, Adam Cohen and others.

When he knew the end was near, Leonard Cohen told his son Adam that he was free to organize a public memorial event after Cohen’s death if Adam wanted to. He had only one request: it had to take place in Montreal.

“Adam just felt this compelling and moving duty from his heart,” said Robert Kory, Leonard Cohen’s manager. “The fire in Adam was so strong … and I told Adam: ‘You’ve got to lead it. I will do what I did with your father. I’ll help build the plumbing. But you’ve got to lead it.’

“I said: ‘Are you sure you’re ready? Are you sure you’re up for that?’ And he said: ‘Well, I’m not sure if I’m up for it, but I think I’ve got to do it.’ I said: ‘That’s what your father would have said.’ “

That conversation took place in the spring; just months later, Adam Cohen’s wish is a reality. Tower of Song: A Memorial Tribute to Leonard Cohen will take place at the Bell Centre Nov. 6 and features an impressive array of international artists, including Sting, Lana Del Rey, Elvis Costello, Feist, k.d. lang, Philip Glass, the Lumineers’ Wesley Schultz and Jeremiah Fraites, Patrick Watson, Damien Rice and Adam Cohen. Other artists will be added to the bill.

The concert will be produced by Hal Willner, a noted record and concert producer who is known for albums and shows paying tribute to artists. He has organized concerts showcasing the work of Randy Newman, Neil Young, Lou Reed, Tim Buckley and Leonard Cohen.

Cohen died Nov. 7 last year, so the memorial show will take place on the eve of the first anniversary of his passing.

Cohen had also authorized two projects to celebrate his work, both of which are set to première in Montreal this fall. There is a major exhibition opening at the Musée d’art contemporain on Nov. 9, Leonard Cohen: Une brèche en toute chose / A Crack in Everything, and Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal presents the Cohen-themed show Dance Me from Dec. 5 to 9 at Théâtre Maisonneuve of Place des Arts.

“So the idea emerged to kick off this series (of tributes) with a concert in Montreal,” said Kory.

The lineup of artists willing to participate quickly fell into place, he added.

“A project like this happens based on deep personal connections to Leonard Cohen,” said Kory. “I knew there was a producer, Hal Willner, who had a long-standing connection with Leonard … so I went to Hal and asked if he would be interested. He knew what a challenge this would be. So he meditated a little bit and he felt Leonard saying, ‘Help the family.’

“Then Adam had his connections to his artists, and I have a few. Promoters, lawyers, managers don’t put this together — it happens from a personal connection artists feel to Leonard Cohen.”

The show will be filmed for a TV special by Jack Bender, a director whose credits include episodes of Lost, The Sopranos and Game of Thrones.

All proceeds from ticket sales will go to the Canada Council for the Arts, the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec and the Conseil des arts de Montréal. Kory said Cohen often mentioned how important these arts councils were for him, particularly in the early days of his literary career.

None of the artists will receive a fee for their performances, although the producers will cover the expenses of bringing them to Montreal. They will all be singing Cohen songs, but no specifics are available yet. There will also be well-known actors delivering spoken-word tributes to the man who wrote and sang classics like Suzanne, I’m Your Man and So Long, Marianne.

Kory says he believes Cohen would be pleased that this show is happening in his hometown.

“Here’s what Leonard is telling me,” said Kory. “Leonard is saying, ‘I’m delighted that you’re helping Adam fulfil this sense of duty.’ We had a phrase that guided my whole management career with Leonard — ‘excellence without compromise’ — and so (Leonard is saying) ‘As long as we’re at that standard, fine, go ahead and do it.’ But then he would chuckle and say, ‘Kory, why do you keep doing these things? There’s really no need.’ “

AT A GLANCE

Tower of Song: A Memorial Tribute to Leonard Cohen takes place Nov. 6 at 7:30 p.m. at the Bell Centre. Tickets go on sale Saturday, Sept. 23 at noon via evenko.ca and 855-310-2525. Prices are expected to be announced on Monday, Sept. 18."

MOOT
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.4382086

Leonard Cohen's son promises 'perfect cast' of artists at upcoming concert

'Tower of Song' memorial tribute to be broadcast on CBC Radio 2 on Nov. 7, anniversary of Cohen's death

Fans of beloved poet and singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen are converging on Montreal from all over the world as Nov. 6 approaches — the date for a star-studded celebration of Cohen's music, Tower of Song: A Memorial Tribute to Leonard Cohen.

The homage concert, at Montreal's Bell Centre, will be broadcast across Canada on CBC Radio 2 the night following the concert, on the anniversary of Cohen's death, Nov. 7, beginning at 8 p.m.

The list of artists is still not complete.

"The complicated thing has been trying to limit the [number] of artists on stage. Because we don't have until Christmas, it's just one night," said Cohen's son, Adam.

Adam Cohen said he and his team came up with about 20 songs they knew had to be performed, and then they contacted their dream list of artists.

"We ended up calling hundreds of people to get to the perfect cast," Adam said.

"We had all these coloured postcards on a wall, and we kept moving them. It was very exciting, actually."

That list of artists includes BØRNS, Cœur de pirate, Elvis Costello, Lana Del Rey, Feist, Philip Glass, k.d. lang, Sting — and many more.

Leonard Cohen said that if there were to be a public event for him after his death, it had to be in Montreal.

Aside from the radio broadcast and coverage on CBC.ca, CBC Television is also scheduled to air the show on Jan. 3, 2018.

It was Leonard Cohen's wish that any public commemoration be carried out in his hometown, and a tribute concert seems a perfect fit.

Cohen had long said he enjoyed hearing other artists interpret his work.

He told CBC in 2008 that he found his own voice "very limited," and it left him feeling that the music was somehow unfulfilled.

"To fulfil it and manifest it so beautifully and so skillfully means a lot to me," Cohen said.

Around that time a Montreal International Jazz Festival tribute to him was in the works, and Cohen said the fact that a tribute concert was taking place in Montreal, a place he knew so well, was "a great privilege, a great honour."

Proceeds from the Tower of Song concert are going to three arts-granting bodies: the Canada Council for the Arts, the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec, and the Conseil des arts du Montréal.

These arts councils helped sustain Cohen financially in his 20s when, despite his publishing success, he still couldn't make enough money to survive as an artist.

In 1959, he received a grant from the Canada Council which funded a trip to Europe that ended in Hydra, Greece.

It was in Hydra that he bought a house, wrote, and met his muse, Marianne Ihlen.

A week of Cohen events

Nov. 6 is also the day Montreal's Musée d'art contemporain (MAC) is opening its doors to CBC for an exclusive sneak peek of its long-planned exhibition Leonard Cohen: A Crack in Everything.

CBC Montreal will be offering a tour of the exhibition on its Facebook page and website Monday afternoon.

Cohen biographer Sylvie Simmons, the author of I'm Your Man, will also be at the MAC Monday for an interview the public is invited to attend. More information is available here.

That interview will air on CBC Radio One Nov. 12 at 3 p.m. ET during a special episode of Writers and Company with Eleanor Wachtel.

The MAC exhibition opens to the public Nov. 9.

Leonard Cohen to be revered at Montreal's Museum of Contemporary Art
To coincide with the exhibition opening, CBC has created a free walking tour of Cohen's Montreal which will be available to download on the Detour app, starting Nov. 9.

Narrated by Montreal singer-songwriter Martha Wainwright, the audio tour takes listeners from the 1950s cafés where Cohen wrote his earliest poems to Parc du Portugal, just steps from the famous duplex that was his Montreal home for decades.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Let's hope someone in Canada captures this stuff....last time Elvis was on the Juno Awards, no one taped it!!

dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Well, looks like it will air in January i read earlier today somewhere Fave....I forget where. What i do recall is, that at twitter, i was asking Daveys mate Cameron about a cathedral photo that he had upped yesterday. It was OUR LADY in Montreal...could it be a full Imposters appearance???
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Steve's partner Muriel is posting photos on Facebook of the two of them in Tokyo today , so a Imposters lineup doesn't seem possible.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Gerard Profiti‎/Facebook

'In a certain light he looks like Elvis.......Ken Adian and I literally ran into EC in Montreal as we walked through revolving doors. Ken noticed him and then I ran him down. Although he was in rush he kindly posed for a photo while climbing into the car....'

scielle
Location: Berkeley, CA; London, UK; Montreal QC; Toronto ON; New York

Post by scielle »

"Elvis Costello delivered a high-energy rendition of The Future with about a dozen violinists, a fedora-wearing conductor, a pianist, standup base, three backup vocalists, at least two saxophones."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.4387331

Some excerpts -
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbLPjvoA92Z/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbLUtk-BHb2/

And here's EC with the Premier of Quebec, Philippe Couillard - https://www.instagram.com/p/BbLNd-pgD9Q ... ecouillard
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

"The Future" - great song, sounds like an excellent cover by EC.

Radio broadcast tomorrow night at 8:00 pm, TV broadcast on Wed Jan 3, 2018:
http://www.cbcmusic.ca/posts/19261/list ... er-of-song
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Elvis also covered "Bird On A Wire" later in the show

http://montrealgazette.com/entertainmen ... en-tribute
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

Thanks for the info-setlist.fm links ...
'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... te-concert

Lana Del Rey, Sting & Courtney Love Among Stars Honoring Leonard Cohen at Tower of Song Memorial Tribute

In the city he was born -- where he is interred alongside his parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents, where there are two posthumous giant murals of him on sides of buildings, and his home is still in the famil --, Montreal’s Leonard Cohen was honored, a year minus a day to his death, at age 82.

Artists of all ages and genres, from Elvis Costello and Sting to Courtney Love, Bettye Lavette and Lana Del Rey, showed up to perform and pay tribute to the legendary singer-songwriter, Monday night at the Bell Centre.

“My father left me with a list of instructions before he passed: ‘Put me in a pine box next to my mother and father. Have a small memorial for close friends and family in Los Angeles … and if you want a public event, do it in Montreal,’” said Adam Cohen in a statement. “I see this concert as a fulfillment of my duties to my father, that we gather in Montreal to ring the bells that still can ring.”

Tower of Song: A Memorial Tribute to Leonard Cohen -- named after a song on his 1988 album, I’m Your Man, and the title of a 1995 tribute album to his music -- will air in Canada on CBC television on Jan. 3, and be released later as a documentary/DVD, directed by award-winner Jack Bender (Game of Thrones, Lost, The Sopranos). No U.S. broadcast date has been confirmed at this time.

Though produced by Hal Willner -- the man behind many tribute events to songwriters and poets, including a past “songs of” Cohen, and the infamous Tim Buckley one which introduced son Jeff -- Cohen’s 45-year-old son, Adam, a songwriter, recording artist and performer in his own right, spearheaded the concert. He helped assemble the formidable line-up, which included himself, Sting, Elvis Costello, Lana Del Rey, Feist, Coeur de Pirate, k.d. lang, Bettye Lavette, Courtney Love, The Lumineers’ Wesley Schultz and Jeremiah Fraites, Damien Rice, BØRNS, Ron Sexsmith, and Patrick Watson.

Philip Glass, previously announced, didn’t appear, and some performers -- like Sharon Robinson, Basia Bulat and Shaar Hashomayim Choir -- were either surprises or late additions. Backup singers The Webb Sisters, Charley and Hattie -- who toured with Cohen on his first tour in 15 years, back in 2008 until the end of 2010, then again in 2014 -- also added their voices throughout the night.

The only departures from the musical contributors were appearances by Canadian actor Seth Rogen, who had never met Cohen, but is an avowed fan and fellow “Canadian Jewish person;” and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and wife, Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau. Cohen was a close friend of Justin’s PM father, Pierre, and had served as honorary pallbearer at his funeral in 2000.

Other than those three, Adam, and later Costello, no one regaled the audience of 15,600 people with stories of Cohen’s friendship or influence. Changeover was quick, one act after another after another, timed to a T, for the television production, even though it was not broadcast live. Most artists sang lead on just one number, except for Sting, Costello, and Adam; some shared vocals with Rice and Bulat.

On the backdrop, high and center, an image of Cohen -- dressed in his trademark fedora and suit and tie -- peered down from a window, watching the two-and-a-half hour proceedings all about him. One might imagine him making a refined joke about staring at everyone’s derrieres. There were also plenty of video clips, photos and audio of Cohen sprinkled throughout the show. A symphony orchestra filled most of the stage area, there when needed for various configurations.

Sting laid the first brick in the tower of song, coming onstage at 7:45 p.m. and singing “Dance Me to the End of Love,” adding the odd little dance move himself. Feist, who wowed people at Canada’s Juno Awards earlier this year, chosen as the artist to perform during the In Memoriam, again sang “Hey, That’s No Way to Say Goodbye,” along with two backing vocalists (she actually released it as a single days before). Patrick Watson played a remarkable “Who By Fire,” drawing the audience in with its increased intensity.

Sharon Robinson, Cohen’s backup singer and frequent co-writer, elicited cheers when she came out to do “I’m Your Man,” a smile on her face and a fedora on her head. Lumineers frontman Wesley Schultz sang the political “Democracy,” as two U.S. flags took over the backdrop, which led to the appearance of Prime Minister Trudeau and wife Sophie to talk for about five minutes -- not about politics of course, but about Cohen.

“Leonard was an extraordinary Canadian, mais il était un grand Montréalais,” the PM noted. Sophie revealed that on the day of their wedding in 2005, “Leonard was there twice, first as I walked down the aisle to a gospel ‘Hallelujah,’ and then when we had our first dance to ‘I'm Your Man.’” Trudeau then quoted the lyric, “If you want a boxer, I will step to the ring,” which drew laughs because the PM had once competed in a charity boxing match.

They continued on, showing their love and reverence for the man. “Leonard was a poet. In his work, he was meticulous and driven. Every word, every syllable, every image, every inflection had to be just right,” Trudeau said, leading into an anecdote about Cohen and Bob Dylan and one of his father, who died in 2000. “I like to think of them, the two of them, together somewhere, watching [this concert] with a smile, musing at all this.

“And reflecting on fathers and sons, I guess, as a son who also knew what It was like to have a challenging and larger-than-life father, I want to thank Adam for gathering us tonight and celebrating this extraordinary man.”

He ended with a line from “A Thousand Kisses Deep,” for which Cohen appeared in a clip on the video screens, narrating as the orchestra played behind his voice.

Ron Sexsmith followed with “Suzanne," before Costello grabbed an electric guitar and knocked it out of the park with “The Future,” spitting out each line. On the other side of the spectrum, Damien Rice sunk into “Famous Blue Raincoat,” closing his eyes at one point, in the emotion of it all.

Adam then came out and turned the teary mood around, joined by the Webb Sisters for “So Long Marianne,” getting the audience to sing along, “It's time that we began to laugh / And cry and cry and laugh about it all again.” He capped it with a reading of the farewell letter his dad wrote to his one-time lover and important muse, Marianne Ihlen, that was read at her funeral last July, including this: “Know that I am so close behind you that if you stretch out your hand, I think you can reach mine.”

k.d. lang, who many believe does the best rendition of the oft-covered “Hallelujah,” might have topped herself -- even the performance she did in front of Cohen at the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2006. Her emotional vocal from deep within ended the first act of the Tower of Song tribute, before a 25-minute intermission.

A black and white video coaxed us back, featuring separate clips of Willie Nelson, Celine Dion, Peter Gabriel and Chris Martin trading lines on “Tower of Song” with the choir live on the stage. Sting then returned for “Sisters of Mercy,” which got the Police frontman dusting with fiddle and penny whistle. He had covered that song with The Chieftains on the Tower of Song tribute album back in 1995.

A clip then showed Cohen telling the amusing story of meeting Janis Joplin at New York’s Chelsea Hotel; she was there looking for Kris Kristofferson. "I said, ‘Little lady, you're in luck, I am Kris Kristofferson.'” Adam then came out onstage with Lana Del Rey to perform a duet of “Chelsea Hotel No. 2.” When he sang the last line, “I don’t even think of you that often,” the pair were back-to-back, as if mad at one another, but then ended with a big hug.

Septuagenarian soul singer Bettye Lavette then arrived to pick up the joyous vibe for “Secret Life,” before Courtney Love, looking timeless in a black slip dress and black boots, did a slinky, gritty rock version of “Everybody Knows.”

Seth Rogen followed Love. “I’m going to start with very disappointing news: I’m not singing tonight. I know you assumed I was doing ‘Hallelujah.’ When k.d. lang came out, you were probably confused,” he joked. “No, I’m here because I’m a huge fan.

“I never had the honor of meeting Leonard Cohen. I had a Hebrew school teacher named Leonard Cohen so…,” he said to laughter. “He wasn’t as cool. I’m here to read a poem and I’m incredibly excited, because as a Canadian Jewish person, there is no higher honour than reading a Leonard Cohen poem in the middle of a hockey arena. That’s the top achievement. I can stop being a Canadian Jew after this.”

In a measured and fluid and assured voice, he began, “Field Commander Cohen.” When he was finished, after six “oh my love"s, he simply said, “That’s it,” and welcomed 25-year-old Børns, who was startlingly good, simple and captivating on “If It Be Your Will.” Adam then returned for “Partisan,” for which Quebec’s Coeur de Pirate came out with Damien Rice to flank him on harmonies.

Costello got another song too, “Bird On A Wire,” and added, “It’s fallen to me to just say a few words of thanks, if I may. And first of all, I have to thank the Cohen Family [daughter Lorca, a photographer, was backstage] for bringing us here.”

He continued: “Beautiful songs have brought so many friends together and people that I’m meeting for the first time, and I will remember this night forever.” He then took a few minutes to introduce the musicians onstage, including Cohen’s acoustic guitarist, bandurria, laud and archilaud player Javier Mas; Costello’s Imposters bassist Pete Thomas and drummer Davey Faragher; and guitarist Marc Ribot, with props to Hal Willner and more.

He then brought out his pal Sting again for “Anthem,” capped with a big finale note. Clips of Cohen with his grandkids and other personal footage and photos brought the evening to an end, as the choir from Cohen’s local synagogue, Shaar Hashomayim, backed his voice on the title track from his final album, “You Want It Darker” -- as they appear on the record. Then all the performers came out on stage to line up and take a bow.

It was then Adam’s turn to say something:

“The goal tonight, was -- with the generosity of this incredible band, and the beauty and generosity of all these artists -- the goal was to, as in many religions, to sing songs of praise for someone who is no longer with us. I know that my father would be very grateful not only for the beautiful love that you have given him this evening, but for his songs being kept alive by these beautiful voices that accompanied us.

“We don’t really have another song. I’m just holding the guitar,” he joked. “Would you please be seated? Hal Willner asked me a beautiful question. It made me very nervous. He said, ‘What’s the first song of your father’s that you learned?’ It’s this one.”

He then called out Basia Bulat and together they sang “Coming Back to You,” from 1984’s Various Positions. Curiously, he left Bulat to close out the night by herself, and she did so, appropriately, with “It’s Closing Time,” getting the audience to clap and sing along to a rousing end.

While there were moments during the evening that might have brought a tear to one’s eye, the tribute was neither maudlin or celebratory. Instead, it unfolded as one would expect for such a distinguished gent: tasteful and elegant, high-caliber and respectful, with a certain simplicity and efficiency.

Proceeds from the ticket sales went to three arts funding bodies, Canada Council for the Arts, Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec, and Conseil des arts du Montréal. Cohen had received a government grant in 1958 that took him to Greece, where he met Marianne Ihlen in the early '60s and penned songs for his 1967 debut album, Songs of Leonard Cohen.

SET LIST

Sting: “Dance Me to the End of Love”
Feist: “Hey, That’s No Way to Say Goodbye”
Patrick Watson: “Who By Fire”
Sharon Robinson: “I’m Your Man”
The Lumineers: “Democracy”
PRIME MINISTER TRUDEAU AND WIFE SOPHIE
Ron Sexsmith: “Suzanne”
Elvis Costello: “The Future”
Damien Rice: “Famous Blue Raincoat”
Adam Cohen & The Webb Sisters: “So Long Marianne”
k.d. lang: “Hallelujah”

INTERMISSION

Choir & Video: “Tower of Song”
Sting: “Sisters of Mercy:
Lana Del Rey & Adam Cohen: “Chelsea Hotel No. 2”
Bette Lavette: “Secret Life”
Courtney Love: “Everybody Knows”
Seth Rogen: "Field Commander Cohen"
BØrns & The Webb Sisters: “If It Be Your Will”
Adam Cohen, Coeur de Pirate, Damien Rice: “Partisan:
Sting: “Anthem”
Congregation Shaar Hashomayim Choir & Orchestra: “You Want It Darker”
Adam Cohen & Basia Bulat “Coming Back to You”
Basia Bulat: “It’s Closing Time”
emotional_fascism076

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

Sounds like a great show. I wonder of the whole show is around.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

The reporter's mistake , I presume -
Costello’s Imposters bassist Pete Thomas and drummer Davey Faragher;
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

johnfoyle wrote:The reporter's mistake , I presume -
Costello’s Imposters bassist Pete Thomas and drummer Davey Faragher;
Why do you think ELVIS made a mistake introducing Davey and Pete? I mentioned somewhere how Davey was apparently in Montreal the other day also. And Pete surely could have tagged along too.

Haha...or do you mean the role reversal.of instruments?
:lol: Could be interesting...
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

... complete superior versions of 'The Future' and 'Bird on the wire' by DPAM ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXJAbPSM7OU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63svnVAnik4

Stunning versions by chap I buy of chap I buy.
'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

charliestumpy wrote:... complete superior versions of 'The Future' and 'Bird on the wire' by DPAM ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXJAbPSM7OU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63svnVAnik4

Stunning versions by chap I buy of chap I buy.
three simple letters....WOW!!!!

our boy, STILL can own ANY song he wants to put his hooks in.