Charm School

Pretty self-explanatory
NapoleonDynamie1968

Charm School

Post by NapoleonDynamie1968 »

Has anyone seen a link to the Hershey show the other night? Would love to hear Charm School.
NapoleonDynamie1968

Re: Charm School

Post by NapoleonDynamie1968 »

https://youtu.be/PRE-hFw2Nns

Thanks to BA for posting. I have to say I love the song beyond words, but he does sound a bit flat throughout. What do you think?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

NapoleonDynamie1968 wrote:https://youtu.be/PRE-hFw2Nns

Thanks to BA for posting. I have to say I love the song beyond words, but he does sound a bit flat throughout. What do you think?
You're welcome... got lucky the one i decided to film completely. Yes, WORST i ever saw him sing. It happens... he got a little better by the end.
EcfanNY

Post by EcfanNY »

Good to see you again BA (as always). A nice capture of a beautiful song. Unfortunately my ears can only hear the fucking morons enthusiatically chatting away. In a perfect world they's be shoved off the balcony, but maybe that's me. If I go to a concert I want to hear the singer (off night or not). I thought the crowd was great but the blissful idiots need to shut the fuck up or stay home.
jardine

Post by jardine »

hiding place, posted elsewhere, sounded flat as well. i do find this more common that not w. live recordings. have put it down to the acoustics of the recordings themselves, but maybe not...on hiding place, once the background singers chimed in it got corrected [or buried]
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

EcfanNY wrote:Good to see you again BA (as always). A nice capture of a beautiful song. Unfortunately my ears can only hear the fucking morons enthusiatically chatting away. In a perfect world they's be shoved off the balcony, but maybe that's me. If I go to a concert I want to hear the singer (off night or not). I thought the crowd was great but the blissful idiots need to shut the fuck up or stay home.
Same here Patrick... always nice to see you all. You know, i try to get VERY ZEN and block those morons out during shows to enjoy the sounds from the stage. But, as i was recording this song, i had a momentary flashback. When i would be holding my old SONY cassette recorder, which can almost be viewed as a deadly weapon, and how i might imagine if it was crashed into the skull with Stephen King type frightening strength, the annoying chit chat would end!! :lol:

jardine wrote:hiding place, posted elsewhere, sounded flat as well. i do find this more common that not w. live recordings. have put it down to the acoustics of the recordings themselves, but maybe not...on hiding place, once the background singers chimed in it got corrected [or buried]

I doubt that jardine. Yes, my crummy phone is not an acoustic dream, but altering the singer's pitch is not one of its shortcomings. I have arrived very recently that when he is singing a rarely played song, perhaps the inner ear monitor throws him off. He will usually correct himself by second verse, but sometimes it takes longer. I think an old fashioned singer gets thrown off with that IEM sometimes. But, what do i know???

And i didn't think there was a terrible pitch problem on NO HIDING PLACE the night before, more a forgotten lyric jumbled him up, i think it was in the second verse.
https://youtu.be/VqgDDAeFugU
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I've always felt the IEM seem more of a hindrance than a boon to Elvis, certainly in recent years