Beacon Theatre, New York 22 April 2005

Pretty self-explanatory
sulky lad

Beacon Theatre, New York 22 April 2005

Post by sulky lad »

This one seems to have slipped by me without any impact on the collection or reaction from me - don't know why I missed it :shock: .
Could anyone help me with a source please ? Always willing to trade anything should you require it !
Thanks in advance !
FAVEHOUR

Re: Beacon Theatre, New York 22 April 2005

Post by FAVEHOUR »

I've never seen a recording of this show, which seems impossible given the venue. Let me know if you come across one!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I've been scanning concerts from 2000 onwards checking any that I didn't have and this one is listed as existing on the wiki but I've not come across it. I'll certainly let you know if it surfaces, FaveDave!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

surely you gents forget my sad tale....

the ever dreaded pre digital dilemma of dilemmas: THE INCORRECTLY EXECUTED (rushed) CASSETTE FLIP!

which when done to the height of its devastation, could have the dejected taper losing upwards of 45 minutes of music. :( :(
if you don't understand...too long a story to get into now. but, i do have approximately 65% or more of this show. the horribly bad luck on said night means that the HUBERT SUMLIN guest appearance is one of the tragically MIA tunes for April 22, 2005.

the quasi good news is, i guess my hopefulness back then that it would surface offset me sharing what i do have. so, i think i did indeed already transfer from cassette to cd what i did capture. OTHERWISE, this is currently an impossibility with no working cassette player in house. part two of the good news...a partner in these things has been helping share things we would never get to share in full concert attending agenda mode. DID ANYONE SEE MY PHENOMENAL GO BETWEENS FROM MAXWELLS 2000 shared 2 weeks back??? give us a little time, and me a reminder if i forget!!! best, ba
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

bronxapostle wrote:surely you gents forget my sad tale....

the ever dreaded pre digital dilemma of dilemmas: THE INCORRECTLY EXECUTED (rushed) CASSETTE FLIP!

which when done to the height of its devastation, could have the dejected taper losing upwards of 45 minutes of music. :( :(
if you don't understand...too long a story to get into now. but, i do have approximately 65% or more of this show. the horribly bad luck on said night means that the HUBERT SUMLIN guest appearance is one of the tragically MIA tunes for April 22, 2005.

the quasi good news is, i guess my hopefulness back then that it would surface offset me sharing what i do have. so, i think i did indeed already transfer from cassette to cd what i did capture. OTHERWISE, this is currently an impossibility with no working cassette player in house. part two of the good news...a partner in these things has been helping share things we would never get to share in full concert attending agenda mode. DID ANYONE SEE MY PHENOMENAL GO BETWEENS FROM MAXWELLS 2000 shared 2 weeks back??? give us a little time, and me a reminder if i forget!!! best, ba
I think that's happened to everyone that records concerts back in the day at some stage. My favourite story is one where I dropped the cassette and ended up chasing it around the standing area as someone kicked it as I bent down to pick it up. :roll: :shock:
It does seem amazing that only you recorded it though BA, as I sort of expected more than one source.
Never mind, at least there's some sort of recording out there. Thanks and God bless again !
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Okay, halfway there....i found the cassette! I think i have a cdr somewhere too. Give me another day or 2. Guess my tape flip jam was within the 45 minute mark of shows end. Horrible feeling for house lights to come up, and see your cassette at the beginning instead of at the end meaning you recorded the last 45 minutes!! I do have start of the show thru till DELIVERY MAN and then...no more! :cry: :cry:
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

bronxapostle wrote:Okay, halfway there....i found the cassette! I think i have a cdr somewhere too. Give me another day or 2. Guess my tape flip jam was within the 45 minute mark of shows end. Horrible feeling for house lights to come up, and see your cassette at the beginning instead of at the end meaning you recorded the last 45 minutes!! I do have start of the show thru till DELIVERY MAN and then...no more! :cry: :cry:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Thanks for sharing my photo doc
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

docinwestchester wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:Okay, halfway there....i found the cassette! I think i have a cdr somewhere too. Give me another day or 2. Guess my tape flip jam was within the 45 minute mark of shows end. Horrible feeling for house lights to come up, and see your cassette at the beginning instead of at the end meaning you recorded the last 45 minutes!! I do have start of the show thru till DELIVERY MAN and then...no more! :cry: :cry:
Great photo and description -
I miss that adrenaline rush when the 40th minute approached and the need to judge the length of the next song in case it was "I Want You" or another long one. Thanks for the effort going into making this one available, you're both stars!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Okay....here we go! I have a 100 cdr spindle that i did use to stockpile all my EC recordings FROM SHOWS I ATTENDED. i would transfer from cassette to cd in the dark ages of digital audio....which meant at my home stereo system WITH NO COMPUTER PROGRAM to assist in the tracking or minor tweaks. Hence, NO GREAT TRACKING. In fact, sometimes, i would just let it roll for five or six songs. ANYWAY, my first shows of 1979 thru 1986 were acquired UPON CASSETTE from dear friends Cal and Tony. Once this burning to cd from cassette at my stereo became a capability, i ran with it. From the 1989 tours onward, i began my own Sony Walkman amateurish, but satisfying recording of all shows attended. My search for this spindle ended this morning. When i located it, I looked through the plastic lid and as the top disc i see 4/23/2005 Imposters/Pick Ups disc two Borgata!!
With great anxiety, i removed the lid, pick up disc two and then disc one and the next disc is....7/15/2004 Metropole Orkest disc two. I WAS HEARTBROKEN BECAUSE THIS MEANS I NEVER TRANSFERRED BEACON 4/22/2005. Now, what? With NO working cassette player in house. WHO WILL TACKLE THIS FOR US? DO I GO BUY A NEW MACHINE IF I CAN EVEN FIND ONE & THEN LEARN HOW TO DO WHAT I ONCE DID EASILY WITH MY NOW DEFUNCT POLDERBITS PROGRAM NO LONGER HERE BESIDE ME? :roll:
SO freaking downhearted to disappoint my pals here with this hopefully, only MOMENTARY, sad conclusion. :cry:
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

bronxapostle wrote:Okay....here we go! I have a 100 cdr spindle that i did use to stockpile all my EC recordings FROM SHOWS I ATTENDED. i would transfer from cassette to cd in the dark ages of digital audio....which meant at my home stereo system WITH NO COMPUTER PROGRAM to assist in the tracking or minor tweaks. Hence, NO GREAT TRACKING. In fact, sometimes, i would just let it roll for five or six songs. ANYWAY, my first shows of 1979 thru 1986 were acquired UPON CASSETTE from dear friends Cal and Tony. Once this burning to cd from cassette at my stereo became a capability, i ran with it. From the 1989 tours onward, i began my own Sony Walkman amateurish, but satisfying recording of all shows attended. My search for this spindle ended this morning. When i located it, I looked through the plastic lid and as the top disc i see 4/23/2005 Imposters/Pick Ups disc two Borgata!!
With great anxiety, i removed the lid, pick up disc two and then disc one and the next disc is....7/15/2004 Metropole Orkest disc two. I WAS HEARTBROKEN BECAUSE THIS MEANS I NEVER TRANSFERRED BEACON 4/22/2005. Now, what? With NO working cassette player in house. WHO WILL TACKLE THIS FOR US? DO I GO BUY A NEW MACHINE IF I CAN EVEN FIND ONE & THEN LEARN HOW TO DO WHAT I ONCE DID EASILY WITH MY NOW DEFUNCT POLDERBITS PROGRAM NO LONGER HERE BESIDE ME? :roll:
SO freaking downhearted to disappoint my pals here with this hopefully, only MOMENTARY, sad conclusion. :cry:
If you buy a cassette player, you can record to your computer with Audacity.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Wish I lived a couple of thousand miles closer ! :cry:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:Wish I lived a couple of thousand miles closer ! :cry:
Thanks friend...
docinwestchester wrote::
If you buy a cassette player, you can record to your computer with Audacity.[/quote]

If they are available and you cheer me on, Lord knows if i have ONE not yet transferred cassette, i have 50!!! I would ask your help to purchase, OPINION WISE. JULY is when i have loads of extra money....just help me to find program most similar to POLDERBITS please