Elvis and The Imposters, Portsmouth, NH, October 29, 2021

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis and The Imposters, Portsmouth, NH, October 29, 2021

Post by Man out of Time »

Elvis and The Imposters with Charlie Sexton play The Music Hall, Portsmouth, NH on Friday, October 29, 2021.

The Music Hall, an historic 900-seat theater, the oldest in New Hampshire, was saved from destruction in the 1980s. Today The Music Hall is a cultural hub of Portsmouth and the Seacoast. The show is Sold Out.

The venue website has this to say:

"Grammy Award-winning Elvis Costello’s record catalogue of more than 30 albums includes the contrasting pop and rock & roll albums along with an album of country covers, and two collections of orchestrally accompanied piano ballads. 2017 marked the 40th anniversary of the release of his first record album, My Aim Is True.

He has performed worldwide with his bands, The Attractions, His Confederates (which featured two members of Elvis Presley’s “T.C.B” band), and his current group, The Imposters—Steve Nieve, Pete Thomas, and Davey Faragher—as well as solo concerts, most recently his acclaimed solo show, “Detour”. In 2003, Costello acted as lyrical editor of six songs written with his wife, the jazz pianist and singer Diana Krall for her album The Girl In The Other Room.

Elvis Costello and The Attractions were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003. In 2004 Costello was nominated for an Oscar for Best Song – “The Scarlet Tide,” co-written with T Bone Burnett and sung by Alison Krauss in the motion picture Cold Mountain. In 2016 Elvis Costello was inducted into the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame in the company of Chip Taylor and Tom Petty. Costello has entered into songwriting collaborations with Paul McCartney, Burt Bacharach, the Brodsky Quartet and with Allen Toussaint for the album The River In Reverse, the first major label recording project to visit New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina and completed there while the city was still under curfew.

COVID Protocols Update

Effective September 1, 2021, for entrance to Music Hall indoor, full-capacity events (e.g. concerts, comedy, festivals): patrons, staff, and volunteers will need to show proof of full vaccination – 14 days past their final vaccination shot – OR proof of a negative COVID-19 test within three days of the event. Proof of vaccination can be your physical vaccine card or a photo/scan of your card or via an app such as Bindle. Masks are encouraged for everyone. Children under 12 years of age are exempt from this policy but must wear masks indoors. Masks are highly encouraged for those who are unvaccinated."

Who's going?

MOOT
Charles

Re: Elvis and The Imposters, Portsmouth, NH, October 29, 2021

Post by Charles »

Me!
Charles

Post by Charles »

Amazing show!

Heart of the City
Green Shirt
No Flag
Either Side of the Same Town
Hetty
Hey Clockface
This Years Girl
Lip Service
Motel Matches
Penelope Halfpenny
Paint The Red Rose Blue
High Fidelity
EDIWTB
What If I Can’t Give You Anything But Love
The Death of Magic Thinking
WTD
The Comedians
Brilliant Mistake/Blvd of Broken Dreams
Chelsea
Magnificent Hurt
Mystery Dance
Mistook Me For A Friend
Farewell OK
Alison
PIU
Charles

Post by Charles »

Oops! What’s so funny ended the show after Pump It Up! Typo and sorry!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

cfm123 wrote:Oops! What’s so funny ended the show after Pump It Up! Typo and sorry!
You can always edit your original.post. at the top of it near your user name, you will view a pencil icon (the one furthest left of four... Just click that once and you will be able to add PLU as an edit
Charles

Post by Charles »

bronxapostle wrote:
cfm123 wrote:Oops! What’s so funny ended the show after Pump It Up! Typo and sorry!
You can always edit your original.post. at the top of it near your user name, you will view a pencil icon (the one furthest left of four... Just click that once and you will be able to add PLU as an edit
Thanks Benny and they added the setlist on the wiki, so I wanted to call myself out to bring attention to that. Great shows!!!
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

It's hard not to feel envious, sat here in grey and windswept UK, reading all these accounts of great shows. Keeping every finger I've got crossed for a UK tour ASAP in 2022, but still exciting to see these set-lists. The impression I get is that EC is really 'up for it' this time (to be fair, he's seemed 'up for it' in every show I've ever seen, but you know what I mean). Still playing plenty of new songs, still jiggling the set-list around every night - lovely to see 'Heart of the City' making a comeback (first time on this tour?), and great to see 'Motel Matches' getting another spin. In lieu of any UK dates (yet), reading these set-lists first thing in the morning is cheering me up!
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

I went to see Nick Lowe at Nells in West Kensington last night, in lieu of seeing EC. Nick played both Heart of the City and PLU - in rather different versions, of course, but still excellent. On my way there I passed a pharmacy and a closed down shop that a sign told me was the site of the Nashville Rooms - the venue of my first ever EC concert back in 1977. Funny how things connect!
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Fishfinger king wrote: On my way there I passed a pharmacy and a closed down shop that a sign told me was the site of the Nashville Rooms - the venue of my first ever EC concert back in 1977. Funny how things connect!
I know that old launderette. The local council filled the window of the closed shop with that sign noting the history of the nearby Nashville Rooms. The Nashville Rooms were in what is now "The Famous Three Kings" pub on the SE corner of the junction between the Cromwell Road and the North End Road. The interior of the pub bears no trace of its former role as a live music venue, but the door nearest the tube station is still glazed with the convex panels shown in the photo and advertisement shown on this page:

Punk77.co.uk

MOOT
Charles

Post by Charles »

Hawksmoor wrote:
It's hard not to feel envious, sat here in grey and windswept UK, reading all these accounts of great shows. Keeping every finger I've got crossed for a UK tour ASAP in 2022, but still exciting to see these set-lists. The impression I get is that EC is really 'up for it' this time (to be fair, he's seemed 'up for it' in every show I've ever seen, but you know what I mean). Still playing plenty of new songs, still jiggling the set-list around every night - lovely to see 'Heart of the City' making a comeback (first time on this tour?), and great to see 'Motel Matches' getting another spin. In lieu of any UK dates (yet), reading these set-lists first thing in the morning is cheering me up!
Glad I could help as I’m usually feeling the same way when missing shows.